Profile for Gromit > Reviews

Content by Gromit

Gromit "Gromit" (HYDE, Cheshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Dread Times
Dread Times

5.0 out of 5 stars DrearyZone, 19 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Dread Times (Audio CD)
It really saddens me to say that I don't like this. I have liked everything this band have ever done, but I find this very uninspired, samey and a tad lazy. A bit telling that, after the first couple of listens, it is the two instrumental tracks, 'Music Army' and 'After the storm' that are least grating. It's all pretty slow and and a bit dreary. Even the samples are uneventful. I may return after giving it a few more listens, but at the moment it is not doing it for me.
On saying all that, 5 stars just for not being a piece of Cowell manufactured junk.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very happy with this, 5 stars, 5 Nov. 2016
Yep, a great Android box. At first I was disappointed, there were a lot of dead links. I tried to watch a English Premier League soccer match, and it was 20 minutes before I found a descent feed. And the Kodi interface is horrible and adding repositories is not very user friendly. But you get used to it. You learn where to find good links, and once you have put new add-ons on, then you don't have to do it again. I waited a couple of months from buying my box, to reviewing it. I would have given it a poor review on week one, but now I have learned the device (and modified it to my liking) I think it is great. The hardware seems to be well built, and sturdy, and the supplied software is fine.

Schwalbe City Jet Active Wired Tyre with Kevlarguard SBC 600 g (40-559) - 26 x 1.50 Inches, Black
Offered by Bike Champions

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a tyre and it works. A bit ..., 3 May 2015
It is a tyre and it works. A bit odd that I ordered 2 tyres and each tyre came from a different supplier, hundreds of miles apart. It was a 26 inch tyre, so to be able to re-use the packaging as a full size table tennis court was an added bonus.

Backspace Unwind
Backspace Unwind

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lamb, love this., 3 May 2015
This review is from: Backspace Unwind (Audio CD)
Lamb are fantastic and this is as brilliant as I expected it to be.

Pre-formed Molded Coco Liner for Wall Trough - 90cm (36") wide
Pre-formed Molded Coco Liner for Wall Trough - 90cm (36") wide
Offered by UK Garden Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed a trough liner, bought one and it worked, 3 May 2015
It was the right size and seems good so far

The Grand Budapest Hotel (Original Soundtrack)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Original Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars You've got to love this...., 27 Feb. 2015
The film was great. The music is fantastic. Another Wonderful soundtrack fom Desplat. Told my friends how good this was, and then it won an Oscar for best Score.

Husky HUS-KN79 Stella Artois Personal Beer Refrigerator, Silver
Husky HUS-KN79 Stella Artois Personal Beer Refrigerator, Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like an aircraft taking off, 9 Jun. 2013
Very very noisey. You can hear it all over the house. Sometimes have to resport to unplugging it at night to get some sleep, and it isn't in the same room. I was also disappointed by the colour. In the product photo it looks very light grey, when in reality it is very dark grey and not very attractive. In summer, it stuggles to keep my beer cold. I bought it so as not to clog up the kitchen fridge with alcohol, but on hot days I have to use the proper fridge to get a decently chilled drink. Maybe suit someone who is stone deaf.

Chariots of Fire: The Play [Music from the Stage Show]
Chariots of Fire: The Play [Music from the Stage Show]

5.0 out of 5 stars A more mature Vangelis, 29 July 2012
The OST was unusual because it was largely synthesiser music in what was a period film. But strangely it workEd very well. But after Conquest of Paradise, Mythodea, and Alexander, Vangelis has evolved a more classical sound and this album refects that. The 30 year old material is respectfully treated and anyone who loves the original music will not be disappointed. And the new stuff complements it perfectly. I was a bit worried that this album might be a catastrophe but instead it is a triumph.

Aroma Home Fuzzy Friends Slippers - Lamb 7 UK (41 EU)
Aroma Home Fuzzy Friends Slippers - Lamb 7 UK (41 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just looking at them makes me happy, 11 Oct. 2011
Now on my second pair, these slippers are very comfortable, warm and fun. They wash well. When my first pair began to wear out, I just had to get another pair the same.

Eye On The Horizon
Eye On The Horizon
Offered by Hausmusik

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect accompaniment to a English Summer, 23 April 2010
This review is from: Eye On The Horizon (Audio CD)
Just arrived early (before the release date) and my initial impression is this is a very jolly album, very up, yet mellow at the same time. Just listening to it sat in the sunshine, and all is well with the world. I'll post a more detailed review in a few weeks time.

Page: 1 | 2