Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Sarcasmo" (Cardiff, Wales)

The Cat's Meow [DVD] (2001)
The Cat's Meow [DVD] (2001)
Dvd ~ Kirsten Dunst
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cats Meow Indeed!, 6 July 2007
This review is from: The Cat's Meow [DVD] (2001) (DVD)
I LOVED this film! The detail is fantastic as is the acting. I was first interested in this film for Eddie Izzard, who definately gets to show off his acting ability and stays sexy even with brown contact lenses! Then I find that the legend that is Joanna Lumley is also in the film and as always she is a delight.
Im not usually the biggest fan of Kirsten Dunst but I really liked her in this film and all the others actors do a great job. It definately feels like a group effort with no one person feeling like they are hogging the screen which is definately a plus.
Even if you are not familiar with the scandle that the story is based on you will still be able to enjoy this film and get a feel for the glamour and extravagance of the 1920's era hollywood.
Definately one to watch - just a great film.

This Is Hazelville
This Is Hazelville
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Upbeat and fantastic!, 21 Jun. 2007
This review is from: This Is Hazelville (Audio CD)
I had only heard the single Glorious when I bought this CD. I loved the single so checked out the reviews for the whole album, all of which said it was a really good.

I thought I might be disappointed as I had high expectations that the album would be as good as the single. I wasn't and it is!

This album makes such a change from all the 'samey' indie sound thats around at the moment. Its upbeat (definately makes a change) and you can dance around to it (if so inclined)! The harmonies sail along and it makes a nice change having both a female and male voice in the mix.

Some people may find they have to listen to it a couple of times before fully appreciating it, but believe me its worth doing if this is the case.

I would reccomend this album to anyone - puts a simle on your face and a dance in your step!

Happy listening! :)