Profile for Stephen Matthews > Reviews

Content by Stephen Matthews

Stephen Matthews "stephen matthews" (Midlands, GB)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black)
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more?, 21 Oct. 2015
Great! Paid £150 a year ago for something not as good that has died, can't vouch for the longevity of the Fire of course but it's seriously cheap, fast, lovely screen. Any idea how I change the "Steve's Fire" to "Someone Else's Fire" it was a present!

Audio Dynamix, MESH2 Stereo Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker - White- 12hrs playtime, 15 metre BT range , SD card reader. Now featuring new High Definition long throw speakers and Harmonic Bass Matrix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Sept. 2015
At this price I'm very happy and my daughter tells me it sounds great for the size.

ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 - 150 Watt Multicompatible Low Noise CPU Cooler for AMD and Intel Sockets
Offered by Brainboost

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, (you won't need separate thermal paste) and a couple of things I discovered when fitting it., 5 July 2015
Works very well, I've never built a PC and I fitted this in about 10 minutes. With my INTEL I just need to fit the bracket to the four cream adaptors on the motherboard then screw on the fan assembly.
Caveats for people like me :
1: Avoid touching the plate that mates with the actual CPU as that has a thin layer of thermal paste (which saves you money on buying paste too)
2: To access one of the two screws that fit the assembly to the bracket you'll probably need to remove the fan at one end as it obscures the screw hole, but that just involves popping off rubber grommets which refit easily enough.
3. It's BIG can't see this fitting a small case, check dimensions first.
4. I'd call it quiet rather than silent (but I like to know if I've left it on anyway) and what noise there is is a low hum not the insane whine of the fan it replaced.
I'd swear the PC is running faster now but that could be my imagination! Brilliant value.

Cute Dust Mop Slippers Shoes Floor Cleaner Clean Easy Bathroom Office Kitchen(Pink)
Offered by prochive

5.0 out of 5 stars genius!, 30 Mar. 2015
just the best thing ever, don't think I've ever seen my wife so happy!

iBox 79085R Twist Portable Bluetooth Speaker
iBox 79085R Twist Portable Bluetooth Speaker

3.0 out of 5 stars Charged battery life seems good, has a good punchy midrange and quite civilized ..., 30 Mar. 2015
Check the measurements it's small, but this has gains in portability which has gains for my sanity as my daughter now streams music to the bathroom rather than leaving doors open and blasting her old stereo. Charged battery life seems good, has a good punchy midrange and quite civilized treble so favours vocal music, there's no bass to speak of (and I've streamed all sorts of sources) even pushed up hard against the wall but that's hardly surprising given the size. Not bad for £40 but it's the usability / portability, reduced price that just scrapes three stars.

Corsair CSSD-F60GBLS 7mm 60GB Force Series LS SATA 3 Phison Toggle Nand Slim Solid State Drive
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy., 30 Mar. 2015
Greased lightning! Forget adding extra RAM, processors, nothing will give you the speed this does, I've relegated my original 1TB drive to data storage and boot Windows 7 from this, the gains in speed are ridiculous! Very happy.

Kensington KeyFolio Case and Spill-Proof Silicon Keyboard with Bluetooth for iPad Air - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars and if like me you swipe up from the bottom to open ..., 30 Mar. 2015
£15 is about right, I can't believe Kensington sold this for £80! Be aware it sits very upright which can make viewing a pain, the keyboard is soft and in some ways imprecise, and if like me you swipe up from the bottom to open the preferences panel you'll find that near impossible as the case obscures so much of the edge. On the bright side (!) it's nicely made and has a solid feel and it's easy to connect to the Bluetooth.

Audioquest FLX/SLIP 16/2 Speaker Cable 2 Core Sold Per Metre
Audioquest FLX/SLIP 16/2 Speaker Cable 2 Core Sold Per Metre
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 Jan. 2015
I've always been slightly skeptical of cable claims but the difference these made is NOT small (over decent quality twin and earth) and this isn't remotely expensive. Course I'm now wondering how much better Audioquest higher range products might be ;-)

The Bone Clocks
The Bone Clocks
by David Mitchell

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful, sub Clive Barker hocus pocus, clunky ..., 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Bone Clocks (Hardcover)
Just awful, sub Clive Barker hocus pocus, clunky dialogue, dreadful descriptions "walked out into the ready salted air", huh? Ludicrous "the Anchorites of the Dusk Chapel of the Blind Cathar" read something else. After this I re-read Midnight's Children, now THAT is a saga.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2014 6:30 PM BST

HP Wireless Audio System Windows 7/8 Compatible
HP Wireless Audio System Windows 7/8 Compatible
Offered by Megabrokers

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap(est?) streamer, buy one!, 27 Jan. 2014
This just works and if like me your iPod classic is full, (and it doesn't handle 24bit files anyway) this far and away the cheapest way of getting those free 24 bit files to your hi-fi, streams anything you can hear. It is pretty much a USB sound card, so any sound your PC makes is transmitted to your stereo/speakers
Freeware "Media Monkey" handling the FLAC and it sounds pretty good through my mid range hi-fi (Musical Fidelity amp and KEF speakers), great buy, very happy at this price, good dealer too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3