Profile for Mrs. J. D. Thomas > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. D. Thomas

Mrs. J. D. Thomas "Denise" (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
What Doesn't Kill You (A DI Fenchurch novel Book 3)
What Doesn't Kill You (A DI Fenchurch novel Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a must read., 23 April 2017
I just couldn't wait for this book to be published and I was not at all disappointed. Many twists and turns and never expected the end. I would love to hear more about DI Fenchurch and his family and how his family life pans out as well as the gritty stories. Hope for more in this series.

Someone Else's Child
Someone Else's Child
by Helen Klein Ross

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable read., 18 April 2017
This review is from: Someone Else's Child (Paperback)
While I thoroughly enjoyed this story and the points of view of each of the characters I felt it ended so abruptly and my sympathies were entirely with the mother, her baby stolen and the trauma she and her husband have suffered for many years. The daughter, although understandably feels more for the kidnapper than her real mother as she knows her better, I felt somehow she escaped justice and it wasn't a plausible ending. It was well written and I suppose it didn't end as I hoped it would.Would recommend reading it.

One Wish
One Wish

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful heartwarming read., 2 April 2017
This review is from: One Wish (Kindle Edition)
A truly lovely heartwarming story, I never really wanted it to end. I would love to know more. How does the relationship between Becky and Dennis work out, do her friends achieve what they most want in life, I would love there to be a sequal to this story. This is the first book of this authors I have read and now I have just ordered all her other books on my Kindle, that says it all to me. Thank you for such a wonderful book I found hard to put down.

Lies: The stunning new psychological thriller you won't be able to put down!
Lies: The stunning new psychological thriller you won't be able to put down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent debut thriller, 24 Mar. 2017
I found this to be a hugely compelling book to read. So many twists and turns and I never expected it to end as it did. I will definitely read more of this authors books.

The Queen of Wishful Thinking
The Queen of Wishful Thinking

5.0 out of 5 stars A totally unmissable read., 13 Mar. 2017
I totally loved reading this book, and can definitely recommend it, in fact I would say, don't miss it. I have all this authors books and this goes down as one of her very best. I was awake till the early hours reading it and finished it later this afternoon. Other reviewers have told what the story is about so all I can say is it is a story that touches the heartstrings but also has some incredibly funny moments. A fabulous book.

Only the Truth
Only the Truth

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping thriller., 19 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Only the Truth (Kindle Edition)
I loved the twists and turns in this book and never guessed the final outcome. Would definitely recommend reading, having said that I am a fan of all Adam Crofts books.

Kidnapped: BookShots (A Jon Roscoe Thriller)
Kidnapped: BookShots (A Jon Roscoe Thriller)
by James Patterson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story., 3 Dec. 2016
I sort of feel a bit cheated by this book as I had bought the other books in the Kidnapped series and this is just a repeat of the the other Kidnapped bookshots put together, so basically I had bought them twice. I enjoyed the story however but it kind of left me in limbo as to what happens eventually. I am an avid reader of James Patterson and have read most of his books over the years so a bit disappointed with this one.

In the Name of the Father
In the Name of the Father
by Adam Croft

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book., 28 Nov. 2016
I just couldn't put this book down, I was reading until 2.00a.m. to finish it, and that is so rare for me to find a book that grips me so much. I am so looking forward to the next book in this series. The author has a definite winner here.

Late Checkout (DCI Kenny Murrain Book 1)
Late Checkout (DCI Kenny Murrain Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting unputtdownable read., 7 Aug. 2016
This book was recommended to me and I am so glad I read it. In fact, I found it hard to put down. One of the best detective stories I have read for a long time. I won't go into what the book is about as other reviewers have done that, suffice to say I will be buying subsequent books by this author.

Summer Flings and Dancing Dreams: A hilariously funny, uplifting romantic comedy

5.0 out of 5 stars A very funny book, don't miss it., 6 July 2016
I absolutely loved this book, so much so that I have just bought four more of this authors books. I loved the characters and sort of feel bereft now I have finished the book. I havn't been dancing for years but it has definitely made me want to go again, if I can just persaude my husband! I would love to hear more about Laura (Lola) and her dancing drreams.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5