Profile for Enquirer > Reviews

L'Oreal Men Expert Shave Anti-Revolution - 150 ml
Offered by afrocosmetics4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but excellent, 22 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this because i really need something to accompany my electric shave - which is why for many years I used the Phillips Cool-Shave system. Since then I have tried a number of options to get a close shave without burn, but this may be the answer! iI cannot speak for its performance with a safety razor since I no longer use one, but it works well with an electric one. I rub some all over my stubble just before I shave, but you could do a 'rub' straight after you have finished as well if you wish. However, this would make L'Oreal sad - because they will want to sell you a moisturiser from the same suite of products! I suppose it still means that you double the usage of this product and therefore stop them starving to death.

I will have to use it for a while to be able to comment on the ant-irritation claims, but the presence of an anti-bacterial is sensible.The smell is mild and lemony. I am in 2 minds whether to use aftershave or not. It's possible because the smell seems to die away quite fast. However, some may smell 2 competing smells.

Hamilton Beach Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, 4.75 Litre
Hamilton Beach Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, 4.75 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed, 22 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product is made to a high standard. Of course, it is an 'add-on' - unless rice is the core of your diet - and then it becomes a 'must-have'! i have seen these in may middle class Indian homes in India, for instance. The Cooker eliminates both steam and cooking odours which can be a major plus, as well as the very consistent results. Rice is done to a T, but you do get different performance from different types of rice. Basmati was excellent first time.

The components and interior are very easy to clean. Capacity is generous, but small amounts of rice or vegetables can be steamed as well. There is an up to 15 hour timer delay, which is great for leaving when you go off to work. Funnily enough though, it takes LONGEr to do quick rice than it would just followng the instructions on the packet. It's not tiny, so takes up a lot of surface or cupboard space in a small kitchen. however, I would not mark it down for this - just get a bigger kitchen!

ByJoy 925 Emerald Cut Peridot Sterling Silver Pendant on a Box Chain on 45 cm
ByJoy 925 Emerald Cut Peridot Sterling Silver Pendant on a Box Chain on 45 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant item, 22 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This item is a bit smaller than I imagined, but it is also more delicate and better made, so it balances out! The emerald cut is done well, and not too chunky. Would make a good gift for a young person who suits silver jewellry. Well made, but not particularly well-boxed.

Kaffe Fassett Hydrate Body Lotion 295 ml
Kaffe Fassett Hydrate Body Lotion 295 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars The lotion itself is good, with a thick creamy consistency which once absorbed ..., 11 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Packaging is distinctive but colours are a bit garish. Maybe it not sophisticated enough for some. The lotion itself is good, with a thick creamy consistency which once absorbed leaves skin feeling soft and smooth, as promised. A little goes a long way.

The fragrance is confused - because it is a mix of four strong scents - bergamot, orange blossom, musk and oleander it is rather overpowering for a body lotion and doesn't have a clear scent note. It is useful after a bath before bed, but not before going out or wearing perfume. 6 out of 10

Nivea Skin Treats 3-Piece With 10 Inch Tablet Case Gift Set
Nivea Skin Treats 3-Piece With 10 Inch Tablet Case Gift Set
Offered by Moosy

4.0 out of 5 stars A good deal and quality product, pity about the case, 11 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The set has a free tablet case. It is a nice idea, but it is not well made. The stitching pulled and once the cardboard stiffener is removed it’s quite flimsy. However, the itemising of contents on external packaging is clear and you know what you are getting.
The set includes 3 items, which can be bought separately or as packaged here. It would have been nice for them to have had a linked fragrance/theme. As it is, the only connection is they are all Nivea products - one is for dry skin, one for dry and sensitive, and one is not for a specified skin type.

I’m not sure of the value of using shower gel - and then using in-shower body moisturiser as well - both of which have to be rinsed off. Isn't that like showering twice; (and paying twice! ) The water lily scent of the shower gel is pleasant. The items in the set are full-size as stated, so you feel it is good value in terms of amounts, unlike some sets where sizes are smaller. Body moisturiser is non sticky and leaves skin feeling smooth. Day cream only needs a small amount. It has good coverage and skin feels softer and moisturised after use.

Those Above: The Empty Throne Book 1
Those Above: The Empty Throne Book 1
by Daniel Polansky

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it - with reservations, 21 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Polansky is a new author to me, and one to watch. However, I am not yet convinced there is enough 'fuel in the tank' to deliver a meaningful series.In fact, I almost took a star off, since he is NOWHERE near the authors his publishers wish him to be compared with. The writer he most reminds me of is Guy gavriel Kay, which is no bad thing - although kay is also a patchy author who controls character with difficulty, whilst being hard to fault on atmosphere and description.

'Those Above' are definitely interesting - aliens with an affinity to birds, but not actually bird-like. I was irritated though, that one is called 'The Shrike'. Doesn't Polansky realise that there is an entire series by Dan Simmons about a similar entity? 'Those below' are in essence Byzantines who have discovered tobacco, a bit bizarre! Again, there is quite a lot of Gavriel Kay and Stephen lawrence in here - particularly the more derivative and boring bits.

There are 4 key 'characters' whose perspective we are shown. all are human - another missed opportunity for depth. Three I found tedious, one - Eudokia, the de facto Empress, I found excellent. Polansky will have to learn that describing characteristics of people is not the same as giving them character! In fact the whole book is just an extremely lengthy exercise in scene setting for what is clearly intended to be at least a trilogy.

Shovel Ready (Spademan 1)
Shovel Ready (Spademan 1)
by Adam Sternbergh

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit rich for my stomach, 21 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Adam Sternbergh can write books which go at a great pace. He casually introduces interesting ideas and fresh concepts. however, you have to have a cast iron stomach to handle the actual plot! I thought that I could handle it but the unremittingly bleak view of mankind turned me off about half way. I also found it annoying that while there is nothing lazy about his prose, Sternbergh's targets are very lazily acquired - the most evil tele-evangelist you will ever come across in your life, dissipated rich guys who obviously deserve to die horribly, the 'Man' in all his manifestations. This gives the book a rather early seventies feel to it, rather than the cutting edge vibe he is clearly reaching for.

His anti-hero is a laid-off garbage collector in New york city. He seems designed for a movie tie in, with entirely plastic emotions and motivations. Boring. But the action cannot be described as anything but a hurtling car about to crash. This novel is full of these tensions between cliche and freshness, ennui and excitement, blandness and insight. I won't be reading the next installment myself, but suspect plenty will.

Your Country [Us Import]
Your Country [Us Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgivably overlooked gem, 12 Aug. 2015
I loved Graham Parker's voice when he first started out - and his energy. i bought several more recent of his offerings after seeing him live earlier this year. to my relief his voice was still strong, as was his energy. As long as I kept my eyes half closed I could forget how much both he and I have aged! The songs on this CD however does not need ears half closed to stand up. They are really GREAT! Several sound like well-loved Country standards, but are actually Parker compositions. Several SHOULD be Country standards, and may yet become such.

If you like raw voices, raw passion and raw emotional content, buy this album. If you like current adonyne pap, avoid.

Plastic Soldier 1/72 German Stowage & Tank Commanders # WW2V20021
Plastic Soldier 1/72 German Stowage & Tank Commanders # WW2V20021
Offered by Twisted Pinnacle Games

4.0 out of 5 stars What the better dressed tank is wearing this summer!, 12 Aug. 2015
You get the typical PSC 3 identical sprues here. The proportions of figures to stowage is too high. You will end up with far too many tank commanders and only 9 seated figures for softskins. However, I was able to load 7 Stugs with extra stowage and could probably have managed several more tanks too, so the stowage alone is still worth the price. In my mind I see it as £1 per tank to detail 10 tanks, with the remainder off my spend going on the dozen figures you will probably use. In my case that made them a very acceptable 40p each. If you could do 'swopsies' with the couple of dozen unwanted tank commanders......?

The sculpting style is exactly the same as you know and love, or already hate. It is smooth, lacking in definition, but works well when actually painted! There is a useful (downloadable) picture of each item on a sprue on the PSC web site.

Panasonic ALL1 Network Audio Connector
Panasonic ALL1 Network Audio Connector
Offered by H2A3 Trading LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Be clear what you are using this for and why, 12 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had initial problems setting this system up. it transpired that my existing set-up could already do much of what I was seeking, so this project just acted as a stimulus to get sorted! Do not let that put you off purchasing this piece of kit.The connector is run from a smartphone or tablet, so do not expect a remote control. Also, in keeping with other recent technology you will need to download the App. Fortunately this can be got from Google Play as well as iPlayer. (My company requires us to avoid all Apple products, which I do myself anyway, since I resent it's intrusive software.)

Finally, I have 2 wireless broadband networks at home (due to it being an old building with very thick walls). I suppose that I could configure the connector to work with either, but that seemed a bit of a hassle. I took the easy route and went for the one that my Audio system is already on, so cannot vouch for the products' cross-network capabilities.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20