Profile for Wilkie > Reviews

Content by Wilkie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 897

Wilkie "Kit" (Derbyshire, England)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
16" (40cm) Cool Breeze Air Blow Fan With Round Base - Portable 16 inch Pedestal Static & Wide Angle Oscillating Cooling Electric Fan Speed Adjustable Tilt Floor Standing With Height Adjustable & Round Base
Offered by eShop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fan for a good price, works well and helps me to my keep cool;, 30 Jun. 2016
Fiddly to put together for a man with bad fingers, but I managed it, and it works well. If anything it works just a little bit too well for our more temperate English climate, but it does work, and shifts a lot of air, even on low speed, and it is comparably quiet... it would of course be even more quiet if we could slow the fan down. The heavy metal base gives it great stability, something that was missing on the older fan this one replaced.
All in all, a good fan, shifts a lot of air and does it quieter than most others I know. Plus it wont fall over easily! Full marks to Knight

Amazing Cookware 20cm Terracotta Round Dish - 'Reactive Blue'
Amazing Cookware 20cm Terracotta Round Dish - 'Reactive Blue'

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it. Very med!, 27 Jun. 2016
Excellent bowl for my needs, I use it as a slop bowl for Chinese and Japanese teas. But it would serve as a good looking bowl for Moroccan food or any Mediterranean foods really. I'm not sure if it is good for ovenwork. but it will take a reasonable heat, and the ad claims it is. Since I haved never used it for heat I cannot personally verify this. I love it, it brings the med into my home

Amazing Cookware 17cm Terracotta Valenciana Bowl - 'Reactive Blue'
Amazing Cookware 17cm Terracotta Valenciana Bowl - 'Reactive Blue'

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice large bowl, good quality, 27 Jun. 2016
Nice looking and practical. Looks and feels solid and very Med. Good for a Mediterranean salad bowl, or tapas.

At His Best: Love Letters In The Sand
At His Best: Love Letters In The Sand
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A great record , with great tracks to enjoy and a few to laugh at and some to bring back memories, 27 Jun. 2016
I'm old enough to remember the days of National Service, and to hear some of these tracks booming out of a juke box in Cyprus. I wasn't old enough to serve in the forces, I was a service brat, - my father was a sergeant in the RAF, but these records have had a lasting effect on me.
So i was very pleased to buy this record. What I wasn't expecting was the extremely good quality, and that's a real joy.

Pat Boone had a fine voice, sing in a vocal register which few other artist could reach, so that voice is very memorable. I imagine this song being a comfort to many a Soldier/Airman/Sailor overseas upon receiving that dreaded letter -: the 'Dear John!'. Later I knew the same grief and it hurts. I can also imagine the girls left behind playing the same records. I hope it brought comfort.

To anyone who wants it, this record brings a quality that transcends the 45 played on a 1955+ record autoplayer with a sapphire needle! It's just nice to listen to. Hear how he really sounded and enjoy.

NRS Healthcare Plastazote Tubing for Easy Grip Handles - 6mm (¼")
NRS Healthcare Plastazote Tubing for Easy Grip Handles - 6mm (¼")
Offered by Complete Care Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful item to help someone grip onto tools and cutlery etc. Recommended, 27 Jun. 2016
Easy to cut with a sharp knife or a good pair of scissors, it pushes over the ends of knives, forks and spoons making them easier for me to use.
The uses of this product are really only limited to ones imagination. Maybe I would have liked it to be a little less thick, as my original idea was to fit it over a pair of toe nail cutter handles, but it really a bit too large to do this unless one has very large hands. However we keep calm and carry on. Since I am disabled I cannot bend down to deal with toes, so its either a chiropodist or my wife who does the trimming. Plastazote makes it far easier for her to grip the handles, not chop me!! Frankly it does what it says on the box and I'm happy with that.

The Helping Hand Company New Handi-Grip Pro Reacher (32")
The Helping Hand Company New Handi-Grip Pro Reacher (32")
Offered by Mobility Choices

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, light weight gripper good for most occasions, a real help in the house, 27 Jun. 2016
Do I like these handi grips? Most definitely! I now have about seven or eight of them in my house (one for each room). I've tried others and these are by far the best. Are they perfect? Probably not, but they are pretty darned close. The one thing they have difficulty with is remote controls, those one with a rounded or bevelled back. The same applies to telephones and cellphones there is just nowhere to grip them. But you can manoeuvre them with the gripper into a position where you can reach them or turn them over so that you can grip them. None of the others I've tried come any where near.
Made of Aluminium tube with a steel cable and composite handle and with yellow grips in the jaws, they are quite strong. I have been able to pick up a pint glass full of water, boxes and bags, open and close windows as well as recover dropped tools and clothing. Basically if it fits in the jaw it can usually be picked up. However don't sit, step or lie on them, they're not built quite that ruggedly!

The Cat
The Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars One Cool Cat, 26 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Cat (Audio CD)
There's no one like him that I know of, Any suggestions will be welcome.
I first got to know of the 'Cat' in the sixties, and loved him ever since. I even used his music for my signature tune on
the camp radio. Just so cool music... This is a great record. It makes me want to purr!

Dynamic Duo
Dynamic Duo

5.0 out of 5 stars Darned good jazz., 26 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Dynamic Duo (Audio CD)
I enjoyed this record all the way through. The balance, for me was just about right though I would have enjoyed it more if the screaming and wailing trumpeters went somewhere else. Why is it that jazz trumpeters always seem to want to wail in the highest key possible. Miles Davis didn't do that, nor did Chet bake. However I digress - Jimmy Smith swung as he does, and Wes Montgomery swung in the laid back way he nearly always did and the magic was always there. It's one of the sad stories that he died way too early. My opinions entirely,but I love this record.

Playin' Favorites
Playin' Favorites
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A great player, 5 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Playin' Favorites (Audio CD)
A great record, I don't know why I never heard of him before.

Equations Of Meaning
Equations Of Meaning

5.0 out of 5 stars Good recorfd, 5 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Equations Of Meaning (Audio CD)
Good record, need to play it a few more times though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20