Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Profile for SQueeZe > Reviews

Content by SQueeZe

SQueeZe "SQueeZe" (UK)

Philips Sonicare HX9172/10 FlexCare Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
Offered by Prestwich Trading Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars 3 handles in 2 years!, 5 Jan. 2017
This product is excellent when it works but has a fundamental design flaw - it isn't waterproof! We have now had 3 handles in 2 years and the third has just stopped working again. Upon removing the base I find that it is dripping with water inside.

So, as a replacement I have bought the cheaper HX6511 which, at <£40 I can afford to replace every couple of years without too much ill-will.

Cat Mate C50 Automatic Pet Feeder
Cat Mate C50 Automatic Pet Feeder

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 31 Oct. 2015
Length:: 0:17 Mins

Poorly made product. Upon testing fresh from the box the Day 1 red tab would trigger two movements of the lid, the second did nothing and the third and fourth worked correctly. I contacted Pet-Mate customer service but couldn't get through on the phone so I sent them a message. After three days there was no reply so I arranged for a replacement from Amazon who dealt with it with their usual excellent efficiency. The second has just arrived and has the same problem. So either I'm too stupid to use this or Pet Mate have a problem with their QC.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2016 1:56 PM BST

BRITA Torlan 3-Way Water Filter Tap
BRITA Torlan 3-Way Water Filter Tap
Offered by happy things ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work properly with water softeners!, 8 Mar. 2015
I bought this thinking I could have filtered hard water and both hot and cold soft water. Due to the bizarre configuration of the inlets on the tap THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. This is not written on the box but to, be fair, they did tell me when they called up to organise the installation. However, if you have a water softener do not buy this tap - buy one of the WD3020, WD3030 etc.

Philips MyVision 929000200801 E14 SES 5 Watt Golf Ball Shape LED Bulb
Philips MyVision 929000200801 E14 SES 5 Watt Golf Ball Shape LED Bulb
Offered by Strictly Lamps

2.0 out of 5 stars terrible longevity!, 19 Dec. 2014
Light quality is fine, but like many people have found the longevity is terrible. I feel like I have done better than most at 3 years, but filament bulbs last longer and cost 1/20th the amount!

Intel BOXD34010WYKH Desktop (Intel Core i3 4010U 1.7GHz, HD Graphics, WLAN, Bluetooth 4.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine for the money!, 27 Oct. 2014
Great little machine for the money. As an HTPC I didn't need the more powerful i5 so this fit the bill perfectly. You will need a C5/C6 (cloverleaf) cable as it does not come with one. The title of the product mentions WLAN/Bluetooth 4.0 however mine did not (and the box says that it is an optional purchase). So far it is small, quiet and cool to the touch. If only the new 2014 Mac Mini could have been more like this!

Nest Learning Thermostat
Nest Learning Thermostat

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty straightforward installation and looks great, 4 April 2014
The thermostat arrived today and it took me a couple of hours to install it this evening. A couple of minor hiccups - it wouldn't give me the entry key to pair with with my account (a restart fixed this) and the Heat Link won't pair with the thermostat wirelessly but I am using it wired anyway (i'll get the installer to take a look at this one when he comes to officially put it in.)

Apart from that the only missing feature I can see is that there is no timed-away feature but I guess the iphone app goes some way to replacing that. Would be a nice feature to add.

As other people have said, this won't control your hot water but this doesn't bother me as I have a combi. Not much else to say really!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2014 9:14 AM BST

Touchscreen Programmable Room Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-TS
Touchscreen Programmable Room Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-TS
Offered by Energy Efficient Systems

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, when they say mount it at eye level..., 19 Sept. 2013
Functionally fine (apart from the slightly long-winded way of 'advancing' as mentioned by another reviewer), but when they say in the manual to mount it at eye level they really mean it. I mounted it at just slightly above my eye level (where the old manual one was as I don't have so many options on the position) and I can barely make out the numbers. For my wife, who is of average height, the display appears completely blank. Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the contrast.

Now I have to find somewhere else to mount it (unlikely as the plaster for the hallway is drying as I write this) or fashion some sort of shim so that it tilts down.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 9:05 AM GMT

Bosch Quigo Self-Levelling Cross-Line Laser Level
Bosch Quigo Self-Levelling Cross-Line Laser Level
Offered by RAI Technical Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars doesn't do ceilings, 20 Aug. 2013
A really useful product for horizontal and vertical lines.

However, the most annoying thing is you cant project the lines on the ceiling! That makes it useless for putting up plasterboard. It wouldn't be hard to implement - just offer a lock-out for the self levelling system!

As long as you are fine with that, it's a great product.

Yale High Security Anchor Lock Extreme Conditions Wall
Yale High Security Anchor Lock Extreme Conditions Wall

4.0 out of 5 stars crappy bolts, 27 Jun. 2012
This is a decent and heavy lock when in use but trying to get the bolts into brick work was an absolute nightmare. The instructions are non-existent so most of it is guess work.

It comes with some expanding bolts, about 8cm long requiring an 8mm drill bit, and some wood screws of similar length. I was attaching to brick so started with the expanding bolts. However, once the expanding part of the bolt was in, I couldn't get it to grip in order to expand. Maybe I was doing something stupid?

Anyway in the end I shoved some wood in the hole and used the wood screws. These forced the wood to expand and fill the hole and now it is rock solid. Just like the old days before plastic rawlplugs!

Philips 6911231PH Battery Operated Portable Motion Sensor LED Night Light for Kids
Offered by Jamesco UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comes on during the day??, 29 Nov. 2011
Great product except for a couple of things that weren't clear to me before I bought it.
1. It doesn't plug directly into the socket like many do, but has a 50cm or so flex and a plug out the back. No biggie, but it would have been neater (but less versatile) if it plugged directly in.
2. It comes on during the day! This seems very strange to me. Why would you want it on during the day? I thought all of these things had an ambient light sensor so that it only came on when needed.
Other than that the build quality is fine and the motion sensor is reasonable.