Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit
Profile for JohnMD > Reviews

Content by JohnMD

JohnMD

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Roller Coaster Master Ride
Roller Coaster Master Ride

1.0 out of 5 stars nothing, 27 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Roller Coaster Master Ride (App)
Didn't work on my kindle.

Moyu Aolong V2 3x3 Speed Cube Enhanced Edition Magic Cube Black
Moyu Aolong V2 3x3 Speed Cube Enhanced Edition Magic Cube Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool cube, 5 Oct. 2016
Nice fast acting cube .My grandson timed me at less than 2 minutes ,much quicker than my previous best of nearly 3 minutes

CTRL Illusion
CTRL Illusion
by Mr Sid Visaed

4.0 out of 5 stars What's real ?, 5 Oct. 2016
This review is from: CTRL Illusion (Paperback)
I discovered this book on Facebook and purchased it from Amazon after reading the outline .I was interested in the idea of Artifical Intelligence .I enjoyed the book and like all good sci fi I was surprised by the ending .It is difficult to review without giving the plot away which would spoil ,enough to say that the ideas come together nicely by the end .Reality is uncertain since virtual reality is being used all the time .
If you like cyberpunk or science fiction I think you will enjoy this book .

Childhood's End Season 1
Childhood's End Season 1
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 Sept. 2016
Ho hum . Mostly rubbish

SanDisk Clip Sport 8 GB MP3 Player - Yellow
SanDisk Clip Sport 8 GB MP3 Player - Yellow

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but forget Audible use, 20 April 2016
A very nice player with good sound but with some problems . When I first played an audio book this player decided to play track one of cd one followed by track one of cd two and so on . How pointlessly stupid is this? . It also decided to play tracks on a music cd in order 1 ,13 14 etc , weird and rather useless .( However I understand a firmware download can correct this) . Finally I bought this to replaced my old sandisk clip which is not recharging so well any more . The idea was to listen to my audible downloads , however the audible manager failed to connect . I'm in contact with sandisk and hope to resolve these problems since I really do otherwise like these players and don't want the hassle of a return .I've been unable to solve the audible manager problem since contacting sandisk , Another problem with audible , when I can get files onto the player( no display on audible manager !) is dozens of duplicated files that do not work . Finally I would not recommend this player for Audible .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2016 8:20 AM BST

Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen
Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Einstein?, 14 April 2016
Clearly Jane Hawking had much to put up with .Having to sit through Wagner's ring is no joke .

The Eagle Has Landed
The Eagle Has Landed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great yarn, 30 Dec. 2014
This story shows us another side of WW2 from the veiwpoint of a group of German paras on a special mission . Another main character is an Irishman who would have been considered a terrorist . Somehow you find yourself indentifing with these "enemies ". Highly recommend this story

Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga

4.0 out of 5 stars crushed by candy, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Candy Crush Saga (App)
Highly addictive , but later levels are very difficult to complete without buying extras
I don,t blame the developers for this since it is a good game and somebody has to pay

Hack Attack: How the truth caught up with Rupert Murdoch
Hack Attack: How the truth caught up with Rupert Murdoch

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 26 Sept. 2014
Anybody who reads this and still believes anything that those red top newspapers print is true is just sticking their head in the sand .It looks as if the rot set in with the relaxation of control back in the 80's and I can't see that much has changed since .If anybody goes remotely down a path that these folks don't like then they are going to be destroyed . The news of the world is dead but the Sun on Sunday exists to carry on the "good" work .

Solitaire
Solitaire

5.0 out of 5 stars klondike, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Solitaire (App)
This is exactly what you expect from this traditional solitaire . Seems to work ok and hasn't hung up like many free apps .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5