Profile for Kim Fan > Reviews

Content by Kim Fan

Kim Fan "Kim Fan" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Sons of Fortune
Sons of Fortune
by Jeffrey Archer

1.0 out of 5 stars My own fault, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Sons of Fortune (Paperback)
Unfortunately I ordered this book twice so had already got it!! I shall, however, be including it with another book for a friend at Christmas so all is not lost!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2014 10:14 AM BST

Red Dwarf X [DVD]
Red Dwarf X [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Barrie

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present., 16 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Red Dwarf X [DVD] (DVD)
I have not seen it! It was a Christmas present for someone who loves it. Sorry cannot be more helpful.

Secret Garden 2013, The (Wall Calendar)
Secret Garden 2013, The (Wall Calendar)
by Workman
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pictures!, 16 Feb. 2013
I chose it as I had not been given one this Christmas as usually happens! I chose it because of the beautiful gardens pictured and I have not been disappointed. I may well want to keep the pictures when this year is over, they are truly beautiful and I look forward to seeing the new one each month.

At Last - The Best Of Etta James
At Last - The Best Of Etta James

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last!, 16 Feb. 2013
I bought this mainly for the title song which was once a favourite of mine. However, I have been very pleased with ALL the songs and have played it over & over. It brought back the past but has also become a new enthusiasm! The title says it all.

Just My Typo: From 'sinning with the choir' to 'the large hardon collider'
Just My Typo: From 'sinning with the choir' to 'the large hardon collider'
by Drummond Moir

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny., 10 Jan. 2013
Bought it as part of a Christmas present and have not yet had a chance to read it myself as it has gone round the family with much chuckling! Hope I shall soon get a look at it! I gather it deserves 5 stars anyway!

The Keys of Rome (The Time Trigger Series)
The Keys of Rome (The Time Trigger Series)
by Louise Dale

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adventure books for children, 10 Jan. 2013
Visited the Lincoln Christmas Fair back in December and met Louise Dale on a stall selling her books. Liked the look of them. Louise Dale is a doctor who works with children in schools as part of her campaign to improve literacy. She was most interesting to talk to and very approachable. Sadly, having spent plenty at the event, decided not to purchase one. She said she had one book that had a slightly torn cover and gave it to us! They looked the sort of books I would have loved when young and thought it might be of interest to grandchildren. Although designed to encourage children between 8 and 14 even I found it interesting myself - so much so that I have since purchased all the others in this series of historical adventures from Amazon and the children love them - and SO DO I !!. Cannot recommend them highly enough!

Brooklands Bikes in the Twenties
Brooklands Bikes in the Twenties
by Peter Hartley

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia., 10 Jan. 2013
My father was an owner/rider of motor-cycles when I was young and used to speak of the various places where he had actually raced back in the 1920's when he was a young man so when I saw this book I thought I might find it interesting. I am sure my father would have found it of great interest but he is, sadly, no longer with us, having died in1990. However, I found it interesting and nostalgic.

Stanley I Presume?
Stanley I Presume?
by Stanley Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating! Couldn't put it down! More please, Stanley!, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Stanley I Presume? (Paperback)
I have to confess that I thought this would be a case of Stanley Johnson getting on the bandwagon by taking advantage of his son's reputation and fame. I was wrong! I found this book an eye-opener! I had no idea of the background of Boris, - his father's life was so amazing and adventurous and one realizes why Boris is like he is! What a life! What a family! Interesting, exciting, and eye-opener! I could not put it down and loved it!

The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
by Jeffrey Archer

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait!, 22 Nov. 2012
I already have the first in the series and have been impatiently waiting for the next. When I saw it was out I picked up a copy in the shop and opened it at the first page. Some time later............I realised where I was and hurriedly purchased it and could hardly wait to get home to continue it. I always enjoy this authors books and now await the next in this series.

Robert Fulton, Engineer and Artist: His Life and Works
Robert Fulton, Engineer and Artist: His Life and Works
by Henry W. Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Facsimile of an American engineers life and works in C18th/19th., 22 Oct. 2012
This is a facsimile production, the original having been re-printed from the 1913 edition. I find it a very interesting book about this engineer, inventor, artist etc.
I am very pleased, both with the book and with the delivery from Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8