Profile for Mercs R Us > Reviews

Content by Mercs R Us

Mercs R Us

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (Xbox)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (Xbox)

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro Need For Speed Awesome, 1 Aug. 2012
Well . . . I had Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2 some years ago, until console broke.Then got an old Xbox, then upgraded to an XBox 360. Still with fond memories of this game; I desided to buy this again.Only works on original Xbox, but boy oh boy, I wasn't disappointed at all. All those lovely memories flooded back, when I used to spend day after day stuck in front of the TV thrashing whatever super car you were lucky enough to be granted around sumptuous various world roads. All this and the BEST rock sound tracks in any game ever ! (well my choice anyway). It has its flaws though, as in graphics look a bit fuzzy, and possiably not as crisp as I remember on PS2 ? Handling also a bit vague as to how I recall ? All in all though a good blast and near pefection.

Gioteck EX05 Wired Headset (Xbox 360)
Gioteck EX05 Wired Headset (Xbox 360)
Offered by musicMagpie

4.0 out of 5 stars 1st weeks use review, 1 Aug. 2012
I've been after a set of these EX05's for a while now after reading other peoples comment, such as the superior sound quality and excellent value for money, which I totally agree with. Setting up with my Xbox 360 is straight forward enough as I have an HDMI version, but was surprised that it can not be wired dirrect to my LG LED flat screen TV which is only a few months old. The end result is volume is limited, its ok but not as load as I would have preffered as with my low end Turtle Beach headphones before. Comfort is ok, but head band becomes very annoying after approx an hours play, mayby as I have short hair (flat-top)? After my gripes, in general a highly recommended product. I've still to test on Xbox-Live, but should be good as theres sepperate controls for game and speach volumes. Happy gaming :0)