Profile for Gilly > Reviews

Content by Gilly

Gilly (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Organised Mum 2016 Life Book diary (runs from now to December 2016) week-to-view with extra features to help with organisation

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further!, 24 Sept. 2015
This is the very best diary I have ever bought. It is already helping me to get much more organised with my business and home life. I'm not much of a planner but this is helping me to plan ahead into next year and diarise the steps I need to take in the months, weeks and days leading up to it. Worth every penny.

Down to Your Underwear, Please - Life as a Cornish Osteopath
Down to Your Underwear, Please - Life as a Cornish Osteopath

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlocking the mystique of the overlooked Osteopath..., 23 Jan. 2014
Having worked for years for a Faculty who provide continuing professional development courses for Osteopaths and having seen the incredible difference that Osteopathy has made to my son over the past 17 years (which has kept him in optimum health despite his journey through kidney cancer, heart failure, a stroke, a burst appendix and recently a heart transplant), I can only welcome this wonderful book!

As the preview reviewers say, this is jauntily written and deftly demystifies what Osteopaths actually do. In fact it would be a very tiny book indeed that told of what they couldn't gently alleviate! I'm personally on a mission to shout about how awesome Osteopathy is and now, in the form of this book, I have an excellent tool to help me achieve that.

From Good to Amazing: No Bullshit Tips for The Life You Always Wanted
From Good to Amazing: No Bullshit Tips for The Life You Always Wanted

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your life in order!, 9 Sept. 2013
Amazingly, this book summarizes ALL the other personal development and self-help books on my vast bookshelves. If my husband knew this he'd make me throw all the others away and keep re-reading this one...

129+ Ways To Market Your Business
129+ Ways To Market Your Business

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful marketing resource, 25 Aug. 2013
Great book to have handy when you want to revisit your marketing and look at what else you could be doing to get noticed!

Hercules XPS 5.1 70 Slim Multimedia Speaker System
Hercules XPS 5.1 70 Slim Multimedia Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed!, 17 May 2013
Great sound for our house birthday party - perfect for the job! Straightforward to connect up and operate and has now been stolen by my 18 year old son for his bedroom!

The Emotionally Absent Mother: A Guide to Self Healing and Getting the Love You Missed
by Jasmin Lee Cori

5.0 out of 5 stars Good insights, 17 May 2013
I have struggled with this subject for many years and it has been quite a painful healing journey. However, this book takes you through the difficulties faced as a youngster and draws you towards a better understanding of where your mother might have been herself. This does help to at least feel empathy for the situations she didn't handle so well. The best part about this book is that it nurtures you through the process of coming to terms with what happened and asserts that you can heal yourself gently and move on from being stuck in a judgemental mindset. I'm so glad I bought this book.

The Rules for Online Dating: Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right in Cyberspace
The Rules for Online Dating: Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right in Cyberspace
by Ellen Fein

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies - change the way you operate and be pleasantly surprised..., 30 Jun. 2012
It turned out that my problem was to be too enthusiastic, honest and excitable! In came an email from a chap and I thought it rude not to ping back an immediate and breathless answer because I'm that sort of happy little bunny! Well - this book brought me down to earth and helped me to understand why at least two perfectly good dates didn't go any further. Within minutes I was busy texting saying thank you so much for a lovely evening, blah, blah, blah! During the date I felt a compunction to explain why my ex was to blame for the divorce(!) and to divulge my current difficulties - only fair to explain everything so they knew what they were marrying - oops - dating. My profile was certainly not what these ladies suggest: imagine there's a taxi waiting for you downstairs and you have to write a brief, upbeat and zingy profile before you rush off out! Us girls spend ages creating a masterpiece that will bring in some great and dependable prospect whilst actually scaring off most perfectly nice guys with our intense longing for our 'soulmate'! This was refreshing advice and absolutely spot on. My profile was immediately 'lightened' up and in came some 'old bloke' who lived nearby offering to meet for a coffee. I was 'busy' for a few days and so he had to wait! We met, we got on well and as I left I felt he was keen but, as instructed, I didn't touch my phone! He texted a lot and I made him wait a couple of hours for each reply. Make him wait to see you and make him wait for sex too! If he's just after that then, as these ladies say, 'NEXT'!! He worked really hard to sweep me off my feet, taking me to concerts, restaurants and the cinema! He was actually very young at heart and great fun - thank goodness I didn't judge him by his age or qualifications! Anyway, it was like magic - he fell head over heels in love with me - why? Because men get bored if there's no chase. He had to wait and chase and wait and chase. That was 3 years ago. We got married a year ago (today!) and he STILL asks me nearly every day to marry him - I think this book is the way forward if you want to really get a decent man's attention!! And actually it's also about self-respect...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2013 5:39 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little pill box!, 29 April 2012
My son's previous box was very similar to this one but much less robust. With daily use the lettering rubbed off and the case gradually fell apart. This new one is much better quality (although not leather like one reviewer said!) and it is even better as the days are marked so that there's no problem discerning whether or not the pills have been taken for that day. Highly recommended and excellent value for money.

Iron Gym Original Total Upper Body Workout Bar - Black, Medium
Iron Gym Original Total Upper Body Workout Bar - Black, Medium
Offered by Bargains 4 Ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly brilliant!, 10 Aug. 2010
This is fab for upper body strength. I bought this for my teenage boys and every time they pass the door where it sits, they do a few pull-ups. After 3 weeks their strength has improved and they can do more and more. It's strong, simple, doesn't damage the doorway and does exactly what it says it will.

Love Writing: How to Make Money Writing Romantic or Erotic Fiction (Secrets to Success)
by Sue Moorcroft

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 3 Feb. 2010
Enormously enjoyable to read just as an entertaining book, which is beautifully and humorously written! But more than that it really does explain everything you need to know if you are trying to get published in this field. She has managed to get publishers, agents and more to explain exactly what they want from us. The book is logically and methodically laid out so you can easily refer back to a certain point. Sue Moorcroft gives the benefit of her experience and tips but isn't at all preachy. Definitely a book to keep near to your keyboard!

Page: 1 | 2