Profile for Sarah S > Reviews

Content by Sarah S

Sarah S

Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)
Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)

5.0 out of 5 stars Return to the good old days, 17 Oct. 2013
I have always been a constant reader. I loved his work up until recently but Mr King's more recent offerings left me cold. I didn't finish the last 2. This one however is a return to the Stephen King I loved so much. Loved this book, couldn't put it down. Brilliant.

Watch Over Me (Glen Avich Book 1)
Watch Over Me (Glen Avich Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Average and predictable, 29 Nov. 2012
I must have received the wrong book if all the rave reviews are to be believed. It was OK. If you have low expectations you will not be disappointed.

First and Only
First and Only

5.0 out of 5 stars First and Only but I hope it is not his last, 13 Nov. 2012
This review is from: First and Only (Kindle Edition)
I was impressed by the reviews and even more impressed with the book. It was exciting and intruguing and I was hugely disappointed when it came to the end. Psimon was such a fascinating character I really hope it is not the last we see of him. The book was very current yet still remained individual and engaging. Superb Mr Flannery....please can we have some more.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The most simple yet brilliant gadget I have ever owned, 28 May 2011
There are so many wonderful things to say about a kindle 3G. I am blown away by it. My husband purchased one for my Christmas present and I was sceptical at first; always considering myself an avid reader of 'proper' books. I could not have been more wrong. It is amazing in sunlight, so easy to hold and the display is so realistic. I have recommended this to everyone I know and I am delighted to say, my sceptical friends have purchased their own and are as equally delighted as I am. The days of hunting through your pages to find where you have reached in a paperback are long gone. A triumph of simple, timeless, user friendly brilliance.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Series Book 3)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Series Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars The Emperor's new clothes -the sequel?, 17 Mar. 2011
I had heard great things about the trilogy and after limping though the first, stuggling through the second I admit to giving up on the third. I thought the characterisation was good but the books lacked something more substantial than the hype that surrounds them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2011 2:48 PM BST

Endurance - A Novel of Terror (The Konrath/Kilborn Collective)
Endurance - A Novel of Terror (The Konrath/Kilborn Collective)

4.0 out of 5 stars good but not his best, 17 Mar. 2011
I enjoyed the book but I personally preferred the uncut version of Trapped. I will definitely read the author's other books.

Full Dark, No Stars
Full Dark, No Stars
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars King is back at his best, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Full Dark, No Stars (Hardcover)
I am honoured to say I have experienced every one of Stephen King's books. I have some favourites along the way (notably the Stand) but have felt that some of his very recent books (in particular Under The Dome) were a little disappointing. However, I was glued to this collection of short stories from start to finish. They are harsh and uncomfortable at times which is exactly why I love Stephen King's work so much. To me it felt like a return to the macabre nature of his earlier stories with the more refined characterisation of his later books. Mesmerising- the Master at work.

Horror Stories
Horror Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Twisted but I loved it, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Horror Stories (Kindle Edition)
The first book I read by this author and although there are some misguided cultural references to England in the second story, I still really enjoyed the book as a whole. There were on occasion stories that actually horrifed me which was fantastic (including in particular Finicky Eater). I must admit to being a huge horror fan and someone who is rarely surpised or shocked by anything fictional I read... however this book changed that. There were some stories which are truly horrible (in the right way). I will leave you to discover those for yourself other than to say that as a Vampire story fan, Trailer Sucks really turned my stomach....

Trapped - A Novel of Terror (The Konrath/Kilborn Collective)
Trapped - A Novel of Terror (The Konrath/Kilborn Collective)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Horror, 14 Mar. 2011
I intially read the uncut kindle version which I really enjoyed. As Mr K states, it has a few typos and it has not been edited into the polished account one would normally be used to however, that for me added to its raw appeal. It is twisted and gruesome and I really couldn't put it down. I have read several of Kilborn/Konrath's books and must admit to having enjoyed them all so far. A great read for those of us who enjoy feeling 'uncomfortable'.