Profile for MsNorthman > Reviews

Content by MsNorthman

MsNorthman

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Blood Leverage (Bloodstone Chronicles Book 1)
Blood Leverage (Bloodstone Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a read, 17 Jun. 2017
Really enjoyed this book. The ideas and world building are incredibly interesting especially when set against our current political climate. The writing is wonderful, each word carefully considered and each character strongly developed.

I realise how much I enjoyed this book when I catch myself pondering the ethical questions raised within it and musing on what my response would have been.

I highly recommend this book - even though you will have to be happy with just the one. I'm sure you won't regret it.

I knew, starting out, that the second book has not yet been published and I still chose to read Blood Leverage - what I will say is any publisher would be lucky to get their hands on book 2 as the set up is enthralling.

Meanwhile, I'm off to try and stalk J S Hazzard online to see if book 2 is any nearer to publication.

GoNutrition 1 kg Smooth Almond Butter
GoNutrition 1 kg Smooth Almond Butter

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 9 Jun. 2017
I am an almond butter fiend. Which is why I cannot get over the fact that I simply don't like this brand.

Normally I go for the Meridian Almond butter, but for some reason I couldn't get it this time - So I tried this brand.

The colour is a much paler toffee rather than the cappuccino colour I expected. The texture, for me, is cloying and I'm not in love with how it goes with apples (my staple snack.)

I really wanted to like this as the price is good and it was delivered quickly and packaged well. Sadly i'm struggling to eat it and it may become the occasional treat for the dog.

Psyllium Husk Powder 100% Pure and Natural Fibre, 500 g
Psyllium Husk Powder 100% Pure and Natural Fibre, 500 g

2.0 out of 5 stars TURNS YOUR BAKING PURPLE, 9 Jun. 2017
Not sure how I missed all the, 'it turns your baking purple reviews' - but I did and it does.

As I bought it for low carb bread, the unappetising colour is a big deal for me. The taste wasn't bad - I just found that the recipe I used did not turn out as well as expected and that the final outcome was rather 'spongy.'

I may try it again in low carb brownies as the cocoa should hide the colour.

White Hot: A Hidden Legacy Novel
White Hot: A Hidden Legacy Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, 30 May 2017
Expertly plotted and deftly written this book is well worth the excruciating wait.

This story is full of intrigue, humour and sass and a sizzling hot romance to boot. If you were in any doubt about purchasing this book, I would urge you not to hesitate. The Hidden Legacy Novels are both in my favourite to 're-read' category which is not a long list. They also improve on the second read as the attention to detail and the odd quip might have been missed in the first place. Ilona Andrews team are on top form with this offering.

This is one book you do not want to judge by it's cover.

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses)
A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 May 2017
I've laughed, loved and cried real tears whilst enjoying every last word of this book. Maas knows how to draw you in and with the framework built in earlier books we are delivered an incredible emotional and tense pay off. I am so pleased that this series will continue as there is so much more to be discovered. I heartily recommend this book to anyone.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer 118 ml
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer 118 ml
Offered by EP SALES

5.0 out of 5 stars Light but hard working moisturiser., 22 April 2017
Light moisturiser, long lasting (i.e. all day) & great under make-up - Really useful.

I've also found that I don't have to use much to cover my face / neck and that this small bottle has lasted 4 months being used most mornings - so great value. If I was to 'liken' it to a dermalogica product it would be Active Moist. Pleased with my purchase.

Try it - I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Apraise Professional Eyelash and Eyebrow Tint Salon Starter Kit
Apraise Professional Eyelash and Eyebrow Tint Salon Starter Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service and the product can be used by amateurs, 22 April 2017
Have had great success when it comes to eyebrows - as a 'first timer' I managed to create a really natural colour and the process was beyond easy... Very happy.

I'm struggling a bit with the eyelashes - I've found the Blue Black to be more 'Blue' so my next attempt will be using either both the Blue Black & Black mixed together or simply just the black. To be fair, my lashes have certainly become darker - but when they are as blonde as mine that is to be expected. I think I recall beauty therapists combining the two colours - so that's my next step.

I think this is a very good product for the money and easy enough for amateurs such as me to use. NB I probably had a good understanding of what to do due to the countless 'treatments' I've had over the years - However, when I consider how much I was spending, I feel rather stupid. (Now I just need to learn how to thread my eyebrows myself and I will be entirely self sufficient on the grooming processes)

At first I received the wrong item, the same product - just a smaller selection and without the stain remover etc. This was quickly rectified by the seller after a quick email. Pleased with customer service.

Blue Dragon Coconut Cream, 250ml
Blue Dragon Coconut Cream, 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicate flavour, thick consistency, 19 April 2017
Thick and creamy - excellent for whipping / ice cream making

Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt
Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat litter for the discerning kitty, 19 April 2017
Best cat litter out there - I just wish they did bigger bags!

Country Value Greyhound Complete Dog Food 15kg
Country Value Greyhound Complete Dog Food 15kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for greyhounds, 19 April 2017
4 Greyhounds thriving on this food. We have tried a wide range having had ' noxious bottom fume' issues with some foods and a decline in the quality of their coats with others. This seems to 'hit the spot'

Previously we had to 'add' sardines / ham /treats to encourage them to eat. With this biscuit, they run around trying to procure any random pellet that had fallen on the floor - a huge plus for them and us. The price is also very competitive a huge bonus when you have as many as I do!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12