Profile for David Deane > Reviews

Content by David Deane

David Deane

3 Pairs, Black - fits medium to large ears - "Squish Fit" memory foam earphone cushions by Earphones Plus - see earphone, earbud compatibility details below
Offered by Earphones Plus

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so much..., 23 Dec. 2014
I had the comply tips and thought I would try these... I have quickly learned that one gets what one pays for.

As these do not have the tube in the core, they fall off my headphones all the time. I resorted to using a little glue to hole them on. Rather than form to my ear they seem to expand and push themselves out if my ear. Could be that the tips I have are too big but I went with medium as I have before with the comply tips which fit just fine.

The two stars are because when I get these just right, the bass and isolation is spot on but unfortunately just right is all too rare and any slight movement is a problem.

Sony SBH20 Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Headset - (Black)
Sony SBH20 Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Headset - (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust, 27 Feb. 2014
I have had various versions of these. I have had way more hi-tech models from Sony which all seem to go wrong after a while I think due to moisture (I wear them running & cycling so some rain and sweat). I have had more basic models from Samsung but the clip was broke and the button hard to access without looking. This however is cheap, robust and the buttons are easy to access. Also the metal clip works well. I have had no complaints about call quality either.

Leifheit Parat Wall-Mounted Foil, Cling Film and Kitchen Roll Holder Dispenser - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Feb. 2014
It works!

Had a similiar item from Argos that claimed to do the same but neither of the cutters ever really worked. This however is spot on and works without snagging or ripping.

Only minor fault is it looks a bit too practical. Still would recommend it though.

Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black
Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Sound, 29 Dec. 2012
These have amazing sound for such a small and cheap unit. I have to admit that I no longer use these for my computer as originally purchased however they are used in the garden in the (two weeks of English) summer to listen to my tunes.

Highly recommended.

Wahl 9854-802 Lithium Ion Grooming Station - Black
Wahl 9854-802 Lithium Ion Grooming Station - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 Dec. 2012
Hardly requires charging. I use mine at least twice a week and charge it once a month. I do my whole head and designer stubble!

Great range of guides and heads.

Only minor gripe is there is no charging/battery indicator so there is no way of telling when to take it off charge. Not a major problem as I let mine run down to empty as one minute's charge offers twenty minutes usage.

Will definitely purchase another if/when the battery goes.

Small Device Tool Kit - Screw Driver, Faceplate Pry Bars, Suction Cup & MORE!
Small Device Tool Kit - Screw Driver, Faceplate Pry Bars, Suction Cup & MORE!
Offered by Fly Service

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Dec. 2012
Invaluable in helping me replace my broken Samsung S3 screen. If you are going to attempt this job, ensure you have this tool kit!

Many thanks

Samsung Galaxy S3 III GT-i9300 ~ Pebble Blue Front Glass (LCD Display and Touch Screen not included)
Offered by Sintech UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well., 29 Dec. 2012
The screen is great. Very similar colour to the original and comes well packaged.

It is a bit of a laborious task to get the old (broken) screen out with a hairdryer/heat gun and then to make sure the digitiser is clean enough to put the new screen back (any dirt will show up once the new screen is in). It took me a good two hours all in all however, it has save me £160 that was the best price I was offered to fix the phone.

Screen works now however it does freeze now and again which believe is down to the fact the clear adhesive the sticks the screen to the digitiser is no longer there (it comes off with the old screen.

Comply Tx-100 Isolation PLUS Earphone Tips With Wax Guard Medium Black 3 pairs
Comply Tx-100 Isolation PLUS Earphone Tips With Wax Guard Medium Black 3 pairs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Dec. 2012
The rubber tips that come with most headphones do not stay in my ears and therefore these are a god-send. Once they have expanded in your ear cavity, they are not going anywhere. They also keep out background noise and so result in requiring lower volume and lastly, bass is as pure as you like.

Highly recommended for anyone using in-ear headphones.