Profile for C. Bovey > Reviews

C. Bovey

Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller
Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and badly made, 11 Mar. 2017
I'm on my third controller since I originally bought it at the end of 2016 and it has broken again, becoming loose, because they use a very cheap bit of plastic for the top trigger button.

Vikings Season 1
Vikings Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant., 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Vikings Season 1 (Amazon Video)
This is one of the greatest shows released in recent times. If you loved Game of Thrones then you'll love this.

Great acting, brilliant storyline, beautifully filmed. Apparently, some people didn't like this as it's not entirely historically accurate, pfft, so what, it's entertaining and many of the events covered in this series are a matter of historical record. I cannot rate this highly enough and I would give it twice as many stars if I could.

How Statin Drugs Really Lower Cholesterol: And Kill You One Cell at a Time
How Statin Drugs Really Lower Cholesterol: And Kill You One Cell at a Time
by Hannah Yoseph

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Nov. 2014
Very good read, certainly reinforced my view not to take the statin drugs prescribed to me.

JETech Luxury Case with Aluminium Cover and Protective Silicone Insert for Apple iPhone 5/5S - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice case - poor signal, 2 Dec. 2013
I like this case, but I've already thrown it away, I couldn't even give it away, since the product is rubbish in that it reduces the signal of the phone.

I had one bar and no wifi connection in the upstairs of my house (the router is downstairs) - normally it works fine, but I was getting almost no signal from EE and no wifi, I took the case off and it went up to 3 bars and the wifi connection came back.

Beating Harps
Beating Harps

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely stuff, 8 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Beating Harps (Audio CD)
I saw these two play in Dartington Hall over 20 years ago when I was a teenager; I didn't know what to expect and was totally blown away by their music. I bought this CD in tape form, I even got them to sign it and still have it. The tape got lost many years ago, until that is recently, alas the tape was ruined, but at least I was able to look up the album on Amazon again and buy it in CD form.

It sounded as good as I remembered. Ranging from lively Scotish folk music to full on Celtic gloom and doom. I love it all! If you like folkly Celticy stuff, you'll love this!

The Gropes
The Gropes
by Tom Sharpe

3.0 out of 5 stars It's still Tom Sharpe, 8 Jun. 2010
This review is from: The Gropes (Paperback)
I agree this book is not like the Tom Sharpe of old. It's over in a couple of hours, not a particularly good plot and nowhere near as funny as his previous stuff. I still had to finish it and there are some very funny pages, after all it is Tom Sharpe. You kept on expecting it to get better, but it didn't, it just finished.

Gordon is a Moron: The Definitive and Objective Analysis of Gordon Brown's Decade as Chancellor of the Exchequer
by Vernon Coleman

5.0 out of 5 stars Gordon is an even bigger moron than you could possibly imagine, 12 Mar. 2010
If you think Gordon Brown is a bad man, you are right, however, I'm afraid he's a thousand times worse than you could have ever possibly imagined and more so.

I've known for a long time this Labour government is truly awful and that Gordon Brown is a terrible Prime Minister and was a dreadful Chancellor, but even I didn't quite realise how much damage this man has done to Britain before I read this book.

This book makes uncomfortable reading, as the penny drops how much damage Gordon Brown has done to this country, which I hate to say, I don't think can ever be reversed. That said, it is heartening to know there is such a well researched book available that exposes this arrogant and dangerous man for the contemptible lying crook he is. Buy it now, before Brown has them all burned and you sent off to the Gulag for thought crime. I'm not joking.

Traffik [DVD] [1989]
Traffik [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Bill Paterson

5.0 out of 5 stars stands the test of time, 26 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Traffik [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
I remember watching this when it was made and thinking it was brilliant at the time. Watching it for the second time 20 years later, I still think this is brilliant and much better than the US film that was based on this drama.

It should also be watched by all our come today gone tomorrow politicians who think they can win the war on drugs, as the issues raised in this film are as pertinent today as they were back then at the end of the 80s, and unless they change their policies, will be so in another 20 years.