Profile for squeakingclanger > Reviews

The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy
The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy
by Tim Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars Morbidity at its best, 25 May 2004
If you're like me and have a morbid sense of humour then 'The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy' is something you really should have bought already. If not, and you don't share my passion for the wierd and darkly comic then you should still buy it!
Tim Burton is one of my favourite directors and this book shows a side that just concludes the theory of what a creative genius he is. The drawings are delicate and beautifully grusome and the stories/poems are funny and touching. It's just something you really cannot put into words. You have to see it for yourself.
I love this book enormously. It's like a little piece of treasure to me! If you are a fan of 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' then you will love this book and you will be able to see some likenesses between the characters in this book and that film. I love it also because you feel like you're getting a look into the imagination of Tim Burton himself and how the hell he comes up with his ideas!

Twin Peaks - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [1990]
Twin Peaks - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Kyle MacLachlan

5.0 out of 5 stars Diane..., 22 April 2004
I'm 17 and was informed of 'Twin Peaks' by my parents several years ago. I then saw 'Mullholland Drive' which I thought was amazing (even though Ihad to go on the internet after watching it for an explanation!) anddecided that I would have to see 'Twin Peaks' after my parents kepttelling me how brilliant it was. And how right they are... TP isfantastic and, basically, if you haven't seen it SEE IT! And if youhaven't heard of it...well, now you have and I'm telling you that you aremissing out on one big slice of cherry pie!
There are so many linksbetween every character that I can only just about keep up but I am soentranced by it and Kyle MacLachlan (Agent Cooper) is so cool but evenmore bizarre than any of the inhabitants of the little backward town TwinPeaks! All the developments in the plot are inspired and even though mayseem a little far-fetched you never feel like you're drifting intostupidity. It is held together very well, the acting is superb, the rangeof characters and their depth is amazing and the program has it's very ownlook and feeling just like Six Feet Under does.
I reccomend this very,very highly. It is a little piece of genius.
Only one problem though...the second series on DVD is still nowhere to beseen and I am so disappointed because I want to find out what happens! Something to do with the distributors, I think... Anyway, there's apetition for you to sign if you are similarly exasperated at the lack of aseason two DVD: [...]