Profile for Susanne > Reviews

Russian Soup Recipes: Thirty Delicious and Easy Soup Recipes
Russian Soup Recipes: Thirty Delicious and Easy Soup Recipes
by Julia Gousseva

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to make Russian Soups, 29 July 2017
I like to try out different recipes and thought I'd try some Russian soups. Nice simple book , it would be nice to have a photograph or two, but recipes are simple enough to follow without them. I have already made the Chicken, Tomatoes and Celery soup. It was a nice delicate thin summer sort of soup, with plenty of natural subtle flavours. I decided to use my own choice of herb and added Herbes de Provence, skinned large tomatoes and added a few cherry ones halved. I resisted adding extra stock, to keep to the original recipe. I will be making this soup again and trying out others.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Rapesco X5-25ps Stapler, Less Effort, 25 Sheet Capacity - Green
Rapesco X5-25ps Stapler, Less Effort, 25 Sheet Capacity - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Staples shoot through paper effortlessly., 16 July 2017
I love this stapler. I decided to upgrade my tatty old grey stapler and went for vibrant lime green colour. Not only does it look good, it's functional as you would expect, but when pressing down to use it, it just glides and slides through the paper effortlessly. No effort at all to use it. Really pleased I updated my stapler.

Dear Zoo Wooden Puzzle Tray
Dear Zoo Wooden Puzzle Tray
Offered by CannyStore-com

5.0 out of 5 stars Peg Puzzle with a Story, 16 July 2017
This is a fantastic peg puzzle with written phrases from the book 'Dear Zoo'. The children at the Pre-school love it and it's easy for them to act out the story as well. Nicely made.

Ex-Pro® [CR23420] Universal Digital Camera Case / Pouch (Cameras upto 95mm x 65mm x 25mm) - Acer, Agfa, Canon, Casio Exilim, Fuji Finepix, Kodak Easyshare, Nikon Coolpix, Panasonic Lumix, Olympus, Pentax Optio, Samsung Digimax, Sony Cyber-shot, Vivitar and more
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Padded Universal Size Camera Case, 16 July 2017
Quite a sturdy padded camera case with a pocket inside for a spare card, and an optional lanyard. Attached strap at the back of the camera case giving you the option of running a trouser belt through the case to keep it close to you if you are on the move. The zip starts an inch from the bottom of one side and continues to half way on the other side, easy enough to slide your camera in and out of the case. I have lost my original case for my Cannon Ixus and this case fits it perfectly. The blue and white case is better than a black one, easier for me to see if I put it down, helping me not to lose it. Good case for the money, a very good purchase. Quickly delivered from a UK company.

Butterflies In Our Garden metal sign (og 2015)
Butterflies In Our Garden metal sign (og 2015)
Offered by Amstar Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Metal Sign of British Butterflies, 8 July 2017
Really lovely metal sign of British butterflies seen in gardens ( except the Swallowtail). I have bought it for a friend's Birthday, I thought it might be nice for her to attach to the outside of her summer house. It is not large ( 8" x 6") but large enough and beautifully made.

Belledorm 200 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 30cm Depth Fitted Sheet and Housewife Pillowcase Set (Double, Cerise)
Offered by elinens

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable feel Egyptian Cotton Sheet & Pillowcases, 11 Aug. 2016
Lovely feel Egyptian sheet and pillowcases; roomy enough at the corners not to struggle getting them onto the bed corners ( some fitted sheets are not so generous). I washed them before using with a colour catcher sheet in the machine; although I couldn't see any colour bleeding, the colour catcher sheet did show some light bleeding, so I'll wash this bedding separately for a few washes. A good buy and I would buy again.

Magimix 5200XL Food Processor - Red
Magimix 5200XL Food Processor - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Grates/Slices like a Hot Knife through Butter., 13 Dec. 2015
I bought this processor 6 weeks ago and now becoming more familiar with it. I had a Braun processor for 30+ years but the plastic spindle broke, so I couldn't grate anything and I used to make a lots of coleslaw, grating apples for desserts etc. I use my Kenwood professional for making pastry/cakes etc. but after a year or so of not having a processor whilst I deliberated on what brand and model to buy, a friend persuaded me to buy a Magimix ( she's had hers for over 20 years). I decided to buy this model. It has everything I need ( I love the three bowls). It's a nice solid machine with good stainless steel blades ( I shall purchase the extra julienne blades, then I shall have everything).
I've grated carrots, cheese and apples and sliced courgettes and potatoes. I've pureed mango and apples and it's performed magnificently. Now I've moved it to more accessible place in the kitchen - I might give pastry a go. My friend uses hers for absolutely everything. I just found I couldn't lock the unit on the base and lid on properly at first - but that was my fault, I should have read the instructions before, rather than after trying to lock it.
It is expensive, but not for the use and years I hope to be using it for. It is not at all flimsy like some others, so it will last years.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2016 10:10 AM GMT

HP MU06 Long Life Battery for Notebook
HP MU06 Long Life Battery for Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery giving 3 Hours of Charge, 25 Jun. 2015
I bought this battery from Cambridge Accessories. My original battery on my laptop (HP Pavilion g series) has lasted 3 years and usage (unplugged) was down to just 15-20 minutes. I charged the new battery up (switched off) - it took two hours to charge. Each time I've run it right down until it tells me to recharge or plug in at 14%. It is giving me three hours worth of charge, which is what my original battery gave me until it needing renewed. I did hum and aah on which battery to buy, (cheaper models looked tempting) but I decided on an original at £35 and it's been worth it.. Working just as my original did.

Mr. Beams MB980 Wireless Battery-Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion-Sensing LED Ceiling Light, White

5.0 out of 5 stars like some others it took us 2/3 weeks before they ..., 31 Oct. 2014
We've been using 2 of these for over a year now; like some others it took us 2/3 weeks before they settled down (or rather we tried different batteries before settling on long lasting rechargeable batteries). We use them downstairs in the hallway and on top of the landing - a good spread of light. They are really useful as you go up and down stairs not having to switch the lights on and off and I'm sure it's saved a fair bit of money over the dark nights. I've just ordered, received and already using Mr Beams step lights for use in the bathroom (handy if anyone gets up) and one around the corner on the landing itself.
We're very impressed, that's why we've bought more - if there are any blackouts this winter, I'll be buying more!

Songbooks - Pat a cake, make and shake: Make and play your own musical instruments
by Sue Nicholls

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Action Songs For Children, 3 Oct. 2013
This is a collection of action songs - lots using instruments (real or homemade), but you can adapt and use other things. At our Pre-school we use large chiffon scarves to 'Flip Flap Flop', and claves and scrapers to 'Pudding and Pie'. There are songs for celebrations such as Dragon Dancing' and 'Fireworks' and lots of other fun songs such as 'Dinosaur Parade'. Billy Goat's Gruff is the whole story in a song. All songs are followed by an instrumental of the track, so you can sing or dance to your own version.

The tracks are as follows:

Flip Flap Flop
Mrs Washalot's Washing Day
Dragon Dance
All Abroad the Pirate's Ship
Shake Up!

The children love singing and dancing and it's always good to find something new and enjoyable to dance to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4