Profile for booklover > Reviews

Content by booklover

booklover (catalonia)

Page: 1 | 2
GLOSSY BLACK Handmade GREYHOUND SALUKI LURCHER WHIPPET LEATHER DOG PUPPY COLLAR (BLACK with RED lining, 14")

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful. My whippet loved it and I did too, 11 Jun. 2015
Wonderful. My whippet loved it and I did too. No more fears of him escaping. Soft and well-finished. Good product.

Stillman & Birn : Epsilon Sketchbook 7 x 10in Wirebound 150gsm - Natural White Smooth
Offered by Jackson's Art Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Sept. 2013
Absolutely great. Smooth thick paper, very Good quality, Good results with ink and watercolours. I absolutely recommend it, I will buy it again.

Venus in Fur: A Play
Venus in Fur: A Play
by David Ives

4.0 out of 5 stars Good divertimento., 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Venus in Fur: A Play (Paperback)
I like it. Surely it would be much better if enjoyed in a theater, with actors playing it, but I liked the play.

Derwent Canvas Pencil Wrap (30 Pencil Plus Accessory Storage Capacity, Unrolls Flat for Easy Access, Press-Stud for Security)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Sept. 2013
It is really better than I thought. Practical and not heavy, many pencils and other small items can be kept in it. I love it.

Derwent Pencil Extenders Blister Pack for use with 7mm and 8mm Diameter Pencils, Screw Fitting and Soft Touch Coating (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 16 Sept. 2013
It was what I expected. The extenders are useful and good quality, and I am Happy with them. They also seem to be durable.

Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but however, 4 Oct. 2011
Great great book with amazing recipes. However, do not expect to success if you actually do not know how to cook, because the 30' menus are possible only if you LOVE cooking and thus means already having previously cooked chicken or vegs stock in your freezer, and having plenty of species on your shelves. For me, which I really do like cooking and I cook a lot, the book was just perfect, the menus are affordable and really fast and well, a little bit too much food for me, but this is good, as I could feed more people with them. Extra bonus for that, Jamie. The only thing is this recommendation, please, do not buy it if you do not like very much cooking, you will be able to do almost nothing. The other thing great about this book is that I always thought Jamie Olivier was another TV product, the popular chef from TV shows, and so on, but I realized he is really a VERY GOOD chef, and consequently (from his works) he is also a GOOD COMUNICATOR.

Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life
Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 4 Oct. 2011
Amazing cookbook, and I know what I am talking about, being from Barcelona, we have a long long tradition of slow cooking. Indeed, the recipes are great (I begun with the slow-roasted lamb, and I can assure it is delicious) and of course we have to mention the pictures (very beautiful) and the tips. This book means exactly what cooking should be about: to care about of plants and animals, and about trying to be happy by making the ones you love happy by the food. Delightful.

Decline and Fall (Penguin Modern Classics)
Decline and Fall (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Evelyn Waugh
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed so much, 13 July 2011
A big divertimento from Evelyn Waugh, I laughed so much. Indispensable to learn something about the easy and fool years previous the war, and to read something else of Waugh but his biggest play Brideshide revisited.

Half The Perfect World
Half The Perfect World
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad, but fantastic, 13 July 2011
This review is from: Half The Perfect World (Audio CD)
Sad melodies, good versions, a good company for those days having a cup of tea when it is raining heavily outside. Good memories of London. I like it so much, highly recommendable.

Tormented Hope: Nine Hypochondriac Lives
Tormented Hope: Nine Hypochondriac Lives
by Brian Dillon

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but boring, 13 July 2011
I begun this book with enthousiasm, it explains well some of the neurosis of big men and women and it is very funny sometimes. However, it loses strenght along the manuscript. Dispensable.

Page: 1 | 2