Profile for penpusher > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Clix No Bark Collar, Small
Clix No Bark Collar, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Harmless and works!, 22 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Clix No Bark Collar, Small (Misc.)
Perfect for a yappie dog! Our little dog decided randomly after 6 years that he was going to bark like a maniac in the middle of the night from now on and it was driving us completely bonkers. We were really worried the neighbours would start to complain as well. They're a good bunch but he was barking a LOT and for AGES. The electric collars looked terrifying so we opted for this one. We've used the sound option for him - it emits a long and high-pitched noise every time he goes into a barking fit. We were really lucky as we only needed it a few times before the doggie got the message. Absolute lifesaver! Now we're not going into work in a grumpy rage after listening to barking for 2/3 hours! Would highly recommend.

SAVFY Universal Outdoor Waterproof Cycle Bicycle Bike Cover Fully Rain Resistant (Bicycle Cover - Grey)
Offered by eLifeStore Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap for a reason, 22 Aug. 2016
Awful. It was toilet paper thin and tore straight away. Sent it straight back with a complaint and got a refund. Very surprised this is even being sold! You would be better with a few Tesco bags.

AMOS Bicycle Bike Cycle U / D Lock High Security Anti Theft Heavy Duty Strong 15mm Steel Shackle with 2 Keys & Mounting Bracket
Offered by CostMad-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain - solid and secure lock, 22 Aug. 2016
Really heavy, sturdy lock. Makes me feel safe about my bike. It is definitely slightly on the smaller side, as other reviewers have mentioned, but we've not had any difficulty with that for our bikes. Would definitely recommend.

JerryBox Collapsible Water Bottle - 750ml, Silica Gel, Medical Grade, BPA Free, FDA Approved, Leak Proof Silicone Foldable Sports Bottle, for Sport, Outdoor, Travel, Camping, Picnic(26 oz)
Offered by Jerrybox UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless if you want water on the go, 22 Aug. 2016
Leaks! Pointless for running as it spills out all over the place even while running. I almost binned it but decided to drag the thing home to get a refund as I was so irritated by it! The water tastes very 'chemically' once it's been in this container for a while as well (1 to 2 hours max in my case and it smelled and tasted awful).

Retro Sweets Mega Gift Box: Jam Packed With Over 60 of the Best Retro Sweets. Perfect Birthday Gift, Get Well Soon, Congratulations or Anniversary Present Ideas For Him and Her: Boys & Girls, Mums & Dads, Men & Women Of All Ages.
Offered by AQO

Higher Nature Ginkgo Biloba - For Senior Moments - 120mg x 90 Tablets
Higher Nature Ginkgo Biloba - For Senior Moments - 120mg x 90 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent investment, 15 Oct. 2015
Excellent product. I find it certainly helps sharpen my thoughts and keep me focussed when I'm writing papers/revising for exams. I needed all the help I could get since I am a mature student! It was recommended by a friend who has worked in neurology. I owe him my fabulous exam results. I should just give him the degree, really.

It also saved me a lot of time with revision. I definitely noticed a difference in my concentration levels after using it. It's no Ritalin - there aren't going to be stages of manic productiveness. Perhaps it's even just a placebo effect? Whatever it is, I'm getting more as it works.

Classic Batman (DC Comics) Unisex Fleece Dressing Gown Bathrobe Black One Size
Classic Batman (DC Comics) Unisex Fleece Dressing Gown Bathrobe Black One Size
Offered by INTERNET GIFT STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant find, 4 Aug. 2015
Bought it as a birthday gift for the hubby. He loves it! Very good quality and worth the extra pounds.

The Biggest Gang in Britain: Shining a Light on the Culture of Police Corruption
by Stephen Hayes

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 4 Aug. 2015
Egotistical author, dreadful writing and just plain idiotic at times. I'm glad I only paid a penny for a second hand copy.

It is an autobiographical account, however I was aghast at the statements Hayes makes concerning his views, which at no point does he suggest are views held only previously during his time as a police officer. Jamaican criminals smell especially bad? The teachers that spanked Hayes and his pals at school the hardest were gay and therefore enjoyed it? (Are you a friend of Putin?) Female police officers looking like fitness instructors and daring to think they are attractive? (GASP!!)

The book is littered with errors and makes little sense. The author jumps from topic to topic without preparing the reader, making it an irritating read. My favourite, error-packed line has to be, "Morale is at rock bottom and at the heart of the rot is the decision of Margaret Thatcher when Prime Minister to recruit university graduates." Sweet irony! Perhaps the uni grads could have helped you with that sentence Mr Hayes.

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape
Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape
by Jenna Miscavige Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars a tragic and moving account, 21 July 2015
A fantastic book by a brave woman. I'm blown away by Jenna Miscavige and her strength. The book also provided a deeper understanding about how this dangerous cult can take over people's lives in such a disturbing way, and why a string of celebrities once flocked to it and sadly some continue to do so. Travelling throughout Jenna's childhood in the book made it clear that the same dedication to absurd 'religious' practices could happen to any of us if we were young or vulnerable enough, or both. The church is well practiced at brainwashing in quite (I hate to say it) impressive ways. It was frustrating as, when I was nearing the end of the book, I was sure that if everyone in the church was forced to read Jenna's account, they may at least have been left with some doubt about their disgraceful leader and had a hope at escaping too if they fought as hard as this author. Well done to Jenna Miscavige for managing her own determined journey into the world and away from scientology.

Nutees Banksy Flower Thrower Street Art Funny Unisex Kids T Shirts - Irish Green 12/13 Years
Offered by Nutees

5.0 out of 5 stars this will make you happy.: ), 28 April 2015
My son loves this so much we ended up buying a few others in different colours. It's not going to last forever, of course. You get what you paid for. However, considering young boys and girls grow so quickly, I think it will last for as long as it will be required. That is, until my son outgrows it. I hope so anyway! Might be wrong as he is currently choosing to wear this all of the time, except those times when I wrestle it off him and insist he sticks the t-shirt in the laundry. In other words, for Banksy fans, this will make you happy. :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4