Profile for Andromeda Descendent > Reviews

Content by Andromeda Desc...

Andromeda Descendent (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Gillette Fusion Men's Razor and 10 Razor Blades
Gillette Fusion Men's Razor and 10 Razor Blades

5.0 out of 5 stars Zero friction shaving, or as close as you'll get to it, 12 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sometimes I'll use an electric shaver and other times I'll have a wet shave. I'll freely admit that whilst I use really good electric shavers I'll typically go for the mid range packet razors, or occasionally the cheap ones. Sometimes a really good razor is on offer and I will buy it, swear I'm going to get it again next time, and then in the hurry of shopping go back to the mid range razors. But this time I really do think I'm sold on them. With eleven razor heads in this packet I guess I won’t need to get any more for a while… actually if the wording on the packet is to be believed I won't need to get any more for "up to 37 weeks"… but when I do run out I don't think I'll want to go back to anything less than these 5 blade razor heads because they just glide over my skin as if the whiskers weren't there. It's the absolute minimum of effort but it gives a nice smooth shave. The handle looks quite space age, and it's quite eye catching. I tend to put down the duller cheaper brands somewhere and then wonder where I put them, but I won't have that trouble with these.

Nivea Men Essentials Gift Set for Men, 3 Pieces
Nivea Men Essentials Gift Set for Men, 3 Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Nivea for men selection box, 12 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You get three products in this selection box. There is some shaving gel, which works very well, some face wash which I also found to be very good, and some moisturiser which I found to be helpful with my forehead which sometimes gets quite dry when the weather is hot. The shaving foam let the razor glide well, the face wash did make my face feel cleaner and got the everyday dust and grease out, and the moisturiser went on easily and was absorbed well. All three have a nice smell to them and yes I will definitely consider buying this brand next time I run out.

Nexcare Aqua Plasters - Pack of 14
Nexcare Aqua Plasters - Pack of 14

4.0 out of 5 stars Odd choice of sizes but they are very good plasters, 10 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not sure I've heard of Nexcare before, but I've definitely heard of its parent company 3M. They're known for stickiness, so there's a lot of expectation on these plasters that they're going to be good. Luckily, I've had no little accidents in the last few days so in order to test these review samples out I just went ahead and stuck one of each size on myself.

You get 2 large, 6 medium and 6 small plasters. The small ones are very small, enough to cover up spots or papercuts. If you get a real cut, the larger ones will be the ones you reach for. I don't know why there are only two of the large size. There is not much difference in size between medium and large so why not have 8 large ones? I do not see the advantage of using a medium one of these plasters over using the large. That small difference still accounts for a lot when you do get a bleeding cut and want to put a dab of antiseptic cream on it.

They certainly stick well, at least anywhere on your body where hairs are absent or sparse. That initial stickiness does, it's good to know, remain to give a long lasting hold. They are waterproof too, and because the clear area surrounding the plaster pad is transparent they look smaller than they are. Opening the packaging and sticking them on is fiddly however, and did not feel as easy as with other better known brands.

For hold, appearance and being waterproof, the plasters themselves would get five stars from me. But because I do not like the balance they have gone for with the sizes, and also the fiddly packaging, I feel I should take a star off to reflect that.

Ultratec 13 cm Micro-USB-B to USB-A-Coupling OTG Mobile Data Cable
Ultratec 13 cm Micro-USB-B to USB-A-Coupling OTG Mobile Data Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, portable, useful, 10 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The lead on this connector cable is 15cm from the base of one connector to the other. That might not seem like much, but I can see this being most useful to connect a micro-USB enabled phone or device to a memory stick, and for that it should be more than adequate. The lead is unlikely to fray around the joins because it's well moulded. You could also use this for connecting to a standard USB enabled device when all you have is a cable with a standard USB plug on each end. The 90 degree bend at the micro-USB end is a nice touch.

Ultratec 15 cm Micro-USB-B to USB-A Mobile Data Cable
Ultratec 15 cm Micro-USB-B to USB-A Mobile Data Cable
Offered by TheFlyingWhopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact portable connection, 10 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With some connection leads it's worth making sure they are long enough for your purposes, but at other times you find yourself needing to carry connection leads around with you, allowing you to connect a phone, reading pad, camera or other small device up to a computer or other device – and to do that you don't actually need the cable to be all that long; in fact if you are going to carry it around with you it is preferable that it's small and compact.

In fact, this connector is so small and thin that when the envelope first arrived I actually wondered if there was anything in it. In this case I think that having such a slimline connector is a good thing. The lead between the connectors is 16cm long and unlikely to fray around the joins because it's well moulded. The connectors themselves are good quality too and a perfect fit in everything I tried them in.

Gator SpeedLoad Replacement Trimmer Head & Line System for Petrol Curved Shaft Trimmers 25cc and above

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought out, well engineered, 6 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Gardens can be a source of a lot of joy and sometimes a source of frustration. When the rain finally lifts after weeks of getting in the way of you using the lawnmower and you find you need to strim the whole lawn rather than just the unruly bits around the edges of the garden, that's the time strimming can change from being a quite enjoyable task to something you'd rather not be doing so much of, not when it's a weekend and there's a game on the telly. So anything that can make the task easier has got to be okay, and this is a well thought out and well executed idea. The head unit itself is a very solid piece of engineering and the bump and go feature takes the worst part of strimming – stopping and sorting the line out when a bit goes flying off – out of the equation. The cassette system makes it easy to load a new one when you get to the end of the line.

AmazonBasics Microfibre Fitted Sheet, Double - Olive
AmazonBasics Microfibre Fitted Sheet, Double - Olive

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels good to sleep on, 6 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Here's an updated review, as I now have two of these sheets but whilst they are a different colour / pattern, this page only allows one review. I have an olive coloured sheet and a gingham plaid pattern sheet. They are both very smooth and comfortable fitted sheets. The stitching is good and I could not see any imperfections to tell you about. I wasn't sure about the olive colour at first but it grew on me, and the gingham plaid pattern is perfect. There are, of course, other patterns and colours in this range.

Rapesco Twin ID File - Clear, A4, Pack of 5
Rapesco Twin ID File - Clear, A4, Pack of 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Has no fastener at the top, so don't hold it upside down by mistake, 6 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is described as being a twin ID file, and what that means is that it is a sturdy see-through folder, slightly bigger than A4 size, with partial pockets inside to store up to two documents (or small sets of documents), one in each pocket. I wouldn't say it's all that good for long term storage – there are better options – but it's good as a presentation folder. You get five in a pack. I like that it has a label / business card pocket on the front cover. However, I would prefer it if it had some way of fastening it shut at the top, as I am worried that if I picked it up upside down in a hurry my important papers could fall out onto the ground. I have been at meetings where people have had similar folders and I have seen it happen, as they're busy meeting and greeting new people, they tuck their file under their arm and every so often someone will lose the contents, sometimes without even noticing.

Logitech B100 Optical USB Ambidextrous Mouse for Windows, Mac and Linux - Black
Logitech B100 Optical USB Ambidextrous Mouse for Windows, Mac and Linux - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech B100 optical mouse, 4 Sept. 2016
This is a nice simple basic mouse. It glides well, the buttons are integrated into the case and they click with a nice solid sound, and the scroll wheel is well balanced. Stretch your arms out to your sides as far as they will go. That's how long the lead is.

Funtime BV5890 Crystal Duck Puzzle
Funtime BV5890 Crystal Duck Puzzle
Offered by Genie Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye catching with the light on it, 4 Sept. 2016
This is a fun crystal puzzle to work out and put together, not too hard but not too easy either. The eyes are stickers and you get three variations of these eyes to choose from. They do not cross over more than one piece, so you can stick them on and still dismantle the puzzle for next time. The yellow (and orange of the beak) pick up and reflect light very well, making the finished "rubber" duck stand out quite a bit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20