Profile for Andromeda Descendent > Reviews

Content by Andromeda Desc...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 722

Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nivea Sun Kids Protect and Sensitive Sun Lotion Very High SPF 50+, 200 ml
Nivea Sun Kids Protect and Sensitive Sun Lotion Very High SPF 50+, 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive skin version, 13 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a product we use as a family and have trusted it for a number of years. This version has the same 50+ "very high" protection as we are used to, but has added protection for sensitive skin. The bottle is the ideal size for talking on days out and the shape allows you to grip it without any fear that it might slip out of your hands. This bottle has a pump action applicator nozzle, which is very useful.

Post-it Command 58.4x50.8 cm Refill for Self-Stick Wall Pad - Plain White
Post-it Command 58.4x50.8 cm Refill for Self-Stick Wall Pad - Plain White

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't expect such high quality paper, 9 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This pad of stickable large scale sheets could very well be described as a giant sized pad of Post It notes were it not for them being white rather than yellow. You can attach the whole pad to a wall or easel using the very useful Command strips, which are also removable when you're done with them, however if you want to tear off individual pages (which I was able to do easily without ripping them) and stick them on a wall, then you can do that and they stay there.

The paper is surprisingly high quality. I took a big risk by sticking one on some wallpaper and writing on it using permanent marker pen. Now, obviously there are different types of marker pen so don't take my word that this will be the case for everyone, but it didn't mark the wallpaper underneath and didn't even pass through to the other side of the sheet. I was able to remove the page and move it around the room several times and it's still sticking there at time of writing without any indication it might start to peel off.

These pads may be aimed at those who want to stick them all over a room and brainstorm, filling them up with ideas, but they could also have another use – as a sheet to stick several regular Post It notes to. Just a thought.

Mitre Ultra Grip Match Netball - White/Cyan/Orange, Size 5
Mitre Ultra Grip Match Netball - White/Cyan/Orange, Size 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultragrip – very fitting name, 9 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This netball has all the same quality features I really like in the rugby ball I also have from Mitre, and that has been getting a lot of use lately. It is of official size and weight and is match quality. You will need to inflate it, and for that I used a needle type attachment that came with my digital tyre pump, and set the pressure accordingly. It gives the recommended pressure on the ball itself, which is handy.

The design is very nice and is eye catching in a good way. The grip on the ball is excellent. It is covered with a repeating triangular pattern of three different sized raised bumps, and where it says "ultragrip" it's not kidding.

Rapesco 40 Pocket A4 Poly View Display Book - Red
Rapesco 40 Pocket A4 Poly View Display Book - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of pages, but they could do with being that little bit thicker, 9 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I much prefer display books with larger numbers of pages, and with 40 clear pockets this is about the ideal number for me. The red cover is good and I like its rounded corners. The pages though are a little bit too thin and delicate, so if you're going to keep changing what's inside them, you need to be extremely careful. This display book came well packaged but still, when I opened it all the pages were folded bunched up towards the centre. That's going to keep happening if you don’t fill all the pages and are going to carry it around with you, and I find that a bit annoying, especially as over time it's going to add a number of little pock mark dents in the plastic. On the plus side, I like the plastic window for putting a description on the spine and the way the 40 pockets are spaced out within the width of the folder by being glued in two separate sets of 20.

Scotch 2050PCWE 48 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige
Scotch 2050PCWE 48 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 6 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This masking tape is 2 inches edge-to-edge and you get a lot of it on a roll – a whole 50 metres no less. It is labelled "greener" and states it is made from 56% renewable resources. There's a separate statement that the paper in the tape contains 30% recycled fibres. It can be cut with scissors or a penknife, but that's not at all necessary as it's easy to tear a piece off. Yet at the same time it doesn't tear accidentally, at least that I have experienced.

I tested it out with some paint. I don't have any painting of walls or furniture imminent, but did have some paint already mixed for painting of the artistic kind, and I may well use it a fair bit for this purpose because it's very good – it holds in place yet removes without leaving residue on the art paper – and the line it left was straight and left almost no bleed-through.

The Ocean
The Ocean

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Alan Walker, why not give this a listen too, 6 July 2016
This review is from: The Ocean (MP3 Download)
This is a catchy little pop song I discovered in the Scandinavian charts, which is same place I discovered Alan Walker's Faded months before it caught on over here. I expect similar things for this song too.

Rapesco A4+ Popper Wallet Portrait with Press Stud - Clear Transparent, Pack of 5

5.0 out of 5 stars For a good first impression, 6 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're asking yourself why you might want to get the portrait version of Rapesco's popper wallets when there is more width in the landscape version to put in and remove your papers, then you're thinking the same thought I initially had. But I see the answer now – the first impression factor of receiving documents in these wallets is much better. I would use the landscape version for general storage, but if I want to hand some documents in and make a good first impression whilst doing so, I will definitely use these ones.

The overall size is smaller than Rapesco's landscape version, but there's still plenty of room for the A4 document, and there's enough give in the wallet to hold several pages. The see-through plastic is tough enough for general purposes and the popper fastener itself is easy to use and makes a satisfying pop when you undo or refasten it.

Rapesco Galvanised Staples 26/6 mm - Box of 5,000
Rapesco Galvanised Staples 26/6 mm - Box of 5,000

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, how do I review a box of staples?, 6 July 2016
I got these for free with a stapler and staple remover, so feel like the right thing to do is review them. However, what is there I can say other than the basic information you can already find out in the product description? There are 5,000 galvanised staples in the box and they can be used in "Rapesco, Rapid & Leitz 26 series, Rexel 56 series, Swingline & Bostitch 1/4 inch". I found them easy to use in a Rapesco stapler and easy to remove using my new Rapesco staple remover. Can't think of any more to say, so I'll sign off and say "thank you for reading".

Rapesco Skippa Full Strip Stapler, 20 Sheet Capacity Uses Staples 24/6 and 26/6 mm - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 6 July 2016
This is a fairly standard, lightweight stapler. I received it unexpectedly when reviewing a staple remover, so it was a nice surprise. I can't say it has the best action I have seen, and the shape lends a natural bias towards pressing it in the middle of the oval shape on the handle, which requires more effort than when my thumb is on the edge. It also has an option to change your staple from an innie to an outie (by which I mean where the points go out instead of in).

I wonder why some staplers have this option? I don't see how it's any more useful than the standard way, as it seems less firm a join and it makes the staples more difficult to remove. If you know the reason, please leave me a comment because I'd be genuinely interested to hear why some may want this option.

Rapesco Safety Staple Remover - Random Black/Blue
Rapesco Safety Staple Remover - Random Black/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and easy to store, 6 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This staple remover is much better than the one I use at work, which is a large thing that takes up a lot of room in the drawer and is always open, meaning it's easy to catch unwary fingers as they reach into the drawer for it. Now, if I were removing staples every day, several times a day, then I would want a large staple remover, but what I actually want is a small, low volume, portable one that can even fit in my pocket if needed. One exactly like this.

When you close it, you slide the small button across and it locks in place – so there's no accidental nipping of fingers. When you use it, the spring allows it to snap back into the open position and the plastic grips are comfortable and make the remover easy to use, even if you're removing several staples one after the other. It removes them cleanly, so when you do it it's a smooth action.

This would be perfect for use at work, but sorry work, this is staying in my stationery cupboard.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20