Profile for Tim Jones > Reviews

Content by Tim Jones

Tim Jones (Covent Garden)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hidden Hamlets, Dancing Trees
Hidden Hamlets, Dancing Trees
by Terence Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Aug. 2015
An excellent adventure in the time of the Roman invasion of Britain.

Straight White Male
Straight White Male

5.0 out of 5 stars NIven has not failed again ..., 27 Nov. 2013
STRAIGHT WHITE MALE, it deserves capital letters, I have become greedy for his books, his stories, and he doesn't disappoint with this one. Happy, funny, dark and serious like life, it is all there. I am happy to pay the fee into Nivens' world.

Escape from Camp 14: One man's remarkable odyssey from North Korea to freedom in the West

5.0 out of 5 stars For evil to exist ..., 6 Sept. 2013
... it takes good men to do nothing.

I have been to South Korea and it's success is obvious. When there (2012) the North were firing "test" missiles off the coast close to South Korea. This book drew in the missing detail of the politics and methods of North Korea and taught me how far (evil) this dictatorship is prepared to go to retain it's own people's ignorance. An enlightening and dark read about the other side of the coin that is North Korea.
This book Isn't really about one man, but the focus of his story is a useful looking glass into something the west appears to take little interest in and really should along with Korea's Asian neighbours.

The Hunted
The Hunted

4.0 out of 5 stars The hunted, 7 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Hunted (Kindle Edition)
Anyone of the people portrayed in this book could have a series of books written with them as the central role. Elmore Leonard is that good.

City Primeval
City Primeval

4.0 out of 5 stars Clement is cold, he kills on a whim ..., 31 May 2013
This review is from: City Primeval (Kindle Edition)
... Raymond Cruz is a cop and doesn't intend to see Clement walk from Court on a technicality again. He doesn't want to see Clement walk period. Elmore Leonard always delivers.

Kit-form Mirrored 3-Door Wardrobe, Walnut
Kit-form Mirrored 3-Door Wardrobe, Walnut

2.0 out of 5 stars I WISH I HAD GONE ELSEWHERE FOR 2 WARDROBES, 23 April 2013
Buying from Amazon had been great up until I chose to buy 2 of these wardrobes. The problem doesn't sit with Amazon but with KD Products Ltd and the dispatch company. Firstly even though it said there when 10 left of this product when I ordered the 2 wardrobes were not dispatched by KD Products to the delivery agent at the same time. They were a week apart (So I lose 2 days instead of 1 waiting in for delivery).
The next problem was that both Wardrobes were short of component parts to hold the third clothes rails in place. This must be a known problem and not a one off as both wardrobes a week apart had this same missing element. So then I have to wait a further week for KD Products to dispatch the required brackets to finish the wardrobes construction.
Would I buy from them again ... No.
In fact I will in future shop for furniture more locally.

iRobot 82204 Roomba Remote for 500, 600 and 700 Series
iRobot 82204 Roomba Remote for 500, 600 and 700 Series
Offered by sotel-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars It works as it should., 15 April 2013
Good bit of kit that does what it claims to do, could you ask for more, I guess you could but that wouldn't be very fair.

Gibson Les Paul Clock - G2
Gibson Les Paul Clock - G2
Offered by Home Barn Gifts

3.0 out of 5 stars It is okay ... not brilliant ... not good ..., 15 April 2013
It is okay, nothing fancy a bit tacky but for the money I guess that is what I should have expected.

Need for Speed Most Wanted
Need for Speed Most Wanted

4.0 out of 5 stars Race Game That Feels Right., 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Need for Speed Most Wanted (App)
Excellant car race game for Kindle Fire HD. It has the right feel and the "tilt" to turn on the Kindle is brilliant. A good way to waste a few minutes or hours. The graphics are stunning and the audio is just as good. Good fun.

iRobot Roomba 555 Vacuum Cleaning Robot (discontinued by manufacturer)
iRobot Roomba 555 Vacuum Cleaning Robot (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad with iRobot Roomba 555, 25 Mar. 2013
I first saw this product on the TV series Breaking Bad, Jessie, a single guy and a bit of a party animal had one. I now know why. I am single and not in the same party league as Jessie but I do hate domestic chores. I did do extensive "web" research on this product as none of my friends have ever admitted to owning one.

Most comments did say do not get rid of your conventional vacuum .... true! You need your conventional vacuum for touching up or getting to areas the Roomba can't (stairs etc). I used the conventional vacuum to get at particularly neglected areas 'before" I scheduled the Roomba to do its thing. It now vacuums my floor 5 times a week (5 times more than I used to do it) whilst I am at work and it does a very good job. I do not have a deep "pile" carpet it is more like "office" carpeting and tiled areas which seems to be perfect for the Roomba. I empty it's bin twice a week. First time I used it I emptied it more regularly (as the floors were dirtier). I also clean the rollers etc every week (takes ten minutes). I don't have pets so animal hair is not an issue in my place.

If you are not a domestic god/godess then seriously consider this product ... some of the best money I have ever spent.
It does appear to be well built and sturdy, although time will tell. I will post any problems that may arise. If you follow the instructions I don't foresee any problems. It comes with a "lighthouse" that stops it entering areas you don't want it to. It also comes with a spare filter and brush/roller cleaner. It functions as a "bumpbot" but this is not anything to worry about as the sensors slow it right down before it touches the obstacle with its bumper/sensor.

It does not tangle on wires although it will move them out of place, so it is best to lift them out of its path or arrange them off the floor.

As said ... brilliant product for someone who hates to waste time vacuuming. No I haven't given it a name!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3