Profile for JohnSargent > Reviews

JohnSargent

Pinball Arcade Underground
Pinball Arcade Underground

4.0 out of 5 stars Great free pinball game and tables, 3 April 2016
This review is from: Pinball Arcade Underground (App)
Having paid for some of the season one tables on my PS3 very happy to complete the st on my kindle.

The Fabulous Rock 'N' Roll Songbook
The Fabulous Rock 'N' Roll Songbook
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 12 Nov. 2013
I have already commented on the one star rating but felt that it wasn't that bad. I have every album he has recorded and every single. So I feel I am in a good position to comment the last two albums were ok Bold as Brass still remains unplayed most of the time and the Soulicious only a handful of times.

I just feel that Cliff could do more edgy music but due to record companies and probably money he feels that this is a way to keep the career going. Here's a thought just record an album stripped down (musician wise) record it live in the studio like rock and roll juvenile and see how it goes. Maybe some cover of newer songs hey country music has got some great songs out there recent ones (No Taylor Swift). Brad Paisley, Brooks and Dunn, Randy Travis etc and ask Vince Gill to help ( he sings backing vocals on Stood Up). This album feels over produced to sound perfect where as the appeal of the 50's was raw and unrehearsed, in saying that great mix of songs. All of them played well great musicians.

If doing a follow up to this with volume 2 try some more of the unknown or less heard songs. This is an album that will appeal to his fans me included but I wish he would take a risk and go against the grain.

Also enjoyed the DVD. 73 and keep on rocking Cliff
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2013 11:18 PM GMT

Sakura Boot Liner & Bumper Protector
Sakura Boot Liner & Bumper Protector

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 9 Aug. 2013
Fits well in my skoda Octavia does what it says on the tin. Very good value. Cheaper and better quality than some others it is robust not cheap feeling,

J.R. Tailor Fit Car Mat Set, Standard Black with Black and Green Striped Trim
J.R. Tailor Fit Car Mat Set, Standard Black with Black and Green Striped Trim

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Jun. 2013
Very good quality fits very well n although only has 2 clips on each mat it fits perfectly defiantly recommend.

Philips 42PFP5532D - 42" Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV - With Freeview
Philips 42PFP5532D - 42" Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV - With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars What a stunning picture!!!, 19 May 2009
I purchased this tv a few days ago not from Amazon I had been looking for a cheap large plasma. I found this for less than £400. The picture is sharp and clear. It sits nicely in the corner of the room where my old tv was. Warning if you wish to hang on the wall it is very heavy!!

The sound is great for a tv although at times I find it quite bassy. I only have standard equipment Sky and dvd player. Great picture. Plugged in My Xbox 360 and it displays in 480p very clear picture and I played a Star Wars Dvd this displayed at 540p.

Am i happy with this purchase, you bet it was worth shopping around and although not full HD I couldn't really tell the difference.

John

Finders Keepers
Finders Keepers

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting addition for cliff and the shadows, 26 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Finders Keepers (Audio CD)
The soundtrack for a film I still haven't seen. The recordings are very clear with some additional recordings including the B side to Visions.
I would recommend this to any cliff fan trying to complete your collection, and the price is reasonable too.

Now all we need is the DVD to be released so we can see the film as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2014 9:13 AM BST