Profile for mamguali > Reviews

Radio Congo: Signals of Hope from Africa's Deadliest War
Radio Congo: Signals of Hope from Africa's Deadliest War
by Ben Rawlence

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener, 20 July 2012
This book forced me to put down the two others I was reading. It is full of beautiful descriptions of a land and people devastated by war but it isn't heavy going and doesn't dwell on the horrors of the conflict to shock you. It grabs your attention by focusing on the hope and resilience of the people who have survived and the barriers they face as they try to re-establish their lives in their homeland.

After reading, I feel as though I have been on a journey through a place that I would not have otherwise heard about.

Excellent

Cure For Alcoholism: Drink Your Way Sober Without Will Power, Abstinence or Discomfort
by PhD Roy Eskapa

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, 30 Oct. 2011
As other reviewers have said, this doesn't work for everyone but TSM has saved my Mum's life and as a carer has freed me from the desperate existance many of us are familiar with. In my Mum's case the treatment was very successful very quickly with 2-3 minor setbacks in 3 years, it hasnt been easy but it certainly has worked. Her addiction was very heavy and 20 years long with several very serious hospitalisations.

Our lives are unrecognisable and Mum leads a very full life. I was deeply sceptical at first but it has been nothing short of miraculous for us, please give it a try and I wish you every bit of success and good luck.

Salter Disc Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale - Black
Salter Disc Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and excellent, 19 Jun. 2010
got one of these and just bought one for my mum. really easy to use and doesnt take up much space