Profile for Alex's honest reviews > Reviews

Content by Alex's honest ...

Alex's honest reviews (Birmingham, U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Addis Plastic Butler Large Rectangular Bowl, Metallic Silver, 12.5 Litre
Addis Plastic Butler Large Rectangular Bowl, Metallic Silver, 12.5 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions Incorrect!!, 5 Oct. 2017
It's a nice sturdy bowl, but the dimensions are wrong. It is listed as 38.6cm length, but is actually 40cm length and 42cm including the handles. The base length is only 34cm so I don't know where this 38.6 comes from! I did measure my sink before ordering but the incorrect dimensions mean it doesn't fit in!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy - broke very quickly, 14 Feb. 2017
I like the general idea of a spray mop, but found that the trigger had to be used a lot to get enough cleaning fluid on the floor to actually clean it. This made my hand hurt fairly quickly, so would be no good for people with arthritis. I am thinking it would be better to put the cleaning fluid in a separate squirty bottle, and squirt it on the floor instead. However, this particular spray mop broke after only a few uses. It just snapped at the bit where the pole joins the part that holds the bottle. The seller was totally unhelpful and insisted I return the mop at my own expense (despite my supplying photos of the damage). The postage cost is too high to make this worthwhile, so I will now purchase a more substantial brand and put this one in the skip.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2017 3:49 PM GMT

1.8M Telescopic Window Rod Pole Designed for VELUX Sky Light Roof Windows Blinds

1.0 out of 5 stars Total rubbish - scratches the window handles, 14 Nov. 2016
Near impossible to get on and off the window handles, and attempts to do so have badly scratched the handles. Also, the other end of the pole has a plastic sheath (presumably to aid grip), which comes off every time one tries to use it, exposing a roughly-machined metal edge. Total rubbish, do not waste your money.

Pack of 6 Sticky Fly Catchers / Fly Paper Set for Indoor or Greenhouse use
Pack of 6 Sticky Fly Catchers / Fly Paper Set for Indoor or Greenhouse use
Offered by Switch Socket and Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Apparently useless!, 5 July 2016
There is a paper hanging in the middle of my kitchen as flies buzz happily about, completely ignoring it. It does not seem to attract them at all. This is the second one I have tried out the packet. It is indeed very sticky but if it does not attract the flies in the first place, what good is that?

Gisela Graham - Forest Friends Childrens Wooden Peg Rail
Gisela Graham - Forest Friends Childrens Wooden Peg Rail

2.0 out of 5 stars Look pretty but coats slide back off., 5 Oct. 2015
Look beautiful but thickness of "neck" part of hook is fairly similar to "head" part of hook so coats just slide back off if there is more than one on a hook. So not really fit for purpose, however pretty they look. Disappointing.

Mini Poncho Buddy 'Kumal' Tiger Childs UPF 50+ Hooded Towel Age 1-3 years
Mini Poncho Buddy 'Kumal' Tiger Childs UPF 50+ Hooded Towel Age 1-3 years
Offered by Kidz Swimmers

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes it's on the thin side, but lovely design and great for summer holidays., 22 Jun. 2015
A gorgeous design, makes little people look extremely cute! As some other reviewers have noted, it is a thin towel, but still nicely absorbent, so great for being on holiday or going swimming in the summer. Doesn't take up much room to pack either. It washes well without fading or bobbling.

Intex Deluxe Queen Size Mid Rise Pillow Rest Air Bed with Pump
Intex Deluxe Queen Size Mid Rise Pillow Rest Air Bed with Pump

3.0 out of 5 stars Has not lasted as long as I hoped., 22 Jun. 2015
We have had this mattress for about 8 months. We were initially very pleased with it - it offers a very comfortable night's sleep, more so than other air beds we have owned in the past. I wouldn't say it is as comfy as our permanent mattress, but that is a memory foam one, so hard for an air bed to compete with. Being filled with air makes it a little cold to sleep on in winter, but this is easily solved with a blanket under the sheet. We decided to pay that bit extra for a decent air bed because the cheaper ones we have owned in the past have quickly developed leaks (which are always impossible to find!). Despite only occasional and careful use, this mattress now slowly deflates in the night. It is still usable but there is definitely a leak somewhere, and goodness knows if we will find it. So this isn't the "wonder air bed" we hoped it would be.

Niece Engraved Purple Charm Bracelet Girl's
Niece Engraved Purple Charm Bracelet Girl's
Offered by Charmed Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful quality bracelet, 17 Feb. 2015
A beautiful little bracelet, fantastic quality. Looks more expensive than it actually was. Glad to find something in a colour other than pink (pink for girls, blue for boys is such a tedious concept) - would love to see more of these in different greens, blues, yellows, ambers, etc! Looks about the right size for a 4 year old's wrist when on tightest setting, but also adjustable so room to grow.

Tomy Discovery Forget Me Not Photo Album
Tomy Discovery Forget Me Not Photo Album

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but just not robust enough, 20 Jan. 2015
We have had two of these albums now. They are such a good idea in principle. Although it took ages to pin down all the necessary people to record their message, and then get their photos printed etc, my 2 year old son loved to turn the pages and listen to his messages. Unfortunately, as with many other reviewers, the button on one side just stopped working after a while so that new messages could no longer be recorded, and the messages could not be played at will unless the page was closed and then opened again. My son did not particularly throw this around or treat it roughly but probably did occasionally drop it on a carpeted surface. The album is designed for small children but just not robust enough to withstand their clumsy handling of it.

We did get the album replaced the first time as it was still within the guarantee, but now the second one has developed the same problem fairly quickly, so we have given up on it. I see these albums are not not available on Amazon - guess this was too common an issue and they have been withdrawn.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2015 6:57 PM BST

Sellotape Permanent Double Sided Sticky Fixer - Pack of 56
Sellotape Permanent Double Sided Sticky Fixer - Pack of 56

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless for sticking even light pieces of paper on wall, 27 Aug. 2014
Completely useless. I used them yesterday to stick up my son's alphabet frieze, which is divided into sections of just four letters at a time, so each section is about the same surface area as an A4 sheet of paper. I used four pads per section, one in each corner. This morning, half the frieze has already fallen down. Have resorted to good old blu-tac, but didn't use it the first time because I didn't want the frieze to appear lumpy underneath. I wouldn't bother buying these again but maybe they would be useful for making birthday cards etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5