Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for cian > Reviews

Content by cian

cian

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Extreme Caution!, 8 Jan. 2014
I advise extreme caution when considering using this product. I did a lot of research and settled on this, and I will never use anything of the sort ever again. Please - for the sake of your furry friend - read my review before considering to buy this item!

We received this product quick and in good condition.

The "good":
The product itself does do its job. There is a vibrate only setting which does work: it goes off (usually) when our dog barked, at which they head-dived to the ground. When our dog was over stimulated, however, it made no difference. The shock setting (which I honestly don't know why it goes as high as it does) works also. A bark causes a vibration followed by a quick shock which stopped the behaviour (at least, for a couple of seconds).

Now, the bad.
To start, the vibration could be set off simply by shaking vigorously, or playing with enthusiasm (both of which happened, resulting in our dog being very cautious of shaking or playing).

Here is where the extreme warning comes:
The shock. First of all, the shock caused irritation of the skin; only a few shocks would cause the skin to dry out (and flake) and redden, becoming sensitive to touch. Now, the shock is delivered by two prongs, both of which actually dug into the soft part of our poor dogs throat! These were extremely painful for him, and appeared infected. He is OK now, and although it has been awhile since it was used, his neck is still a little sensitive.

I strongly urge you to reconsider using this collar. Yes, it works, it stops excessive barking (this is only a temporary solution, as it will continue without the collar on), but there is the risk of extreme harm on your pet. What happened to our little fella was bad and we had not used it for very long or very often, but it could have been much worse!

Please try alternative methods before using this kind of collar. If you feel you absolutely must use one, find a vibration-only collar without any prongs what-so-ever: it is not worth the risk!

I hope you find what you and your dog needs: ours has no collar at all but almost never barks now simply from ignoring his barking.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Vol 1 (Eps 1-13) [DVD]
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Vol 1 (Eps 1-13) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yasuhiro Irie
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable. Amazing. Jaw-dropping., 16 May 2012
I have watched and own a lot of anime, and this is by far the greatest. The first series made deviated from the true story quite soon after launching as the books had not been finished yet. Brotherhood follows the true story to a T. Admittedly, the first 10 or so episodes aren't as exhilarating as the rest because it is mostly a re-cap. That is, Bones Studio had already done this part, but recreated it for the Brotherhood series. As soon as these episodes have passed I was glued.

Never have I watched a series - anime or not - that had me literally on the edge of my seat throughout (only sitting back to rest my back). Every episode had me gasping in shock and there are plenty of moments where I laughed uncontrollably outloud. As the series progresses it became more and more intense. So much so, that I watched the discs back-to-back because I just had to know what happened next. The whole time I watched brotherhood I was completely absorbed.

Where did the time go? Each disc is about 2 hours and 30 minutes (and there are 10 discs in all: 5 parts) - that's 25 hours in total! - but it sure didn't feel like that. I watched each disc back-to-back and was absorbed in every second of it. I gritted my teeth so hard at times my jaw would hurt and laughed so much at times my stomach hurt. Never have I enjoyed a series so much as I did with this. I was genuinely surprised at the depth of the show - this isn't something that's been made up as it went along, the books (and thus the Brotherhood series) is an intertwined maze of connections, with no single character going to waste - everyone has their purpose and all are vital. This series adresses courage, strength, bravery, justice, love, desperation, greed, exploitation, corruption, morality and much more and mixes them in the solution of supernatural, political and historical phenomenon (with a touch on alchemy!).

There is no review, description or synopsis that could do Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood justice, but it is definately - without a doubt - something i would recommend to anyone. You will gasp, grit your teeth and laugh through the series, and just to make it that much better, it ends on a fantastic note (one of the best - if not the best - endings to a series I've seen). There's just one thing you need to be wary of: once the credits close on that final episode, you will be putting that first disc straight back in to watch it all over again!

Star Wars: Outbound Flight
Star Wars: Outbound Flight
by Timothy Zahn

4.0 out of 5 stars Long slog to a catastrophic ending, 13 May 2011
This book certainly took me some time to read. This was mainly due to the many characters I just struggled to like or care for. There are many events happening that seem pointless only to show one character or another's nature. However, with teeth gritted the ending does come, and boy what an ending it is. It certainly makes up for the drag through the beginning and middle, and certainly pushes this book to an ending I won't soon forget.
You don't necessarily have to be a huge star wars fan, just someone who knows the basic, because Outbound Flight does what it says - takes you away from your comfort zone into unexplored territory. This is certainly a must-read if you plan to read Zahn's latter books (with reference to Outbound Flight); and is a great book if you're reading in chronological order, simply because it gives a small inkling into the future cloning of certain individuals (it's very small, but it's there).

Star Wars: Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
Star Wars: Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
by Karen Traviss

5.0 out of 5 stars Order 66: a different perspective; a better perspective., 13 May 2011
This book stunned me.

Hard Contact was a great insight. Triple Zero created brilliant relations. True Colors gave us a strong perspective of the clones' view on the war (more so than previously), as well as tyeing up some loose ends.

Order 66 is just fantastic. The best book in the series so far. On it's own, the book is great, read after the previous three books, it becomes something different, something amazing. There are moments in this book I gritted my teeth, moments I laughed out loud, and moments I came very close to shedding a tear or two.

We've all seen and heard Order 66 from the Jedi perspective and more or less agreed with the Jedi's actions and felt sad (when Yoda clutches his heart at his dying loved ones). This book, however, throws us completely up-ended. Personally, I no longer feel so sad for the Jedi, I feel pity. It was mentioned in previous books at the Jedi's acceptance of a slave army, and the clones didn't sign up for their job. This book just shows how everyone was set up, used and disposed of. Yes, the Jedi had it bad - but the clones went through ten years of brutal training, followed up three more years of struggles and pain of their life, their brothers lives, and their painful realization of a life they will be deprived of - the one we take for granted. I also find myself feeling less sad for the fallen Jedi with the likes of Skirata and Vau - their views may be bold and harsh, but there's a lot of truth to them; this we can see by the simple fact of Jusik and Etain's agreement with them.
The books also fills in a lot of gaps, such as how Grevious is found, for example.
I was not expecting the ending of this book at all, but what makes it even more powerful, is the fact that the series continues (onto Imperial Commando: 501st)
I can't recommend this series enough, if for nothing but to reach this book.

True Colors (Star Wars: Republic Commando)
True Colors (Star Wars: Republic Commando)
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars True colours of a brilliant series, 13 May 2011
We're at the mid-section with this book.
Hard Contact gave a brilliant start: burst into a second deployment, with all 4 RCs already facing their inner struggles and shock and realization that everything wouldn't be as they were told, as well as an encounter with a Jedi with no knowledge of the clone army.
Triple Zero gave us great ground to move forward; a book which built very firm relations and set up all the important relationships for the books to come, and even more insight to the individuality of the clones (which I love the most; these men are not identical copies. They may have the same genes, but they have their own thoughts, personality and problems).
Now we meet True Colors. This is pretty much a book of it's word; the true colors of the characters we've begun to love. Our heroes are pushed further to their limit. More importantly, we see in far greater depth the opposition of opinion from the 'great Jedi' which we learn primarily from Etain and Jusik. Traviss gives the reader an opportunity to see the Jedi Order from a different angle (which in my opinion is the truth). This book also creates some intense moments, but which all lead onto further brilliance in "Order 66"

Star Wars Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Star Wars Republic Commando 1)
Star Wars Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Star Wars Republic Commando 1)
by Karen Traviss

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Contact; the beginning of a brilliant world, 13 May 2011
This is the beginning of a wonderful series. Hard Contact makes a perfect start too. We are launched into the minds of men, boys, to be more accurate, also known as clones. The Clone Wars series touches very lightly on the clones' individuality, personality and inner feelings, but strives to tell the tale of the Jedi. The Republic Commando series gives us an entirely different perspective. We're thrown into the minds of a squad of RCs, with their views, personality, ideals, values, morals, struggles and pain along with it.
In this novel we meet this squad on their second deployment. I will not say anything to ruin the story.
This is the beginning of a series and whether you enjoy this book or not, the books following it are a must-read (if for nothing but their finale).

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Las Vegas - Season 5 Part 2 [DVD]
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Las Vegas - Season 5 Part 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ William L. Petersen
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Csi dvd, 1 Aug. 2010
the dvds (3discs) are in fine working order. However, the inside case came cracked with some of it falling off. I don't know whether this was already present (if so, the seller failed to mention so) or this occurred during postage (which I guess isn't the sellers fault but perhaps could have packaged it a little better). All in all, it was a fair price and the discs work which count.