Profile for Adam > Reviews

Content by Adam

Adam (Kent)

Page: 1 | 2
CSL - USB mini sound card - external | Virtual Surround Sound | for computer, notebook, tablet PC, Macbook | Plug & Play | Windows 10-compatible | black
Offered by CSL-Computer

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap little soundcard to get the job done., 17 Jun. 2017
This works well as an external soundcard to get the job done.

It does feel cheaply made, but it was cheap to buy and it does what I need it to with no complaints.

Despite not feeling amazingly well made, I haven't experienced any sound issues with it. I don't regret buying this.

Harmonize Orgone Amethyst Pyramid Energy Generator Orgonite Reiki Healing Crystal Chakra
Offered by Indianbeautifulart

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little decoration., 17 Jun. 2017
Beautiful little decoration. My only issue was that it smelt very strongly of industrial chemicals once it arrived. That smell soon wore off after a day or so.

[2 sets!!!!] Buffalo Classic USB Gamepad for PC from Japan
[2 sets!!!!] Buffalo Classic USB Gamepad for PC from Japan
Offered by GJGAUDIO

5.0 out of 5 stars The best USB SNES controllers out there!, 17 Jun. 2017
I searched high and low for GOOD SNES controllers with a USB out and these are by far the best!

I've had others at a cheaper price that have broken due to poor plastic, the membranes on the internals of the controller falling apart and just flat out not willing to be seen by the computer.

The buttons on this controller are perfect, they don't feel spongy and I haven't had any missed presses with hours of play. Feels just like the original controller in every way. Feels very light, but solid. Just as retro controllers used to be.

I've not had any connection problems either. It's always recognized as a USB controller with all of the buttons being mappable in my software.

A must for any retro enthusiast.

VersionTech Latest USB3.0 Ultra Slim Portable DVD Rewriter Burner,External DVD Drive Optical Drive CD+/-RW DVD +/-RW Superdrive for Apple Mac Macbook Pro and laptop
Offered by VersionTech UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little USB powered drive, not great if you need really fast read and write speeds., 17 Jun. 2017
For the price and the size of this drive it's spot on. The only problem I had was the read and write speeds, I was hoping for something a lot faster to replace my old external mains powered drive. Unfortunately this falls short in that regard. (The speeds were clearly on the product page, but I over looked it, so that's my fault)

The disc tray itself doesn't feel very rigid, so be careful if you're out and about. Sometimes when I go to close it I feel I might break it.

However, my issue with speeds is to do with burning DVDs and Ripping them; For everything else such as getting files off of CDs etc you can't fault a USB powered disc drive. Very handy, compact and portable.

TP-Link AC2600 Dual Band Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (BT Infinity, TalkTalk, EE and PlusNet Fibre) 2 USB, 3.0 Ports, UK Plug (Archer VR2600)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid router, great network speeds, haven't needed to restart at all., 17 Jun. 2017
I primarily needed a router that had gigabit Ethernet ports and to be compatible with VDSL2 and this fits the bill perfectly.

It has a very detailed admin panel, making fine tuning a breeze and the added bonus of having 2ghz and 5ghz wireless is great.

I've had this router on for weeks at a time streaming 4k movies and online tv etc with no drop outs. I've not had to restart it because the internet stopped working like my old router. Sturdy and reliable.

2x ZedLabz hardened compatible replacement TPU controller analog thumbsticks thumb grip stick for Sony PS4 Playstation 4 repair part - black
Offered by ZedLabz Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Tougher than the original. Simple to replace if you follow a guide., 17 Jun. 2017
The quality of these replacements were very good. Compared to the original thumb sticks these are a lot tougher. They do feel slightly less 'rubbery' but they don't lack grip.

These will be difficult to fit in your controller if you have no idea what you're doing and you will need some small screw drivers to disassemble the controller. With those in hand, to take the controller apart and put back together took 10 minutes following an online guide.

BEKO BD533AW BDV555AW 2 Turn Fan Oven Cooker Heater Element (1600W)
BEKO BD533AW BDV555AW 2 Turn Fan Oven Cooker Heater Element (1600W)
Offered by First4Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars To Hot To Handle... (sorry about the pun), 20 Jun. 2015
Through the power of electricity and conductivity Beko bring you this! The replacement to fire!

When our food cooking machine's filament decided to die it was time for a new one. This was the one, it will heat your food with the power of 1000 suns while your enemies watch with awe, with this, you are now a power to be reckoned with!

Seriously: This filament fitted our oven perfectly and works like a charm. Be sure to hook it up correctly. Once connected, run on full power for a few minutes to make sure everything is OK.

Anker AH430 USB 3.0 4-Port Compact Aluminum Hub with 2-Foot USB 3.0 Cable
Anker AH430 USB 3.0 4-Port Compact Aluminum Hub with 2-Foot USB 3.0 Cable
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Cuts off my WI-FI and Bluetooth., 20 Jun. 2015
Shame. I bought this thinking it would be a fantastic companion to my 2012 Mac Mini. Unfortunately I didn't read every last detail about it otherwise I would have seen that this operates on a frequency that knocks out WI-FI and some Bluetooth signals.

I plugged it in to my Mac Mini and at first everything seemed OK. Then next day when I went to AirShare something to my Mac from my iPhone I noticed that the WI-Fi was off. I did everything under the sun to fix it, reset the PRAM, Control Prefs, Update my routers firmware, everything. Then I unplugged the hub to mess around with the wires and noticed the WI-FI came right back.

So I opened up iStumbler (a program to check the strength of WI-FI and Bluetooth signals) With the hub out, the signals were consistent for both. When I put the hub in, the WI-FI dropped and the Bluetooth to a sharp hit. I could have gotten by with this but I need my wireless and bluetooth signals to be strong.

I don't know if this has the same effect on Apple laptops, Windows laptops or other net tops and desk tops. I do know that on the 2012 Mac Mini it gets rid of almost all signal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2015 10:56 AM BST

Anker® Bluetooth Ultra-Slim (4mm) Aluminum Keyboard for iOS, Windows and Android 3.0 and above OS with Built-in lithium battery

2.0 out of 5 stars Mac Users Read, Trouble Waking From Sleep Mode., 20 Jun. 2015
I bought this to be a good wireless keyboard for my 2012 Mac Mini which I use as a media centre and sometimes to do some graphic design. I looked everywhere for a wireless keyboard that has the correct Mac layout and came across this one.

After some use I've come across one BIG flaw. Connecting it via bluetooth is fine and the keyboard works well. The signal isn't fantastic to get across my living room but if you were using it as a desktop keyboard then that would be fine. The flaw is that when the keyboard goes into sleep mode, it does not wake up.

From what I've read in the instructions, on Ankers website and elsewhere, you cannot turn this sleep mode off so the keyboard is constantly on. The instructions say to press a key and wait 3 seconds, but once I've done that I get nothing. In order to start using it again I need to physically click the switch OFF then ON and wait a few seconds for it to reconnect. Baring in mind that the sleep mode activates anywhere between 10 - 15 minutes of non use.

On a normal days use I have to turn it back on upwards of 15 times. If it just stayed on and I didn't have to keep turning it on, it would have been fine.

This is all on a 2012 Mac Mini. I haven't tested it with a Windows computer so only take my rating based on it's use with OS X.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Reach As Far As Advertised, 17 Jun. 2015
This only gets a 2 star from me because the information on the product description is wrong. It states it can get up to 10 meters, and up to 20 with no interference or obstruction.

"Provides transmission rate up to 3Mbps and transmission distance up to 10 meters(In free space without interference)"
"The theoretical transfer rates is up to 3 Mbps with the working distance upto 20 meters in open space. "

I found that it hardly got past 1 meter without it dropping connection like a rock. I bought this because I needed something with a stronger signal to reach across my living room. Switching back to my inbuilt one offers more than 3 times the range of this product. This dongle was tested in the back of my machine, then on a clear desk using a USB hub with no obstruction or interference.

On this flip side, I have no doubt this item would be fantastic if it was only being used with a laptop or desktop. Some place where you don't need distance as the connection was consistent and good. I didn't see any input lag from the mouse or the keyboard I was testing, so while good for short range it's terrible at long range, which is the reason I bought this based on the information the product page has.

Page: 1 | 2