Profile for Ms. N. Devadoss > Reviews

Content by Ms. N. Devadoss

Ms. N. Devadoss (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Nookii The Grown-up Game for Playful Couples
Nookii The Grown-up Game for Playful Couples
Offered by David Allen Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for us shy types, 26 Oct. 2008
I was so nervous when my boyfriend suggested playing this but it actually worked a treat at pulling me out of my shell. "Because the card told me to" is a good reason for my inhibited self to say and do things I wouldn't consider otherwise. It properly dragged me out of my comfort zone and I was surprised by how thrilling it was.

There are three levels of 'naughtiness' so you can work your way up and ease yourself into it. You roll the dice and the result is how many minutes your turn will last for, so if you're lucky with your rolls there is definitely a winner overall. It's a whole load of teasing (including some oral instructions) so there's not really anything that you'll get to and think "woah, no way can I do this!" Although we have removed the `Climb on my back as if I was a horse and give my right buttock a hearty slap' instructions as they were just odd and not in the slightest sexy as far as we were concerned.

It's definitely just a now-and-then game to shake things up or we'd learn the cards and get bored. But yes, so much fun the first time that even if it had never been used again it would've been worth the money.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A good workhorse that can handle rough treatment., 25 Sept. 2008
This phone feels very light and toy-like but seems near indestructible. I've used it for a year and a half and the battery still lasts me for over a week with me leaving it on constantly, texting a few times a day and talking now and then. Without using it, for example when I've had it for emergencies only on holiday, the battery lasted for over a fortnight.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of more modern phones but it's good at getting a clear signal, speakers are loud and clear, microphone makes my voice clear to other people and it's easy to navigate. Good for people who want a phone, not a fashion accessory that needs to be pampered and wrapped up in your handbag.

KMS - 3 PIN UK wall Power charger plug for Zen V Plus / CREATIVE ZEN (4GB/8GB/16GB)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and it works, what more can you ask for?, 25 Sept. 2008
Just thought I'd mention that this works perfectly on my Zen V 8GB player since some chargers I've bought online seem to fail at their job.

The 10th Kingdom
The 10th Kingdom
Dvd ~ Dianne Wiest

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best adventures I've seen, 25 Sept. 2008
This review is from: The 10th Kingdom (DVD)
This is a series I first watched aged 15 on Sky 1 and I fell in love with the characters, dialogue and scenery immediately. Since then I've bought this box set and watched it five different times with five different friends and it hasn't failed to enchant any of them (or their boyfriends, who grumble at first but then ASK for it to be put on as the story unfolds more).

It follows Virginia, a young but cynical and disillusioned early-twenties woman. Her dad is a waste of space and quite thick although he means well. And the Wolf. Oooh the wolf. He's a wild-hearted villain at the start but his attraction to Virginia leads him to try and control his nature. The way the characters strengthen each other and bond as they're pushed to their limits is heartbreakingly endearing and the quirky scenery, extras and side plots are extremely funny and well integrated into the story. Anybody who loves fairy tales will be amused by the twists given by them here (there's a frog with the tradition riddle of 'there are two doors, this one will lead to death, but sometimes I lie' riddle solved in a far more contemporary way. The way Wolf treats Virginia's grandma is one of my favourite TV moments EVER).

All in all it has the makings of a timeless classic. There's nobody I've met over a range of ages and occupations who's watched it and disliked it. I know I'll happily be watching it another twenty times or so.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2011 4:55 PM BST

EMARTBUY GENUINE SAMSUNG E300, E310, E330, E350, E370, D500 3 PIN MAINS CHARGER
EMARTBUY GENUINE SAMSUNG E300, E310, E330, E350, E370, D500 3 PIN MAINS CHARGER

Just thought I'd mention that this works perfectly for the Samsung E370 as some chargers I've bought online fail at home.

LINDY USB VoIP Phone for Skype
LINDY USB VoIP Phone for Skype

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and functional. Not top of the range but good for the average user., 25 Sept. 2008
I won't lie, I got this phone purely because my bedroom's red and black. As a student who uses Skype to phone family and friends as it has replaced my landline, I find that this phone 100% meets my needs. It automatically imports you Microsoft Outlook contacts so you quickly accumulate a lot. The Skype interface doesn't really let you prioritise or group contacts well, the speed dial has been really useful. The fact that picking up the handset makes the Skype interface pop up is useful too, the handset doesn't have a screen so you can follow your dialling etc on the computer screen. The sound is loud and clear with my volume only set at 50% of its maximum capacity and people report that they can hear me clearly as well. The ringer is loud enough to hear from downstairs. I don't mind that it's not cordless but I know some people might.

The drawbacks are slight. The main thing is it feels really light and cheap, which doesn't affect its performance, it's an aesthetics issue. I saw it advertised elsewhere as 'wall mountable', which I would have much preferred. Although the base is designed for this with screw-holes, the handset's cradle isn't deep enough so the handset hangs off the base like a person rocking back on their heels. Not attractive, so it's sat on my desk. The phone acts like speakers so when it's plugged in youtube etc dredirects through that. It's my fault I realise, but the way to change that as a setting is uclear and brings me to my biggest gripe: The installation CD freezes a lot and tends to choke and die before I load up the PDF file with the instructions on it. Not a big deal as the majority is self explanatory, but a pain in the bum for the speaker issue I just mentioned.

But once set up it's been running like a dream. Definitely recommended.

Morphy Richards  Double  Heated Underblanket 75148
Morphy Richards Double Heated Underblanket 75148

5.0 out of 5 stars What a winter lifesaver., 7 Sept. 2008
Ok, the biggest drawback that this blanket has is that it takes about half an hour to warm up. But guess what, it says it on the tin, with some preparation this will never be a problem. I love it so much! As a student I hate having the heating on when I'm at home by myself, but I just need to put this on, jump into a hot shower/make some dinner and it'll keep me cosy for an evening in bed (where I use my laptop, TV, playstation and desk from. I'm not lazy, my room's the size of a postage stamp :D )on the highest setting. It has extra wires at the feet, keeping them warmer which is great for me as I suffer from cold toes. I can even keep it on all night with the lowest setting, which is lovely and snug and apparently only costs 2p a night to do. Well worth it.

The only drawback is that getting up on a frosty morning will seem like the biggest challenge of your life.

Corpse Bride [UMD Mini for PSP] [2005]
Corpse Bride [UMD Mini for PSP] [2005]
Dvd ~ Tim Burton

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the prettiest movies ever, should be savoured on a bigger screen., 7 Sept. 2008
Firstly I love this movie and the film alone would get 5 stars. However, even taking into account the limitations of watching ANYTHING on a small screen, this lost out more than most. In crowded scenes like in the bar I found it hard to keep focus where it's meant to be as it's all crammed in a tiny area. The beautiful character detail is lost making it look like a childish cartoon rather than the art it is. The sound quality of the player also doesn't do it justice, some of the instrumentals just don't come out that well.

If you love the movie and want to be able to watch it on the go, this will be useful. If you've never seen it before, do yourself a favour and get the DVD.

A Bed Of Roses
A Bed Of Roses
Offered by PUSSY-WILLOW

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, set the mood well., 7 Sept. 2008
This review is from: A Bed Of Roses (Kitchen & Home)
I loved these. You can scatter them anywhere knowing they won't leave a mess, they don't wilt come morning, they have a lovely soft perfume to them and you have to look really close to see they aren't real. They definitely don't feel like rose petals but the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. However, they don't float so if you're planning on chucking some in a bath a la American Beauty you'll have to look elsewhere *sigh*.

Wrapstar Dancing Leaves Graphic Skin (Nintendo DS)
Wrapstar Dancing Leaves Graphic Skin (Nintendo DS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty and almost perfect., 7 Sept. 2008
I invested in one of these skins to both protect my precious DS from the scratches and scrapes of everyday life as well as making it look super cute. I am very very impressed with the overall effect.

The skin is really a set of stickers that you put on your DS. There's holes for the screens, buttons and speaker holes. The only problem I had with it is that the sticker for the area surrounding the top screen was too long for the DS, so I had to trim it down first. As a result the speakers were slightly obscured on the right hand side but I poked through with a pin. The rest fit where they were supposed to perfectly.

Firstly I have it on a pink console so it looks great, it really does. I've had it for 9 months now and it's still in great condition. The stickers are waterproof so you can still wipe it clean with a damp cloth. They are stuck on well, not peeling off at the corners. But if I try to fiddle on purpose, it comes away from the console cleanly, not even leaving a sticky goo, and sticks straight back on flawlessly. I really can't complain.

Page: 1 | 2