Profile for InspectorGadget > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Zoff Adhesive Remover 20 Wipes
Zoff Adhesive Remover 20 Wipes
Offered by iCare Chemist

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the removal Opsite Flexifix, perfect., 10 Jan. 2015
Brilliant for the removal Opsite Flexifix

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product & no allergic reactions from sustained use, 10 Jan. 2015
We use this continuously without any allergic reaction. Stays fast for two weeks at a time and use Zoff wipes to remove it when required.

Shock Youth Doctor Gel Max Mouth Guard - Pink
Shock Youth Doctor Gel Max Mouth Guard - Pink

1.0 out of 5 stars If your child (boy or girl) is over 9 years of age, then buy the ADULT version, not the Youth one., 10 Jan. 2015
Please be aware that the size advertised as youth would only be suitable for an average child under the age of 9, for anyone else buy the adult size. If you order this & have to return it then you have to suffer a £6 postage cost for the return.

Slingbox 350 Media Streamer
Slingbox 350 Media Streamer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent upgrade from my old Slingbox Pro (Non-HD), 16 Dec. 2013
After previously upgrading to Pro-HD which turned out to be a step backward due to issues with the sound watching HD TV on my pc and iPhone/iPad, and I returned it to Amazon.

I have been waiting for the 350 or 500 to be released in the UK having seen it released a long while ago in the US.
From my tests all is working as expected, the PC APP is no longer supported with the new Slingboxes instead you use a browser on the PC and the quality of the video & sound were both good. I tried out both the iPhone and the iPad apps, both are good for HD video and sound.

So I'm definitely keeping it and I'm even considering buying a 2nd one now (£99 on White Friday from EchoStar!).

In terms of the physical setup to my Sky+HD box and my home network was fine & quite simple, Sky HDMI output into a powered Cablesson 2 port HDMI splitter into a non-powered HD Fury2 HMDI to component with an attached 3.5mm stereo/2 RCA cable sending both component video and sound into the input of the Slingbox 350. The second port of the HDMI splitter into my TV.

The configuration of the Slingbox was performed online at their site and viewed in a web browser. The port was chosen for you and is no longer selectable in the way is was in the past, which I found slightly annoying. It says that it looks at your system and if it detects a port is used then it will pick a different one. I added the chosen port for port forwarding on my router and the whole process was complete in less within 15 minutes.

In terms of size: it is less than half the size of either the Slingbox Pro or Pro-HD.
The manual provided is totally useless, so I'm guessing that new users to Sling will either get it right first time, ring the support line or return it in frustration.

As an existing user I'm giving it a five star rating based on the fact that it works as designed.

Crest Glide Floss Picks - 20 Pieces (6 Pack)
Crest Glide Floss Picks - 20 Pieces (6 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick & Easy flossing, 12 Mar. 2013
If you hate flossing, then these are the ones to buy.
they have got to be the easiest and quickest floss available

Method Daily Granite Marble and Granite Surface Cleaner, 354ml
Method Daily Granite Marble and Granite Surface Cleaner, 354ml
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job on the granite, 12 Mar. 2013
its good to have something that you can spray on granite without the risk of taking the shine off.
Would recommend.

Eddingtons Banana Store
Eddingtons Banana Store
Offered by Auntie Morags

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 12 Mar. 2013
Good price, probably saved more money in a month from not throwing away bananas.
Keeps bananas fresh and yellow in the fridge.
Excellent.
It would be nice to have an easier closure, but at this price you can't expect much.

Forefront Cases Leather Case Cover with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function and Stylus Pen for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite - Purple
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, good quality and excellent price, 12 Mar. 2013
Looks the part and an outstanding price. A good fit for the Kindle.
Own four of these, all still looking good.
Would recommend.

TP-LINK TL-PA511KIT 500 Mbps Gigabit Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-LINK TL-PA511KIT 500 Mbps Gigabit Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Eliminated issues with wireless printing in 30 seconds...., 28 Nov. 2012
Requirement:
We wanted to place a printer where there was no fixed ethernet connection, so I decided to go for a HP wireless printer and with an access point only 2 metres away on the opposite side of the room. You would imagine this would be reliable, it wasn't and I was forever rebooting printer, access point, reconfiguring the printer and the setup on the laptops.

Possible Solution:
Buy these two powerline adapters and a couple of cat6 cables. Use the printer as a hardwired ethernet cabled printer instead.

My Experience:

The product arrived next day as promised by Amazon, my Amazon Prime service is still providing good value for money.

Opened the box, and plugged them both into their chosen power sockets, and connected the two cat6 cables. All good, lights glowing green.

Setup the printer in windows, ran a test printer and it was printing immediately.

I had read other reviews about needing them both on the same ring main, and not using an extension lead. Well I am using separate rings and an extension cable at one end. I decided to take the risk rather than continue with the complaints from the family about the HP wireless printer not printing on a regular basis.

Printing is no longer an issue and these powerline adapters have worked flawlessly for the last few months. Well worth the 50 quid investment!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, fast delivery & good rates for recycling them, 13 Sept. 2012
This is a very good dependable HP black ink cartridge.
I have previously tried after market cartridges (on a different printer) without success and went back to HP.
Having signed up to using Amazon Prime I decided that I no longer need to store a full set of spares, I just wait till they run out and with free next day delivery I don't have £50 worth of ink cartridges going out of date on the shelf anymore.
The other benefit of using these cartridges is that you can get a £0.75 cash credit for recycling them with a particular company, I am sure this won't last forever and over time this value will go down as volumes of stock increase.

Page: 1 | 2