Profile for R. Smart > Reviews

Content by R. Smart

R. Smart (Wales UK)

Tommee Tippee Explora Baby Food Blender
Tommee Tippee Explora Baby Food Blender

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for small portions of puree during weaning., 14 Sept. 2014
This blender is perfect if you are realistic about what it can be used for, of course it's not the best blender but ideal for blending small portions of fresh fruit and veg during weaning.
It's very small and compact so great if you are lacking space (amongst all other baby related equipment!!)
It's as noisy as any other blender I've ever used and didn't phase my baby at all, despite baby being used to relatively quiet surroundings.
I have so far found it to be quick and easy to use, and makes perfectly smooth purees in less than a minute. Sometimes a little of the cooking water is useful to make a smoother puree as with any blender.
It's simple to assemble and easy to wash thoroughly.
I had mine half price at £10 and think this is a reasonable price for what it is and what it does. I'm not sure I'd pay full price but I'm happy with the product and would recommend to anyone wishing to prepare fresh fruit and veg for their baby during weaning.

Animal Encyclopedia (First Reference)
Animal Encyclopedia (First Reference)
by Dorling Kindersley

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 8 Nov. 2010
I am a primary school teacher and bought this book whilst looking at snakes it school. It has been very useful in discussing the difference between fact and fiction. :) It's a great reference book with lovely pictures and child friendly facts!

100 Ideas for Primary Supply Teachers: Primary School Edition (Continuum One Hundreds)
by Michael Parry

4.0 out of 5 stars Good adaptable ideas, 14 Dec. 2009
I bought this when i began supply teaching last term and found it quite good for ideas that can be adapted or developed for any age or ability.
I always have it to hand although since reading it through once I rarely look at it now.