Profile for Joey > Reviews

Content by Joey

Joey (London)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Teach Your Child to Sleep: Solving Sleep Problems from Newborn Through Childhood
by Millpond Sleep Clinic

4.0 out of 5 stars Some interesting tips, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this as my second child is due imminently and needed to refresh myself on those early days of how to get a baby to sleep. This book essentially offers two methods, controlled crying or gradual retreat. It will not be for everyone but then, from my experience with my first son, no single "method" was the answer. When my son was small, we had every book on the market, Gina Ford, the Baby Whisperer, Tizzy Hall...we tried anything and everything to get our colicky boy to sleep. In the end, it was a mixture of all of them that helped. I think there are tips in this book that will help parents but may not be a one size fits all for everyone.

Sensationally Sugar Free
Sensationally Sugar Free
by Susanna Booth

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been "clean eating" for a while now and although I don't deny myself cake if I want it, my sweet tooth is such that I wanted to make some healthier treats. I ordered this book thinking that "sugar free" would be natural sugars, however, most of the recipes use artificial sweetener so not what I thought it would be. For this reason, I hadn't made anything from the book but recently returned having been diagnosed with gestational diabetes but even with the use of sweeteners, I think the flours etc used would put my bloods over. This book just isn't for my personal circumstances, however, I would say that the pictures are beautiful and appetizing and may be of assistance to those following Weight Watchers (I did that a few years ago and would have loved this then)

Itsu 20-minute Suppers: Quick, Simple & Delicious Noodles, Grains, Rice & Soups
Itsu 20-minute Suppers: Quick, Simple & Delicious Noodles, Grains, Rice & Soups
by Blanche Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recomended, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this book. I was initially sceptical about the "20 minute" claim, however, I have made 4-5 recipes from here and they are all around the 20 minute mark. I can highly recommend the chicken donburi - my boyfriend thought I had ordered in when I served this up for dinner, and the chicken katsu. Both are quick and easy dinners with ingredients most people would have in the kitchen. The only thing I had to order was some chestnuts.
There is a selection of fish, meat and vegetable dishes as well as recipes for sauces and marinades. I've never actually eaten from Itsu so can't compare to their shop brought produce but highly recommend this tto spice up the weekly dinner menu.

Vax Air Lift Steerable Pet Max Vacuum Cleaner, 1.5 Litre, Silver/Purple
Vax Air Lift Steerable Pet Max Vacuum Cleaner, 1.5 Litre, Silver/Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 28 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really powerful vacuum with pivoting head to allow you to get into awkward corners. We don't have a pet but do have a 4 year old son who leaves a trail of destruction after him and has been great at sucking up his crumbs etc. It is lightweight and compact which is good for us as we live in a small flat and can be easily stored away. The cable is really long so you don't need to keep plugging and unplugging depending on what room you are in. It also has a detachable bit if you wanted to clean the car. The only downside for me is that you have to wind the cord up after use, there is no button to do it automatically. For £150 I think this is good value for money.

Crabtree & Evelyn Best Sellers Hand Therapy 25 g - Pack of 3
Crabtree & Evelyn Best Sellers Hand Therapy 25 g - Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little luxury, 28 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love Crabtree and Evelyn moisturisers. They are a great size to fit in your handbag and last me ages. The moisturiser itself lasts a long time on my hands and is not greasy. This set would make a lovely gift.

L'Oreal Paris Infallible  021 Always a Lady 2 x Nail Polish 5ml
L'Oreal Paris Infallible 021 Always a Lady 2 x Nail Polish 5ml
Offered by secretdressing

2.0 out of 5 stars Chips easily, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really disappointed with this product. Firstly, it was advertised as a pack of two, however, I only received one product. Secondly, I found the colour to be significantly darker when applied than that which appears in the product image. And finally, it didn't even last a whole day without chipping.

To use the product, you must first apply the darker end of the product, I found this to be a very dark red/brown colour. It was fairly watery so I applied a second coat, which again had a watery appearance and didn't seem "even". Once the varnish is dry, you apply the lighter end of the product which, contrary to the bright pink looking varnish in the image, is a translucent top coat with a pink tinge. I've used this product twice now as I thought maybe I was having an off day when I applied it the first time but on both occasions, I have had the same experience. Not for me.

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pen Black Excess 7ml
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pen Black Excess 7ml
Offered by rhi-trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and precise application, 16 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a bit nervous about using this when it first arrived as the liner is applied through a silicone nib, which is flexible when pressed side to side and naturally thought that it would be messy to apply. I was really surprised to find that this is really easy to use and gives a far neater finish than any wet liner I have used with a brush applicator and is more precise that a kohl pencil. I've found that because the nib is angled, you can keep the liner on your eyeline and as such, I haven't had any wonky lines or smudges. You can control the amount of liner that comes out by twisting the bottom of the pen.
I would highly recommend this product, particularly to people like me who aren't so great with brush liners and who want a really neat and precise finish.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! -Extremely small fitting, 10 Jan. 2016
This dress is extremely small fitting. I am an 8-10 and after reading reviews ordered a large sizing in this garment. I haven't even tried to try it on as having taken it out of the packaging, it is the equivalent to a UK size 4, the material has no give and there is no way it would get anywhere near me.
Unfortunately, I need to keep the dress as international return rates cost more than the dress!

Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme! Volum' Mascara Black 9.5ml
Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme! Volum' Mascara Black 9.5ml
Offered by Euro Beauty Collections

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 10 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used this on and off for about three weeks now. The mascara itself is long lasting and does plump my lashes up and is good value for money. There are two reasons why I am not overly fussed on this product. Number one is that the brush is very large and when I am applying it, it always smudges or leaves those annoying black dots on my upper eye lid. The brush isn't curved or angled in any way and is not my preferred kind of brush. Secondly, I have struggled to get it off with my usual cleanser. I can get most of it off but it leaves black smudges under my eyes that I then have to scrub with a muslin cloth.
As a female in her mid-30s I know what kind of cosmetics and brushes I like so the reasons I have given above are personal to me. As I have said, the mascara itself is effective and if you like a larger brush and use separate eye make-up remover then you will probably like this.

Fisher-Price Giraffe Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat
Fisher-Price Giraffe Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivals the Bumbo..., 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my little nephew to use and am really impressed. I had used a bumbo when my son was small and really liked it, but living in a small flat, it did take up a bit of floor space when not in use. This floor seat is collapsable which is an added advantage if you are challenged with space and storage at home. It is also portable which is good if you are visiting friends/relatives etc and will easily fit in the boot. The cloth covering is fun and bright and has kept my nephew entertained and can be easily removed to wash it. There are noisy foot pads to hold his attention and a tray that can be fitted for snack time.
This seat is sturdy, compact and good value. I would highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20