Profile for Mrs. Karen Merquis > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Karen Merquis

Mrs. Karen Merquis (Notttingham)

Page: 1 | 2
The Good Mother
The Good Mother
by Sinéad Moriarty

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 Feb. 2017
This review is from: The Good Mother (Paperback)
I started this book at 9.00 this morning and I've just finished it at 4.50pm. I couldn't put it down. The subject, a child with cancer, is obviously very sad, but the story has it's funny moments too. Wonderfully written as always by Sinead Moriarty, her books just keep getting better and better. Can't wait for the next one.

Walkie Talkies-2 pcs Long Range Two-Way Radio UHF 400-470MHz Walky Talky with Original Earpieces- 16CH Single Band FM Handheld Transceiver with LED Light Voice Prompt for Field Survival Biking and Hiking
Offered by Rhinocoeu

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 15 Dec. 2016
Bought these for my grandson because he's adamant he wants to be a spy! He is really happy with them. They have a very good range. The price was very reasonable for the quality of the item.

Purple Blue 925 Sterling Silver Made with Swarovski Elements Teardrop Pendant Necklace for Women on a chain,18"
Offered by Royal Crystals Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift, 26 Sept. 2016
Lovely clear crystal. Perfect for my sister's 60th birthday present.

Finding Audrey
Finding Audrey
by Sophie Kinsella

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for teens, 11 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Finding Audrey (Hardcover)
I did enjoy this book, but it would have been nice if Amazon had made it plain that this book was aimed at teens. I read it in 3 hours during which nothing much happened. Readers are left to imagine what Audrey had suffered, although it was fairly obvious. Left me with a slight feeling of dissatisfaction. I tjink tensgrrs will enjoy it more than I did.

The Love Letter
The Love Letter

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 9 May 2012
This review is from: The Love Letter (Kindle Edition)
I usually like Fiona Walker's books and I waited for this new one with anticipation. However, I was extremly disapointed with the Love Letter. The story was so predictable, and the writing depended on puns and 'witticisms' which were extremely annoying to say the least, and certainly not funny.
I did read the book in less than three days, but only because I wanted it to end! Come on Fiona, you can do much better.

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
by Claudia Carroll

3.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt for Me!, 2 Dec. 2011
This was the first Claudia Carrol book that I have read, and although I really enjoyed the story, I got very fed up with her use of the 'word' anyroadup. I know to most people this would be a minor issue and would not detract from the book, but I found the way she kept repeating it over again extremely annoying. I don't like slang in any book unless it is in relevant converation, and this definitely wasn't. It would prevent me from buying any more of Claudia Carroll's books, which is a shame as I enjoyed the rest of it.

The Stuff of Dreams
The Stuff of Dreams
by Eileen Ramsay

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but strange language!, 27 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Stuff of Dreams (Paperback)
I bought this book becase I had read a previous book by this author, A Way of Forgiving, which I really enjoyed. I found The Stuff of Dreams difficult to get into, but I persevered and the story is actually quite good. However, I found the language was very stilted in parts and old-fashioned, which took away some of the enjoyment,as I was thinking, well nobody speaks like that any more. Unfortunately this distracts from what is really quite an interesting whodunit!

Never Too Late
Never Too Late
by Cathy Kelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - Reprint, 27 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Never Too Late (Paperback)
Why are Amazon offering this title as 'not yet published' when if fact it was first published in 2000. Many people will think that this is a new Cathy Kelly book and be disappointed when they find it isn't. Amazon should ensure that a note is put in the description to ensure that people realise this is not a new book, just a re-published old one!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2012 5:25 PM BST

Rich Again
Rich Again
by Anna Maxted

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 27 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Rich Again (Paperback)
I waited ages for this title to be published, as I loved all Anna Maxted's previous books. I wasn't disappointed! This is possibly her best yet. I was totally gripped by the story from beginning to end. There are just so many twists and turns, I didn't want to stop reading until the very last page. I can thoroughly recommend this book.

Flawless
Flawless
by Tilly Bagshawe

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless Story, 27 July 2009
This review is from: Flawless (Paperback)
I always look forward to Tilly Bagshawe's books, and this one didn't disappoint. A brilliant insight into the world of diamond trading and smuggling, with a love story intertwined. It kept me enthralled until the end, which came all too soon for me!

Page: 1 | 2