Profile for S. Tracey > Reviews

Content by S. Tracey

S. Tracey

Page: 1 | 2
Startostar Pocket ChainSaw, Emergency Hand Saw Tool with Pouch for Camping ,Hunting ,Hiking ,Outdoors
Offered by Startostar Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 29 May 2017
Really surprised by the effectiveness of this saw. Used it for small branches without problem so I tried it on a 400mm trunk. Went through it in about five minutes. I was sweating like a horse at the end of the national, but easier than using a hand saw.

Jazz on Film: Film Noir
Jazz on Film: Film Noir

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 May 2017
This review is from: Jazz on Film: Film Noir (Audio CD)
Excellent package. Beautifully put together. I have bought others in the series

Wireless Mouse, [Hot Sales Version] Pictek 2.4G USB Cordless Mouse Computer PC Laptop Mouse Optical Mice with Nano Receiver, 6 Buttons, 2400 DPI 5 Adjustment Levels,18 Month Battery Life, Auto Sleeping for Windows 7/8/10/XP, Vista, Mac and Linux - Black
Offered by ThuctekDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Shares in Duracell, 29 May 2017
Works fine but goes through a set of batteries every three day. Manufacturer ignored complaints. Avoid.

Following writing this review the manufacturer contacted me. They suggested I might want to use better batteries (using Duracell). They also suggested that they send me a wired mouse, (like I haven't got a box of them) if I were to reflect in my review how good a customer service they supply. Draw your own conclusions. Buy if you like a little gamble.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2017 11:01 AM BST

CELEBRITY FACE MASK KIT - Teresa May - DO IT YOURSELF (DIY) #7
CELEBRITY FACE MASK KIT - Teresa May - DO IT YOURSELF (DIY) #7
Offered by Party-People

1.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of one, 29 May 2017
Not impressed with the quality but was surprised when two turned up when I only ordered one.

Tiger Music GACAPO2 Capo for Guitar - Chrome
Tiger Music GACAPO2 Capo for Guitar - Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, great price, 7 Nov. 2012
I must admit I was very nervous about the price of this capo, after all a poor one can be worse than useless, it could actually damage a guitar. It is however excellent.

A very simple design. Easy to use. Effective without any buzz right up to the 10th fret on an acoustic. No chance of it damaging the neck and it has maintained it's hold quality over the year or so I have had it. Another feature I like is that it is strong enough so that you can back it's position away from the fret itself and it will still hold a solid open note. This gives you a little bit more room to play open chords.

A fine piece of kit.

Rip It Up: The radically new approach to changing your life
Rip It Up: The radically new approach to changing your life
by Richard Wiseman

4.0 out of 5 stars 60 Seconds, 4 Nov. 2012
I agree with many of the other reviews in as much as this is a sequel to 59 seconds. The themes are very similar as is the tone and message. It is an expansion of the section on acting over thinking in the previous book.

So why 4 stars? Well although it is a familiar message it is an important one, and Richard delivers it with wit and confidence. It is also refreshing to have a book of this nature that is willing to acknowledge all of the original research but present it in an understandable fashion.

Justinguitar.Com Beginner'S Songbook J. Sandercoe (Easy Guitar With Notes & Tab)
by Justin Sandercoe

4.0 out of 5 stars Great companion, 4 Nov. 2012
This is a great book from a man who knows how to teach the guitar. It is well laid out and easy to use and understand and useful for the absolute beginner and the more experienced. To be honest though I would buy it just out of loyalty o the man himself. He gives away so much free from his website that buying the book is a very small price to pay for all of the other good stuff I have learnt from him.

DR Strings Sunbeam - Phosphor Bronze AcousticRound Core 11-50
DR Strings Sunbeam - Phosphor Bronze AcousticRound Core 11-50
Offered by jam2day

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great., 27 Oct. 2012
I bought these strings as a change from my usual brand. (I won't mention them as I don't want to appear to be in their pocket) And although they are a good string I will be going back to my old ones. The bass notes are rounded and rich and the E and B perfectly acceptable but not quite as commanding as I like. They lasted fine, though I do change more often than most, and as I said they are a good string. I suppose they just felt a little unfamilier.

My Boss is a Bastard: Overcoming the boss from hell (BUSINESS SOLUTIONS SERIES)
My Boss is a Bastard: Overcoming the boss from hell (BUSINESS SOLUTIONS SERIES)
by Richard Maun

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth owning, 27 Oct. 2012
We all have them and most of us think we can do better than them. This book has some interesting observations on the different type of boss out there and how to deal with them.

The most useful part though is the personal survival kit. We are increasingly likely, through choice or redundancy, to leave an employer at short notice. The personal survival kit is a dynamic way for you to have all your options available if it should happen to you. Worth a owning just for this.

How To Keep Your Job
How To Keep Your Job
by Richard Maun

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book for turbulent times, 28 Aug. 2011
This review is from: How To Keep Your Job (Paperback)
I have long been a fan of Richard's books. They always offer new, and insightful ways of approaching situations. In fact I owe, in part, my change of career path to "Job Hunting 3.0", but this book opens up a whole new area.

I have never seen a book before that focuses on remaining employed. There are loads of books on getting a job, but I have seen nothing on keeping one. This book does just that.

The true genius of "How to keep your Job" is that it enables you to put a figure on how effective you are in your job. The saying goes that "to improve anything, first you have to measure it". This book shows you how to do just that. In doing so you can judge how well you are performing and where you need to improve. Couple that with some great advice on being a good employee, and you are left with the ability of keeping your job as long as you want it

Page: 1 | 2