Profile for Stewart Harrison > Reviews

Content by Stewart Harrison

Stewart Harrison

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The King's Thunderbolts - No. 44 (Rhodesia) Squadron RAF: An Operational Record and Roll of Honour, 1917-1982
by Alan White

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read about a famous Squadron, 17 Jun. 2013
I bought this book for Family History reasons. The books cover from defending London in WW1 to the bombing of the Stanley airfield in the Falklands. The book is full of stories bravery and survival
My particular interest is Bomber Command during WW2 and it covers this period superbly.

44Sqn has an amazing history and if you are interested in Aviation History then this book is for you. superb!

Global Intelligence: The World's Secret Services Today (Global Issues)
Global Intelligence: The World's Secret Services Today (Global Issues)
by Jonathan Bloch

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 15 April 2013
This book is 230 pages long and filled with an up to date account of the current state of intelligence services around the world.

It explains the new role that secret services have found themselves in since 9/11 and discusses these organisations and how they operate on the fringes of the law in many cases.

Excellent stuff

Hamlyn All Colour Cookery: 200 Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
Hamlyn All Colour Cookery: 200 Slow Cooker Recipes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 15 April 2013
I now live on my own, and have a very busy life, so I found this little cookbook extremely useful.

Its on my new Kindle, so i can always refer to it if I am looking for ideas and also its in colour so i can see what the finished product is supposed to look like!

Excellent.

iBubbles Pro
iBubbles Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant if you are two years old, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: iBubbles Pro (App)
I downloaded this for my 2 yr old Grand-daughter.

When she is looking a bit jaded, she plays with this app for ages and seems to like it, so I would recommend it if you have a small child that needs amusing for a few minutes.

Offside LITE
Offside LITE

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not load, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Offside LITE (App)
I tried to download this app onto my Kindle HD

After leaving it to load for ages, it doesn't open, even though it states it had loaded successfully

Legionary: Viper of the North (Legionary 2)
Legionary: Viper of the North (Legionary 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book, 29 Oct. 2012
If you like Simon Scarrows, Anthony Riches etc then read this

Great story and well written. Really enjoyed this book

OMM Trio Map Pouch-Black
OMM Trio Map Pouch-Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 29 Oct. 2012
This review is from: OMM Trio Map Pouch-Black (Misc.)
I can keep my map, compass, phone, notebook, all within easy reach instead of jamming it into my pockets.
It's a clever idea and worth having when out walking or cycling
Strongly recommended

Legionary
Legionary
by Gordon Doherty

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Legionary (Paperback)
I was a bit tentative about getting this book as I had never heard of Gordon Doherty.

What a brilliant story, edge of the seat stuff, really entertaining.

I hope he continues with Pavo and his friends, as I feel I am already getting to understand their characters.

Read this book if you want a good,exciting story to read! More please Mr Doherty

Cerruti 1881 Fountain Pen Fuseau
Cerruti 1881 Fountain Pen Fuseau

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Oct. 2011
This fountain pen is excellent. Its stylish, classy looking and a good writer.

If you love to write with a fountain pen, then this is definately the one for you

Wheels Up!: A Former RAF Boy Entrant's Recollections of Life in the Boy's Service in the Early 1960s
by Bob Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories!, 11 Oct. 2011
As an Ex Boy Entrant (1963 to 1965) this book brought back many memories!

I was at RAF Hereford and found this book to be very accurate. The discipline was strict and very difficult at times, but when I passed out into Adult Service there was nothing much the RAF could do to frighten me.

I would recommend any ex boy to read this, its very good but would loved to have had "more"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3