Profile for LizT > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I Let You Go
I Let You Go

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 17 May 2015
This review is from: I Let You Go (Kindle Edition)
Very predictable and rather boring. I don't understand where all the 5-star reviews came from.

Deliciously Ella: Awesome ingredients, incredible food that you and your body will love
by Ella Mills (Woodward)

2.0 out of 5 stars Sugar-addict's recipe book, 18 Mar. 2015
This is a sugar-addict's recipe book masquerading as "healthy". Most of the recipes are not healthy at all as they contain huge amounts of sugar in the form of maple syrup or dates etc. If you are into healthy eating, this is one to avoid.

Werewolves of Millers Hollow
Werewolves of Millers Hollow
Offered by TradePlus

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously good game!, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Toy)
This is a brilliant game - different, clever and fun!!! I bought it to play at my daughter's 19th birthday party after reading the reviews on Amazon. There were eight of us, the bare minimum, but we managed to have such a great night. We all said we hadn't had so much fun in ages and agreed that we would play it again very soon with a much bigger group. We also thought the size of the box was hilarious.

Wisdom Natural, SweetLeaf, 100% Natural Stevia Sweetener, 4 oz (115 g)
Wisdom Natural, SweetLeaf, 100% Natural Stevia Sweetener, 4 oz (115 g)
Offered by Nature's Remedies

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best stevia on the market!!, 4 Jan. 2015
I have tried many different brands of stevia and this is definitely the best.

OXO Good Grips Hand Held Mandoline Slicer
OXO Good Grips Hand Held Mandoline Slicer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without it!!, 24 Nov. 2014
Quite simply, this is the most useful piece of equipment in my kitchen. I use it every day for preparing delicious salads.

The Likeness: Dublin Murder Squad:  2 (Dublin Murder Squad series)
The Likeness: Dublin Murder Squad: 2 (Dublin Murder Squad series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 19 Oct. 2014
I'm not usually that interested in crime novels but the delicacy and beauty of Tana French's writing will never fail to completely captive me and send shivers down my spine

100 Bolsius Long Burn 8 Hour Tea Lights, Gold Cup
100 Bolsius Long Burn 8 Hour Tea Lights, Gold Cup
Offered by Giftwarez

5.0 out of 5 stars Really do burn for 8 hours!!, 6 Sept. 2014
We used these tea lights for outside lanterns at a party. They were still burning after 8 hours and we were very impressed with them.

Fool's Assassin (Fitz and the Fool, Book 1)
Fool's Assassin (Fitz and the Fool, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to her best!, 4 Sept. 2014
Robin Hobb back to fantastic form after some very disappointing books. How exciting to be back with Fitz and the Fool. It is obvious that she loves these characters and she writes about them from the heart. There is depth here that is sadly missing from her recent work. Can't wait for the next installment.

Teapigs Liquorice & Peppermint Tea 50bag
Teapigs Liquorice & Peppermint Tea 50bag

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - can cause dangerously high blood pressure!!!!, 2 Jun. 2014
After drinking two to three cups a day of this delicious tea for a few months, I had a routine blood pressure check and was alarmed to find that my previously normal blood pressure was elevated to 185/117. By accident, while looking at hypertension on the internet for some clue to explain why my blood pressure had risen like this, I found an article on the effects of liquorice on blood pressure, put two and two together and stopped drinking the tea immediately. Now, five weeks later, my blood pressure is back down to normal. There is a sort of half-hearted warning on the box about going easy with the tea if you have existing hypertension, but my blood pressure was normal before I drank the tea. When we spoke to the company, they said that, because of these issues, they advise only one cup of the tea a day, but there are no such warnings on the box. I was lucky to find out so quickly and it worries me that there may be many others out there like me, drinking this tea with dangerously high blood pressure.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2016 3:37 PM GMT

Salter Silver Glass Electronic Timer
Salter Silver Glass Electronic Timer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste you money, 24 April 2014
This is the worst timer I have ever bought. It has now stopped working after just a couple of months. When it was working, it had an alarm so quite it was almost impossible to hear, and was very difficult to use as it has no buttons to press, just touch controls which didn't work properly. Pretty rubbish altogether.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4