Profile for Tangerine > Reviews

Content by Tangerine

Tangerine "tangerineman" (North Yorkshire)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Minecraft Guide to Exploration: An official Minecraft book from Mojang
Minecraft Guide to Exploration: An official Minecraft book from Mojang
by Mojang AB

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and useful hints and tip book, 30 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter is a huge minecraft fan and has a large number of books on the subject. This book is pretty lengthy, offering a range of tips and hints specifically related to exploring the huge World of the game. Some of the stuff on mobs particularly interested her as well as villagers. At 95 pages it isn't a short book and the hardback cover is nice and the thing feels well made. It is nice and colourful too, feeling engaging and made at around an A5 size to fit easier into little (and even bigger hands!). My only slight issue is whether there is anything new in here not contained in the huge array of other books out there. Granted, this is an official Mojang product but is this information necessary in written format when it is almost certain to be available online? Possibly.

However, sometimes when the information is in the book and you flick through it, you find out hints and tips you may not have been looking for but do so because of the medium you are using. Flicking through the internet in the same way isn't something I or my daughter do really - we tend to ask specific questions of it. So, I still think there is a reason for books like these and given how my daughter has taken to this one (like all and I mean all of her others) I can say that if you have a similarly huge minecraft fan in the house, these range of books are worth getting.

Sony MDR-XB510AS Sports Extrabass Splashproof Sports In-Ear Headphones - Green
Sony MDR-XB510AS Sports Extrabass Splashproof Sports In-Ear Headphones - Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent headphones that deliver a pretty good sound, 30 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones come with a variety of 'buds' to allow fitting to differing sizes of ears. That means some trial and error frankly but is recognition that we aren't all the same and one size won't fit all. In terms of sound quality these headphones aren't bad. Decent performance that is clear and pretty crisp. I compared them to my original apple headphones and didn't notice that much difference though. I also couldn't work out how to skip a track with the wire control. All in all, despite the colour (which isn't really cup of tea) these are ok and will feature as back up headphones to my bose ones. However, if you are looking for a pair of headphones the apple ones can be picked up really cheap and they produce a good quality sound for a fraction of the price. But, they won't stay in your ear as well as these will during exercise. I tried them out in this regard and they were good. For me, these are worthy of 3.5 stars. Not bad.

Panasonic SC-ALL6EB-K 40 W Powerful Multi-Room Speaker- Black
Panasonic SC-ALL6EB-K 40 W Powerful Multi-Room Speaker- Black
Offered by magicdiscounts

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, 21 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wanted to like this speaker I really did. However, it isn't good enough. I've been fortunate to review a Panasonic wireless speaker before. It was ok but the app was simply awful. On that specific score, Panasonic have done better, the app is actually not bad although still could be improved significantly. When you get a speaker the key is sound quality. Above all else, this will be the key issue. Having been lucky to have several good speakers (Bose and Libratone) whose sound quality has really impressed me, this ALL6 does not. It sounds muffled and overly reliant on the bass. I adjusted the settings in the 'Equalizer' which has treble and bass to adjust and it makes limited difference. The volume can't be controlled via my iPhone, you have to use the actual buttons on the unit. These are overly sensitive and go from loud to very quiet in very quick time. It would be better if you could use the iPhone buttons to adjust the volume.

The unit itself looks fine and sits neatly on my cabinet in my office. However, this is all about the quality of the sound. It is just not where it should be. I am not going to pretend that this speaker has been a disappointment because it has. It took a little while to connect it to my network too - these sorts of issues are hard to deal with because there are so many different factors that each person will have relating to their own network. But regardless, I expect it to be a quick and seamless operation connecting to the network it needs to.

As for the speakers main purpose, it just does not deliver enough. The Libratone I have is a far more accomplished sound and there is no point even mentioning the Bose because that is another league entirely. So, I am not impressed.

Vax UCNBPCP1 Power Compact Vacuum Cleaner, 2.0 Litre, 850 W, Red
Vax UCNBPCP1 Power Compact Vacuum Cleaner, 2.0 Litre, 850 W, Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly..., 19 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have given this vacuum cleaner a tough series of tests and I have to say that overall its performed pretty well. It isn't very heavy but does feel a touch flimsy to me and the brush attachment just will not stay put if you put any sort of pressure and apply a brushing motion. Very quickly it comes loose. So, performance is ok but there is a few issues I have found with the quality of the attachments and their fittings.

I do have a Dyson and it is this by which I judge all other products in this category. The simple truth is that it doesn't produce the same level of suction to me. Yes, this Vax produces decent levels but I notice the difference when I use the Dyson. The vax is loud too - no louder than the Dyson but it is not quiet and I have heard a few say it is. Well, mine certainly isn't.

I think this Vax is a worthy option in considering whether you should buy one. If I could I'd have given it 3 and half stars. It's perfectly good a producing a decent clean. It is also much cheaper than other leading brands 'premium' products. Whilst I don't feel it produces the same level of power and hence it won't suck quite the same level of dirt and rubbish up out of the carpet or off the floor, it isn't bad. So, a decent vacuum but it still hasn't convinced me it is a replacement for the Dyson just yet.

pür Disappearing Ink Concealer 4-in-1 Concealer Pen, Tan 3.5 ml
pür Disappearing Ink Concealer 4-in-1 Concealer Pen, Tan 3.5 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use just wrong tone, 6 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife has said this was easy to apply and the angled head aided in that regard. However she didn't like this specific tone. Still, specific colour notwithstanding, this was considered not bad here.

Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen/Grow and Restore Shampoo 506 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good results and nice scent, 6 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife has been using this shampoo and it has a nice scent which I can't quite place. Still it's very nice. It's thinner than I imagined it would be. My wife has liked the results but has suggested that she finds she has to be very careful, ensuring her hair is properly rinsed. She has found the shampoo a little more difficult to rinse out than normal. Despite this, it's a well received and respected product here.

Gatineau Perfection Ultime Retexturizing Beauty Cream 50ml
Gatineau Perfection Ultime Retexturizing Beauty Cream 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious cream, 6 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife loves this cream so I can endorse this product. It has a very faint scent but it's how my wife's skin feels which seals the deal. She loves how soft it feels and how it looks. I don't like the price tag and how my bank balance will be dented with repeated future purchases!

All in all the cream does what it says as far as my wife thinks. She's very impressed with it. I still can't always square the price side but I suppose if you feel the product is doing what it's meant to it can justify its price. Whether it's that good compared to budget alternatives I don't know. Nevertheless this gets a huge thumbs up here.

Inkrite Canon X-Large Multi-Pack Compatible Inkjet Cartridge - Black/Yellow/Magenta/Cyan (Pack of 5)
Offered by Global Toners

4.0 out of 5 stars For general printing these are good, 6 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If, like me you own a printer, the big issue is often running costs. Ink is not cheap and having found most non-brand alternatives to fall short, particularly in terms of how long it lasts.

This set is a lot cheaper than the canon brand own and it has been put under a lot of work. But it's still going strong. I'm impressed frankly and will be considering using this brand moving forward. It's cheaper and performs fine when used for general printing. I cannot say about photos yet as I haven't tested but it'll be interesting to see how this ink does. Whether it can defeat canon m, at least in my eyes, remains to be seen. However for general printing I'd consider these ink cartridges.

Silentnight Posture Plus Mattress Topper - Double, White
Silentnight Posture Plus Mattress Topper - Double, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Adds comfort and has aided sleep, 6 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a comfortable 'topper' that fit easily and has improved my comfort levels far more than I'd hope it could. It comes in a very simple bag and was, after cleaning, fit to the bed easily with its strap 'system'.

The real prove is whether sleep is aided. I've had a shocking run in that department and have tried numerous things to improve it. However this product has aided things more than I'd thought it could. For the price I'm impressed with the quality and have to recommend it.

Times Tables Flash Cards: Essential flash cards for times tables from 1 to 12 (I'm Starting School)
by Pat-a-Cake
Edition: Cards

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful teaching aid, 6 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are already proving useful, offering immediate 'sums' for my daughters to have a go at. They aren't overly keen on mathematics but it's essential and we'll keep plying them with these flash cards which will help, I'm sure, with the multiplication woes of the kids. I like that they are made with good card and are perfectly pleasant to look at too. Very good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20