Profile for Tangerine > Reviews

Content by Tangerine

Tangerine "tangerineman" (North Yorkshire)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Canon Legria HF R606 High Definition Camcorder - Black (3.28 MP, 32x Optical Zoom, 57x Advanced Zoom, Wi-Fi and NFC) 3-Inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars A compact camcorder that offers good performance at a budget price, 19 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have heard the camcorder is a device that is no longer required, particularly given how good the modern day mobile phone or tablet is at taking high definition video. There is certainly a debate to be had on such matters but as always this comes down to a personal choice. Do you want to carry an extra device or do you want an all-in-one solution such as the aforementioned tablet or mobile? For me, a dedicated device is usually the best solution although I wouldn't want to carry numerous different devices on a day out or on holiday. So, as always, it is a balance. If you lean toward dedicated devices then this Canon could well be an entry level camcorder that is worth consideration. It is fairly well made but has a predominately plastic body. It also has a manual lens cover that needs to be pushed down to reveal the actual lens. Operation is really easy, open the screen (which can be flipped if you want) and the device powers up. Press one button and you are recording.

The quality of the recording is excellent. I have tested it outdoors in bright sunshine and it did rather well. Indoors, filming is equally good. It did struggle in low light - although this is normal in my experience for a camcorder and in windy conditions the noise is quite evident - again, to be expected but especially on the more budget models. A 4gb sd card gives 30 minutes of video and the device is easily hooked up to your television so you can watch any video on the bigger screen in the house if you wish.

Overall, this Canon R606 is a pretty good deal given its performance quality. I have been impressed with it and whilst I'd prefer an automatic lens cap operation (I believe more expensive Canon camcorders do this) there is little to be too critical of. I was a little undecided as to whether the Camcorder is a device that is required anymore. Having used this Canon I think there still is a reason to own a dedicated device such as this. It is small and takes up very limited space, provides high quality video and is easily viewed on the television by the plugging in of one cable. So for me, I'd recommend this R606. If you want a fairly inexpensive camcorder for your holidays or special occasion I think you will be happy with what it does.

Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid performance, nice design but clunky app, 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been fortunate to be able to review a few of these wireless speakers and this Panasonic is a sort of mid-range version of the two or three I have used. So being able to compare with those units allows me to say from the get-go that this ALL8 does have a good sound, crisp, clear and it doesn't over do the bass. It also looks good although the control panel is a little too plastic for my liking. Had I actually paid the £300 (at time of writing April 2015) for it I'd feel this was a cost-cutting move by Panasonic and it isn't warranted.

However, like i say, it is a simple, yet elegant design although it is much deeper than it looks in the picture so make sure you have a check of the dimensions before you buy. A slim shelf isn't going to be enough room. The minimalist approach is taken with the very few buttons you have to operate it. However, it is the app that is meant to be used to control the device really.

In terms of actual set-up I am aware that there are those who have struggled with this. There is little more frustrating than what should be a simple set-up not working. In my case I didn't experience any issues. It was very simple and within a few minutes I was selecting tunes and hearing them in crystal clarity. So, in terms of ease of use I have to say it achieves this, at least in my experience. However, the app is poor. It feels like a really poor relation of itunes. I used my iPod to control the device and when I went back to my actual iPod the difference between selecting a piece of music on that against the app was significant. The way the app allows you to select a tune is too clunky. I couldn't get it to do an album search but instead had all the songs listed. Just daft.

The overall performance was pretty impressive. I did feel on more heavy music it lacked a little bass but in the mid-range with a generic 80's compilation album it did a good job. I did feel a little underwhelmed at time though, I have to admit. The fact is though that overall I rate its performance. It didn't distort at high volume either which in my view is a good indication of quality.

So, the ALL8 is on one hand achieves its aims of delivering good quality audio albeit if a touch underwhelming in relation to certain types of music (anything a little heavier isn't conveyed quite right to me). But overall, it was clear, crisp and engaging. It looks good too, simplistic and clean and I like that once again, albeit it that the control panel on top is a touch too plastic for my personal taste. Set up was easy albeit that the app is pretty poor and needs to be looked at in my view.

Overall then the ALL8 is close to being a 5-star product. In reality I'd give it 3.5 stars but I can't so I am leaning to giving it 4 rather than 3. Price is another consideration and I know that I haven't paid for this so would I? It is a difficult one to answer because I like the ALL8 and frankly I am not sure it matters. What matters is performance, build quality and design for something like this and I think my review says it all.

Airmax Sport Version Nasal Dilator
Airmax Sport Version Nasal Dilator
Offered by All Mall Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective but a touch uncomfortable, 5 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The airmax is solution to a problem many are affected by, whether it be during sport or when sleeping, keeping your airways open as well as you can helps with various breathing concerns. For some, it is snoring at night, for others it will be that they consider these sorts of products enhance performance by allowing more oxygen into your body. The 'nasal dilator' is a pretty simple way of mitigating such concerns. It simply is inserted, up, into the nose and each prong keeps your nasal passage 'open'. It does work but I have to say it is a little disconcerting and takes some getting used to. I also like the little box you are given to keep the dilator in when it isn't in use. For me the big problem is how uncomfortable it feels - it isn't appalling pain but it is noticeable and compared to say, nasal strips, which attach to the outside of the nose there is a difference. However, compared to the aforementioned nasal strips, the dilator does a better job. So it depends on personal choice as always. If you can get used to it, this product is the one. If not, nasal strips may be worth considering.

LEGO Friends 41085: Vet Clinic
LEGO Friends 41085: Vet Clinic

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining lego set perfect for the younger fan to build, 2 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Usual delivery from Amazon which was very swift indeed. In terms of the product this is a fairly small, yet charming Lego Friends set. We have a number of sets for my daughters and this one was very well received and is already sat in their room, completely constructed. What I find really nice is to see is my eldest daughter is now building these sets on her own (in the main bar one or two awkward pieces). I can't help but remember when I started building lego and to see my daughter doing it herself is a real pleasure. So all in all, this set is a very nice set indeed. I like the additional little pieces they include and perhaps whilst I'd like to see a few more animals (a couple of rabbits at least?) for the money it is just about acceptable. When combined with other sets in this particular lego series it fits in rather nicely. The thing I particularly like is that the size of the set is just spot on for a child at the very younger end of the recommended age (5 - 12) so it offers a really nice beginning to lego building on their own. The sense of achievement for the child would be worth the money on its own in my view. Good stuff.

Russell Hobbs 20683 Legacy Coffee Maker - Cream
Russell Hobbs 20683 Legacy Coffee Maker - Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 16 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Russell Hobbs coffee maker looks very nice indeed which is good news as it sits on display on the kitchen counter. It also works simply and effortlessly which again is exactly what I want. The hot plate works well and if it does cool down can be started again with a touch of a button. It really is a simple product but it is nicely designed and does its job with efficiency. In this regard then I have to say it is a pleasure to use and I definitely recommend it.

Seagate Wireless 500GB Mobile Storage - Black
Seagate Wireless 500GB Mobile Storage - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A good wireless drive, 8 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once you download the app for the hard drive and then switch it on you can use this as a wireless storage device. In this regard it is simple to use and there are no significant differences between this device and any other of these types of product. It also comes with a USB cable so you don't have to use it as a wireless device if you don't want to. It is a reasonably small device although not tiny so although it would fit easily into a laptop bag it is chunky enough to mean you shouldn't be misplacing it too easily. All in all this seagate wireless drive is a nice example of the type of product it is. It is a simple device to use and does its job well enough. I haven't been blown away by read/write speeds but they aren't too bad. All in all a nice product.

Miele Complete C3 Celebration EcoLine Plus Hard Floor Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 4.5 Litre, 800 W, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic build quality, decent performance and awkward to store, 5 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Miele is a name associated with quality and right from the off you get that sense with this product. The unit feels well made and is finished in a glossy black. The main body comes separated from the tube but this is easily fitted. Some of the brushes etc. are held within a really funky concealed compartment. Which with a single press are made available. The power button is easily accessible too and can be utilised by a quick foot tap. The cord once out is then retracted by the pressing of the second button (cord button) and the cord shoots into the unit. It is almost whip like! So be a little careful if you get one of these. In terms of performance it is ok, it isn't too noisy (less so than our fairly modern Dyson) but I wouldn't say it performs quite as well. It can be a little difficult to push back and forth and I discovered you do have to get a technique going to get the best from of it. It does require bags also which although I haven't checked for price yet do detract it from the bagless vacuum cleaners you can buy. All in all the Miele is a very well made product. It does look good to given what it is and performance is ok. It is also not too noisy. All things considered then (price another consideration, although of course I appreciate I didn't buy mine) this isn't a bad vacuum at all. My only other criticism is the actual storage of the thing. The tube does get in the way and that does mean that storage is a bit less compact than I'd prefer.

Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner - 5 g, N1 Black
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner - 5 g, N1 Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 8 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a simple product really but results have been perfectly acceptable. My wife likes this eyeliner and finds it easy to apply (easier than her standard product) so given these factors it is a thumbs up from us.

Philips BRT381/15 BikiniGenie Trimmer
Philips BRT381/15 BikiniGenie Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact trimmer if a touch noisy, 8 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little trimmer comes with a pouch for storage and also a trimmer cover to ensure that when you use it, it will cut to the level you want. The guard means you can't cut yourself and given the areas this is used, that additional peace of mind certainly helps. It is a touch noisy but does do a nice job and given its quite small size it is easy to handle. With better weather coming (hopefully) bikini's are likely to feature more and more. If so, this sort of product ensures you can wear such things with confidence. Fundamentally, this is a decent product that does a decent job. There isn't a lot to be critical of here in my view so I'd recommend it.

Butterflies Address Book (Address Books)
Butterflies Address Book (Address Books)
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet delicate design and a well made address book, 4 Feb. 2015
I bought this as a gift for my wife and she loves it. The delicate, pretty design is just lovely and is well set against a cream background. For a simple, well made yet cheap address book that is sure to last many years this really has to be considered. Outstanding.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20