Profile for rattus > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Silverline 427551 Spray Nozzle Brass 0.5-inch Male
Silverline 427551 Spray Nozzle Brass 0.5-inch Male

5.0 out of 5 stars If yoy need a brass nozzle, this is the one., 3 May 2017
A good quality nozzle at a really cheap price. Much better than the plastic nozzles that can cost more.

Pro Bypass Secateurs - 30% Less Effort Rotating Handle Garden Hand Pruners, Finger Protection, Long Lasting - Sharp Heavy Duty Pruning Scissors Gardening Tool. Experience It Now!
Offered by DavaonLtd

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to your garden toolshed., 7 Dec. 2016
Bought a pair of these secateurs for my partner who found her older secateurs were too painful to use (thin handles putting too much pressure on a small area of her palm). She is delighted with these and has given them a good workout.
They are very comfortable to use the swivelling handle does improve the comfort.
The only things I have found as "niggles" are that in operation when the guard rotates I tend to catch my thumb nail on it (should trim my nails really) but moving my hand down the handle a tad solves this. The other thing is that in use the operation of the secateurs can become "sticky" where they are reluctant to open freely. However, a drop of oil sorts that and helps to maintain the blades, so no bad thing really. (I do clean and oil after use too).
These are very made and if they ever get damaged / disappear, I'll be buying this secateur again.
Highly recommended.

The Destroyer
The Destroyer

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a book reader but . . ., 4 April 2016
This review is from: The Destroyer (Kindle Edition)
I am not a book reader normally. However, recently I bought the book "Look Who's Back" and over some time managed to finish it with a few breaks. I looked for a new read and came accross this book. The reviews were very good so thought I would give it a punt.
For a non-reader, I surprised myself in finishing it in under a week. It is very well written and the the way the author describes the scenes and characters makes it so easy to picture in the imagination.
I'm going to purchase the second installment in this series and continue the story.
A recommended read.

Neutrik NPT3RC Right angled 3 5mm Jack plug Professional, Bl
Neutrik NPT3RC Right angled 3 5mm Jack plug Professional, Bl
Offered by GiftLocalUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack in a bag., 23 Feb. 2016
I have a pair of JVC XX earphones which aren't the most expensive earphones, but I like them.
I dug them out the other day to find the wire going into the jack plug was a little loose. Tried them and yup, no sound through either channel.
Pulling back the rubber cover on the plug showed the strengthening cord inside the cable still connected but both wires had snapped.
Spotted this jack plug and thought I'd give it a go. The only issues I had was my eyesight (used a helping hands with magnifier to improve things) and a little difficulty screwing the cover with black boot on. For some reason it kept cross threading, but perseverance sorted that.
This plug is a massive improvement on the original. It feels more secure, you're not risking pulling the cable when removing the jack (unlike the original plug which was very short with very little to grip).
The quality of the components are top rate making this very good value for money.
Another bonus is if the cable snaps again, you can repeat the procedure with the same plug.
Highly recommended.

KES PCH200A3 Quarter Turn Tap Valves/Cartridges with METAL Lever Heads 1/2" for Kitchen Bathroom Faucet Bid Tap, Chrome
Offered by KES Home Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Great valve / handle combination., 1 Feb. 2016
I bought 2 sets which were the 3/8" - 1/2" ones that have bee superseded by the 1/2" ones listed here.
One of the better looking tap handles which are easy to fit and are great for the more modern look and being better for turning the tap on when you have mucky hands.
The valves as I mentioned before were the smaller diameter which fitted perfectly. Unfortunately one of the cold valves produced a drip. I refitted my original cold valve with the new handle and left it at that. I didn't want to have to remove the valves and handles to return to Amazon and could put up with the cold tap sitting slightly higher.
But . . . I received an email from KES asking if all was OK. I replied mentioning the dripping cold valve. They arranged for a replacement to be sent out FOC. This arrived in due course and was fitted with no drip.
Very good valve / handle combination and excellent service from the supplier.
A recommended product all round.

Aquostic (Stripped Bare)
Aquostic (Stripped Bare)

5.0 out of 5 stars Put the denims back on lads!, 26 Oct. 2014
Okay, I admit it. I bought this album for the "other 'arf's" birthday as the joke present. I've liked Quo since, well, I can't remember. I suppose I've always liked them. However, my beloved one tends to like the earlier songs like paper plane, ice in the sun etc over the later songs.
She however could not stand Marguerita Time (even made me fast forward it on their film Bula Quo!).
But, the idea backfired and she loves this CD (hope it doesn't mean I have to get her a replacement joke pressie).
The songs are so easy to listen to and are very laid back and there are some bits that puts a smile on my face. They have redone the songs to a very high standard and to be quite honest, I feel they are as good as the original versions.
Only one thing, for me, would have made it better . . . . . including "In My Chair", my favourite.
I hope Quo will release another album in this style (that includes In My Chair of course).
I'm off to listen to it again.
Cheers

Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera Body (24.1 MP, 3.2 inch LCD)
Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera Body (24.1 MP, 3.2 inch LCD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Blimey., 18 Feb. 2014
I'm not going to repeat what the other 5 star reviews have stated about this camera . . . . I'm just going to agree with them.
Like others, I had debated about going full frame, but couldn't justify the cost as it's only a hobby (huh), and the D7100 has soooo much going for it.
It is a revelation when compared to my previous camera (a D60 which I had taken some really nice shots with). The extra focus points add a whole dimension when you're only used to 3! The focusing is very quick and accurate, and with most settings being selectable via button and command wheel (and the secondary wheel too) it is a joy to use.
Image quality if fantastic but I may now have to upgrade the PC so I can process the RAWs a little quicker.
Would I recommend this camera . . . . . . . . Yup!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for your D7100, 27 Oct. 2013
Bought this 2 screen kit for my new camera. Read the reviews and was forewarned about the main screen cover being slightly smaller.
Fitted the smaller one first and no problem there. Fitted the second and again, no problem.
Clarity is perfect. You cannot tell that they are on there. They seem to be of very good quality and adhere to the screens very well indeed.
Simple to fit and un-noticeable. Perfect!

Chilling Out
Chilling Out

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope there's more in the pipeline . . . . . . ., 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Chilling Out (MP3 Download)
This is Tony's second collection of songs (after the "Crank it up" album) and is a very good selection that is a little more laid back.
I've been listening to it for a while now and I must admit that every time I play it, it grows on me more and more.
A very good second album that will hopefully pave the way for many more.
Play the samples and see what you think.

Crank It Up
Crank It Up

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome return., 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Crank It Up (MP3 Download)
I've been hoping that Tony Bourge would start making music again for some time and now the wait is over (at last).
Being a long time fan of Budgie and regarding Tony as the best guitarist they had (and one of Wales' best rock guitarists ever, IMHO), he has been missed by the fans who appreciated his talent.
This collection of songs is very varied in styles and substance, making for an album which is sooooo easy listening.
Try the samples and see what you think.
I think it's a cracking album and a great re-emergence back into the art of music making.
Let's hope this is the start of bigger things for Tony.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4