Profile for Penguin > Reviews

Content by Penguin

Penguin

TROTEC Dehumidifier TTK 68 E (max. 20l/day)
TROTEC Dehumidifier TTK 68 E (max. 20l/day)
Offered by Trotec24

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the best machine at a really good price., 17 Dec. 2016
We actually own 3 dehumidifiers now including this one, one of which I've always believed to be the best on the market, Ebac. I WAS WRONG ,by far. Trotec has to be the best dehumidifier out there in my opinion, this model in particular, the TTK 68E. It is very futuristic looking and on switching on a vent slowly opens automatically which is where the air is blown out. When you touch to switch off this slowly closes again stopping any dust/debris getting inside. The controls hardly need to be touched to use, unlike some others that you 'press'. The reason you buy a dehumidifier is to remove damp/moisture. This takes out approximately twice what either of my two others removes and brings the humidity in the room lower, stopping damp, mildew, smells etc. We have a pretty damp house and it has at times taken 3 litres of water out. I did have a dehumidifer in each of two bedrooms but have just put this on the landing with three doors open and although not as good as putting it in a room with the door closed it is still very impressive and has humidity using my cheap wall sensor at 48%. Our humidity before using any was up to 80%. Now it doesn't come close to that. Out of three different dehumidifiers I can only recommend the Trotec TTK 68E. The reason being it is a very advanced machine, futuristic looking, does what it should but also dries washing much quicker and better than any of my others. I'd read it has a drier function but until you use it you don't realise how good it is. On top of all that. it is equal in price to a much less sophisticated machine and much cheaper than the one I thought was top of the range, which can cost £300-400+. Very very highly recommended.

Bedside Alarm Clock - Unique LED Teak Wood Cube
Bedside Alarm Clock - Unique LED Teak Wood Cube
Offered by iconnectdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as a block of wood, even better as a clock., 29 Jun. 2016
Best clock we've ever come across. Slightly complicated to set up but no more so than many. I had time date, one alarm and voice control set in about 5 minutes maximum. Still more to learn at time of writing. I've noticed on some there's a dimmer and a snooze, but I suspect they are ALL the same wherever you buy them. Mine cost a sixth of what's on here and has time, day & date, temperature, voice (or sound) control and three alarms.12/24 hour format There is only one setting so far where you have to press a button then quickly make that setting, but once you realise that it isn't difficult to do. There also seems to be various display settings, maybe three e.g. scrolling through time, date, temp etc.continually, or from time to display you choose then back to time, and maybe a third display, I'm still learning. I had read up on it before buying and was impressed IF it did all it said. I've now been playing for 10 minutes on and off and am just as impressed if not more so. I would recommend this to anyone, especially if the price is right as mine was.

Jigsaw [DVD]
Jigsaw [DVD]
Offered by Cornish Treasure

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish, 30 May 2016
This review is from: Jigsaw [DVD] (DVD)
This has to be the lamest film I've ever come across. If you've ever seen Saw and enjoyed it, DO NOT BUY THIS. I am at a loss for words as to how to describe just how bad it is. I'm not a film maker and now being in my 50's I think I'd have to go back many years to be able to make a film like it. If as a child I was given a movie camera and decided I was going to make a film, maybe this is what I'd have come up with. Hopefully not though as that would really have ruined my street cred. Just noticed you have to be over 13 to write a review...bit unfair as an under 13 might give this garbage a better review. No offence to under 13's. Spoiler alert: It really can't spoil it. People sat around talking. Trim up dummy parts for an art class, stick it together, dummy comes alive and goes after people for new body parts, admittedly no reason as it doesn't get enough to make a new dummy. The end.

4 Leaf Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, 1L
4 Leaf Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, 1L

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 leaf, or tripe?, 10 Feb. 2016
If you are looking for 4 leaf Balsamic, DO NOT BUY THIS. It may say 4 leaf on the label but it doesn't even come close. This has to be my worst buy EVER on Amazon. It may be black, it may even be a bit sweet, but it is not the thick sticky substance that I know to be 4 leaf. I buy mine from Sainsbury and there is no comparison. I will never buy this again. I should have realised when I found it is actually Costco's own label (Kirkland), but researching it, they say they find the best products to put their name (Kirkland) to. This is not a true 4 leaf, and Costco's claim is tripe. Unfortunately it didn't come directly from Costco or I'd have returned it. I certainly won't be buying either this product, or from this seller again.

sourcingmap® Chocolate Color Wood Handle Brown Faux Hair Kongfu Teapot Clean Brush 6.3" Long

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless brush, 18 Jan. 2015
This is described as a teapot cleaning brush but I'd say it is completely useless for that. It is so soft it's more like a make-up brush and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what it actually is, trying to get more buyers by selling it with a different use. I'd have accepted it as a make-up brush if I hadn't just bought the wife a very good full set of make-up brushes, and at a much better price. As it is this is now of no use whatsoever to us.

Nora Roberts 5 Books 10 Titles Collection Pack Set RRP: £39.95 (Stars, Engaging the Enemy, Love by Design, Irish Hearts, Going Home)
by Nora Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars 10 titles, 15 Nov. 2014
Very misleading stating 5 books 10 titles, then only giving 5 names. I've therefore searched and found the details for those like myself who need it. It actually does seem to be 10 titles, each book containing two titles, as follows:

Irish Hearts
(Irish thoroughbred & Irish Rose)

Time and Again
(Time Was & Times Change)

Table for Two
(Summer Desserts & Lessons Learned)

Reflections and Dreams
(Reflections & Dance of Dreams)

Summer Pleasures
(Second Name & One Summer)

Those Were The Days
Those Were The Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully, helpful review, 15 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Those Were The Days (Audio CD)
I bought this collection at an excellent price from possibly the biggest seller on here only to find Disc 8 was missing from a 'Very Good' description. I did get a full refund but then playing the discs found some to be jumping and despite cleaning didn't change. So, beware. Having listened to some of the discs we have decided to purchase it again, in the hope of getting a perfect collection. That should show how good we think it is. We are fussy, but have found it to be an excellent collection. Admittedly most tracks "Have been re-recorded by the original artist or one or more members of the original group" apart from a handful of "Original recordings", but we still found it worth buying for the music that's on there and in spite of all the faults found it good enough to now be purchasing a 2nd copy of it so we can hopefully listen to all 8cd's and hear them without them jumping. I may not pay full price but that's more me being tight than the quality of the set. At the price you can buy it on here, it is more than worth it,

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Kill the b*****ds, 2 Oct. 2013
I have purchased these elsewhere. As someone says...very cruel. Not to the mice or rats, but to me as I am now over run with rats. I liked the idea of the person who says take them outside and pour oil on them. If I ever manage to catch one I might try that, pour oil on it then set fire to it. Or maybe just use a flame thrower. If you knew the trouble I now have having purchased these thinking they'd work you'd understand my sadistic streak. They certainly did not work for me.

Amish Cooking
Amish Cooking
by Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Amish, 18 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Amish Cooking (Hardcover)
I was very very disappointed in this book. Had I seen a better review or got a look at the book before I bought it I would not have bothered. It says it has sections on various things, including canning, curing meat etc, but this is to say the least, a little misleading. It consists of eight pages of mostly recipes with some hints on canning. Similarly with the Meat Curing 'section', 20 pages, again mostly recipes with few hints on actual curing, no pictures to show or explain etc, no pics as in other books I've seen of curing pits, salt boxes etc etc.
On first glance you wouldn't know this was anything other than just a traditional cookbook and if you take time to search through it you will still be disappointed.
I would advise not to buy this book unless you are just after a cookbook. If you want to learn about canning, curing etc the best book I've ever come across is STOCKING UP Edited by Carol Hupping Stoner. It's more expensive but worth much more. I'm sure most people wouldn't need to know but it even gives advice on canning in high altitude areas (if you are at anything from 1,000ft to 10,000 ft. I bought this months ago and wish I'd just stuck with it instead of thinking the Amish one could be better.