Profile for E's Mummy > Reviews

E's Mummy (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Crock-Pot 1.8L Saute Rice Cooker Black
Crock-Pot 1.8L Saute Rice Cooker Black

1.0 out of 5 stars It's useless. It doesn't cook evenly so we get hard ..., 18 Nov. 2014
We bought this to replace our trusty 10+ year old tefal rice cooker. We use our rice cooker most days, or at least we did until we bought this one. It's useless. It doesn't cook evenly so we get hard grains on the top, and it has a design flaw such that the condensation that builds up runs down the inside of it, leaving the rice around the edge to because a mushy soup. Soggy rice is grim! The non-stick pan sticks too, so if you leave rice on the keep warm funciton, the bottom because brown and crisp, the sides are mush and the top's not cooked.

A couple of months in and we're about to bin it and look for a replacement. I expect we'll go for another tefal

Diggers Sticker Book
Diggers Sticker Book
by Sam Taplin

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy little boy on Christmas morning, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Diggers Sticker Book (Paperback)
My construction-site mad toddler got one of these in his stocking and it kept him quiet for a long stretch on Christmas morning. A big hit

Curious George  - Follow That Monkey [DVD]
Curious George - Follow That Monkey [DVD]
Dvd ~ Norton Virgien
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 8 Jan. 2014
My children adore Curious George and have seen the first film countless times. They're not keen on this one for some reason. I haven't watched it so I can't add more than that, but I do recommend the first film over this.

Remote Control Electronic Train with Sounds for Wooden Railways
Remote Control Electronic Train with Sounds for Wooden Railways
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Train-mad 2 year old loves it, 8 Jan. 2014
easy to operate, sturdy, what's not to love! Worth every penny - much better quality than other battery operated engines we've had in the past

Numberjacks - Numberjacks Are On Their Way [DVD]
Numberjacks - Numberjacks Are On Their Way [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love it!, 8 Jan. 2014
My husband and I hate the Numberjacks - it's so boring! But both our kids LOVE it!! This keeps them quiet on a wet afternoon. My 2 year old says he is Agent 4 and practices jumping off the arm of the sofa!

Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker / Rimsky-Korsakov: Christmas Eve [Prunella Scales] [Naxos Children's Classics]

2.0 out of 5 stars Need to crank up the volume to hear it!, 8 Jan. 2014
I thought my daughter (aged 5) would love this. Her favourite bedtime story is The Nutcracker and she loves the music. But the sound quality is poor and you have to keep adjusting the volume in order to hear the story and the quieter passages of music, then lower it or risk your eardrums for the louder bits. I wouldn't recommend this one

Spiderman Rapid Fire Web Shooter
Spiderman Rapid Fire Web Shooter

3.0 out of 5 stars a short-lived hit over Christmas, 8 Jan. 2014
My son, age 3, was desperate for a web shooter so Santa brought him one. This is easy to operate and he does love it, my complaints are that the 'webs' are small and not at all weblike (they are like blunt darts), so 3 out of 5 got lost on Christmas morning, on top of high cupboards, etc. It also shoots with high velocity which means that the darts can hurt. My fear - and admittedly some of this is because I've given the toy to a child younger than the recommended age - is that he will accidentally shoot himself in the eye when loading it. The shooter has a rotating barrel so it may look empty but there could be a dart loaded in the chamber. Obviously if he's looking in and applies pressure to the trigger... To be honest, I still worry about this with my 6 year old, as its an easy accident to happen. We've had several lost of tears from older sibling resulting from close range shooting incidents.

In fact the darts shoot out so fast it's not really suitable as an indoor toy. But the small grey darts would be lost in an instant if I let him loose with it in the garden/park.

It's OK for the price but I won't be replacing it when the remaining darts have disappeared

Sagaform Whiskey Stones, Grey
Sagaform Whiskey Stones, Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap knock off, 2 Dec. 2013
I ordered Sagaform Whisky Stones from Express Trading and received a cheap imitation product which is not fit for giving as a Christmas present. Trying to get my money back but they're stalling. Terrible service

The Killing Place: (Rizzoli & Isles series 8)
The Killing Place: (Rizzoli & Isles series 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Way beyond the realms of reality but enjoyable, 9 Sept. 2013
I hate it that I'm addicted to these books - this, like the others, was totally farfetched and ridiculous but a good read!

Pop Up Pirate Children's Preschool Action Game
Pop Up Pirate Children's Preschool Action Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for little ones!, 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Pop Up Pirate (Toy)
My (just turned) 2 year old and my 4.5 year old love playing this. It's a simple game of chance that's great for teaching younger children about taking turns. I'd say it's suitable from about 18m, depending on how dextrous the child is.

My only gripe is that it doesn't come with spare swords. My son lost 2 swords on the day we bought it (I suspect he posted them down the floorboards grrrrr) and over time a few more have gone missing. It's only £6 on amazon so I've bought a second one to use for spares, but still, shame it doesn't come with a couple of extras.

At £6 I've bought a couple for my birthday party drawer. It'll make a nice present for boys or girls aged 2-4

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4