Profile for Evelfa > Reviews

Content by Evelfa

Evelfa

BalanceFrom GoYoga All-Purpose 12mm Extra Thick High Density Anti-Tear Exercise Mat with Carrying Strap (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, exactly what I needed, 16 Jan. 2016
Great, so comfortable!

Japanese English Bilingual Visual Dictionary
Japanese English Bilingual Visual Dictionary
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect learning aid, 3 Aug. 2014
I love this dictionary! I actually find myself looking through it and reading all the words because the pictures make it so much more interesting! Would definitely recommend to anyone who's learning

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars They give me a bit of a headache, but I compensate, 3 Aug. 2014
Very comfortable specs, it looks like from the picture that the lenses are going to be small, but they're not, they're a fine size.
They give me a bit of a headache after prolonged use (but that's probably just me), so I tend to only use them for about 10 minutes at a time to give my neck a break, then I go back to sitting upright without them again. That method works great for me

Kana Flashcards: Learn and Remember Kana in a Flash With Visual and Verbal Mnemonics
by Max Hodges
Edition: Cards

4.0 out of 5 stars Great study aids, 11 May 2014
These have come in very useful for my learning, before bed each night i pull them out. shuffle them and go through them a few times and it's really aided my memory.

Brave [DVD] [2012]
Brave [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Kelly Macdonald
Offered by Assai-uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Expected more from pixar, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Brave [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I seem to be in small boat here with my opinion but I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the film.

When it comes to pixar I'm used to imaginative and non-cliched stories such as Wall-E, Finding Nemo, and Up. But this film wasn't like that, the storyline is one of the most predictable stories I've ever seen. I'm usually quite bad at picking up on story lines and usually most of my friends/family have figured out the plot long before I have. I'd expect it from a normal Disney film, but not Pixar. I even heard tell that Pixar admitted that they didn't try too hard with the film and just wanted to get a film out with a female lead, I don't know if this is true, but if it is I can see it.

Overall I wasn't very impressed. Most people say to me that it's a kids film but then so are all the other pixar films...
I ended up leaving the cinema feeling very unfulfilled after all the hype when it came out...

Dolphin Confidential: Confessions of a Field Biologist
Dolphin Confidential: Confessions of a Field Biologist
by Maddalena Bearzi

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and a great story. Couldn't put it down!, 1 Sept. 2012
I'm a budding marine mammal biologist so I was overjoyed when this book first came out, and despite not really having the money I bought it anyway.
I've always liked reading autobiographies as they're real stories with real challenges in them. This book presents just that. I couldn't put it down. It filled me with so much hope and re-ignited my passion (not that it was dwindling too much, but times a difficult these days), it really helped me get back on the horse, or boat if you will, as, although the author didn't face the same problems that I have now, there were still problems that had to be overcome and reading about someone who overcame their obstacles has really helped me in my time of doubt.
From a less personal point of view the book is well written and has a fabulous story to follow. The passion and inspiration that you pull from the book are very strong and the experiences well described. I recommend this to anyone who's an environmentalist especially with the ocean in mind.

Swees 4GB MP3 Player with FM Radio - Black
Swees 4GB MP3 Player with FM Radio - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 9 Jan. 2012
This is the worst Mp3 player I've owned!
It saves music into folders divided into artist, then album which makes it difficult (though doable) to get to a specific song/album you want to listen to.
If you leave it on pause for about a minute it turns itself off and goes right back to the first song listed which is frustrating if you want to go back to where you originally were.
I don't understand the battery life, sometimes it lasts a long time, other times it lasts only a few hours and apparently when the battery life says its halfway down that actually means that its going to die any second, though that might just be my particular product.

I would NOT recommend this product and the only reason I'm still using it is because I can't afford another one.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2012 10:04 PM BST

Fire Bringer
Fire Bringer
by David Clement-Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars New favourite book!, 30 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Fire Bringer (Paperback)
I finished this book last night and it was one of the best books I have ever read! Every night I was reading it I went to bed early just to read it and still ended up staying up until about 3:00 am!

This book is a must for any animal lover, it has imagination in the prophecies of the deer and the characters are very well developed. The cliffhangers at the end of each chapter are annoying at times though simply because you want to find out what happens! The emotion is very well written and you can feel it as you read, there is a mix of happiness and sadness in the book which means that it's rather difficult to guess exactly what's going to happen next. It has adult themes at times in the sense of violence.
The only thing that really annoyed me about this book was that the chapters were rather large, but that's only because I'm a slow reader and don't like to stop in the middle of a chapter.

Like I said, one of the best books I've ever read!