Profile for Alan Pottinger > Reviews

Content by Alan Pottinger

Alan Pottinger "pottingera" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Tyrell Genetic Replicants Inspired By Blade Runner Grey T-Shirt Large
Tyrell Genetic Replicants Inspired By Blade Runner Grey T-Shirt Large
Offered by Postees

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 9 Jun. 2016
Well made, good quality Tshirt - surprised at what exceptionally good value for money this was

Midgets vs Mascots [DVD]
Midgets vs Mascots [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gary Coleman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm surprised at myself, 11 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Midgets vs Mascots [DVD] (DVD)
I'm embarrassed to say I bought this for my partner as a joke and we watched it expecting very little in return, but I'm embarrassed to say that although completely un PC I laughed out load in a couple of places - it's got lots of flaws and is inconsistent in it's pacing but for a moment of mindless anarchy after a busy week it obviously hit the right spot

Room 237
Room 237
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't even be bothered to yawn, 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Room 237 (DVD)
What can I say - are these people for real? One of the most tedious and pointless things I've ever watched - I managed to watch about half of it before deciding that life is too short to be bothered and so I implore you think twice, I'm sure you have better things to do with your evening than listening to the random nonsense of the deluded!

In the Woods [1999] [DVD] [2007]
In the Woods [1999] [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ D.J. Perry
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the packaging, 12 Jan. 2014
This has got to have been one of the most dreadfully cheap budget films I've seen in a long time - looks very made for TV and the plot is ridiculous - choose something else instead

Street without a Name: Childhood and Other Misadventures in Bulgaria
Street without a Name: Childhood and Other Misadventures in Bulgaria
by Kapka Kassabova

5.0 out of 5 stars Shadows and truths, 20 Oct. 2011
I took this to read whilst in Sofia and it captures the echoes that are cast amongst the shiny new shops and fast food chains. It explores the histories written into the faces of the elderly people who shuffle along the boulevards. It's a fantastic read and inspired me to explore more of the country and look beyond my costa coffee as I sat in what was once the palace of culture ... You wont be disappointed by this book.

Red Road [DVD] [2006]
Red Road [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Kate Dickie
Offered by vivaverve

5.0 out of 5 stars True Grit, 9 May 2008
This review is from: Red Road [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
A fantastic film that had myself and a group of friends guessing throughout and lots of food for thought afterwards. The quality of the acting was superb as was the pace. We had watched Sherrybaby the week before that attempted at raw emotion, this supersedes anything I've seen for a long time and makes the attempts coming out of Hollywood look rather limp and pathetic.

More Seasonal Cooking
More Seasonal Cooking
by Claire Macdonald

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, 11 Nov. 2007
This review is from: More Seasonal Cooking (Paperback)
I bought this after reading reviews of several of this authors cookery books however I felt a little underwhelmed by the recipes. Although there a reasonable amount of really tasty dishes some, particularly her puddings, were awful! I also felt that some starters were far to boring for a dinner party and so alas this book has found its way into the recyling box.

The God of Small Things
The God of Small Things
by Arundhati Roy

4.0 out of 5 stars The beauty is in the small things, 10 Oct. 2007
I was captivated - a story that unfolds with beauty and seduces you onwards providing you teasing snippets, you soon realise the tragedy about to happen but not the full context, like overhearing a conversation and having to get closer and closer until you unravel the whispered secrets. As a wordsmith Ms Roy has produced passages so sumptuous that they have stuck with me long after putting the book down. Yes, at times the book is not the easiest to read, I'd agree with some of the negative reviewers here, I too had to keep jogging my memory as to which character was related to whom and why, but don't let them put you off its so worth the effort.

Effortless Entertaining
Effortless Entertaining
by Simone Sekers

1.0 out of 5 stars Why Bother ?, 17 Aug. 2006
This cookbook was neither effortless nor entertaining, fiddly recipes and a book I decided to throw out with the potato peelings - you have been warned!

The Quick After Work Cook Book: Quick and Imaginative Recipes for All Occasions (Coronet Books)
by Jill Cox

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful, 9 July 2006
I would agree with the other reviewer a great little book full of interesting time saving meals.Used it again and again and was never dissapointed by the results.

Page: 1 | 2