Profile for Bathory > Reviews

Content by Bathory

Bathory (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bright Starts rock and glow (unicorn)
Bright Starts rock and glow (unicorn)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little unicorn, 24 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely little unicorn that's gone down very well with a certain little girl whose eyes instantly lit up, even before the unicorn horn did!. It's very colourful and has nice big, easy to press buttons, which say a few little things; numbers, shapes, colours in English, French or Spanish depending on the setting. But the main attraction and definitely the 'go to' part is the horn, which when touched makes it light up and flash along with making the unicorn rock on the spot or gallop around in different directions. There's definitely plenty going on with the lights, sounds and movement to keep a baby's attention and interest.

A simple but effective toy that's been an instant hit.

Regrowz Natural Hair Loss Remedy for 6 Months
Regrowz Natural Hair Loss Remedy for 6 Months

3.0 out of 5 stars No results yet but it's still early, 24 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had this and been using it about a month now and even though it might take up to 6 months to notice any difference I'm having to write this review now because of Vine rules, so I've left the rating neutral for now as there's no real definitively noticeable difference yet.

Because of the process needed for this product you really have to commit fully to the regime of using it because it's a bit of a faff (at least it feels that way to me). Initially, just before bedtime) you apply the stimulant with the rollerball and massage it into your scalp, leave it for about half an hour and then apply some of the serum and massage that in for a minute. I guess this part isn't that much different to what you'd do when dyeing your hair, so not too bad; apart from the smell. This stuff stinks, it's like a mix of a few awful smells which adds up to horrible.

But the worst part is then leaving it on overnight.A shower cap is definitely a good idea, but I'm a restless sleeper who tosses and turns a lot during the night so I've found that lying towels down over my pillows is also a good idea to stop the pillow cases getting stained. Unfortunately none of that rids me of the awful smell in my nostrils, but time will tell if this inconvenience has been worth it.

Meguair`s G16402EU Air Re-Fresher
Meguair`s G16402EU Air Re-Fresher

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as a one-off, 11 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd never used anything like this before so was interested to see what it'd be like. It's very easy to use; just have the car running, make sure the a/c in on full with the air circulating press the button down on the can and shut the door and let it do its thing for 15 minutes. The freshener sprays up from the nozzle at the top of the can and the fan circulates it around the car and through the a/c system. The clean/fresh/new car smell is apparent as soon as you open the door afterwards but it's not a harsh smell and seems to dissipate fairly quickly as you get used to it. The seats/dash didn't feel at all damp and there was no visible residue or anything so all good. It certainly works, it just doesn't last too long, and maybe not as long as I would've expected for the price.

I'll admit to not realising it's a one use only can and as such considering the 'fresh' smell doesn't last that long at over £12 it would seem a bit pricey to use all the time like a normal type of car air freshener but I'd imagine that for infrequent use or even at specific time, like if you were selling your car privately it'd probably be a good idea to use then so at least your car would smell clean to prospective buyers.

George Foreman 23420 Family 5-Portion Grill, Black
George Foreman 23420 Family 5-Portion Grill, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite kitchen appliance, 11 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ever since I first tried a George Foreman Grill many years ago I've rarely been without one (only really until I've got round to getting a replacement) so getting this only a couple of weeks after our last one gave up the ghost was a pleasant coincidence.

The basic design is so simple and really hasn't changed much over the years; I'm pretty sure the first one I had didn't have the floating hinge, but this is a great design and helps to cook things more evenly. The fat collecting tray is a little better than the previous models I've owned since it slots into the base of the unit instead of being loose. Cleaning the non-stick plates is also easy enough, as long as you keep on top of them, cleaning them sooner rather than later always helps.

Our last one of these lasted 4 1/2 years and gets plenty of use so for the price of these I don't think there can be any complaints.

SPEEDLINK Ferus Full-Size Gaming Keyboard - Black
SPEEDLINK Ferus Full-Size Gaming Keyboard - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional keyboard, 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As long as you're not expecting anything special (this is never going to compare to the more expensive gaming keyboards), this keyboard is at the very least least functional. In reality the gaming aspect is limited to the hotkeys and the fact you can change the WASD/arrow keys to red instead of black (which is very easy and quick to do using the tool provided).

It's plug&play so works straight out of the box and is comfortable to use to type on, although the keys feel a little loose to me but that'll just be because they're different to what I'm used to. I did try playing a game, but again, compared to a much more expensive gaming keyboard the response wasn't as good as I'm used to, but that's to be expected.

To be honest and to be fair, I'd rate this a 4 as a functional keyboard with a couple of extras rather than a full-blown gaming keyboard, for which it'd probably be more like a 2, but that's comparing it to keyboards 5x+ the price which can be out of some people's price range and for the basics it's fine.

Sigel LP503 Premium Copier Paper Multifunctional, 80gsm, A4 (3x500 sheets)
Sigel LP503 Premium Copier Paper Multifunctional, 80gsm, A4 (3x500 sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality copier paper, 24 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Sigel premium paper is good quality 80gsm copier paper (just note that it is copier paper so don't be expecting thick quality because of the premium tag) and for general home/office use it's great. I've tried it using a monotone laser printer and a colour inkjet and it's handled both absolutely fine with prints coming out clear. The paper itself is quite bright, which helps with how crisp the prints look. Usually I just buy cheap copier paper less than half the price of this paper, which serves my uses just fine, and I was actually surprised that the difference in quality of the prints was noticeable, even just with text. But then you get what you pay for.

Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones - Black
Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 12 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In recent years I've got used to wearing over headphones again rather than the in-ear type, but of course when it comes to training/working out then you can't exactly manage with big cans on your head! As such these more discrete headphones are much more fitting and these Bose SoundSport ones are the best of this type I've tried.

Being wireless might not be essential but is still very handy and I've had no problems with connection drop-outs. I was never too keen on wearing in-ear headphones for very long because I tend to get pain in my ears from them if I do, but the style of the buds on these headphones are actually very comfortable and fit nice and tight, which if course they really need to when you're moving around quite a bit. Sound wise I wasn't expecting fantastic quality but was pleasantly surprised; while not going to compete with top of the range headphones they still sound pretty good and for the type/style of headphones they are you'd be hard pushed to find much better. I noticed another reviewer mention the battery charge didn't last for the estimated 6 hours, I'm quite glad I don't work out with them :) if you're going for wireless then they'll always need to be charged and I'm personally never going to be working out for anywhere near 6 hours at a time so I can't see that being a problem.

Great headphones for their intended purpose.

FUTURO 46200EN Large Surgical Binder and Abdominal Support
FUTURO 46200EN Large Surgical Binder and Abdominal Support

3.0 out of 5 stars Ineffectual for me, 12 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perhaps I was expecting too much. Maybe my body shape just isn't suited to to this support, my abdomen certainly doesn't look like the one on the front of the product box!

Upon receiving the product initially I had quite high hopes; the support itself looked fairly small ( to the extent that I doubted it'd even fit) and had really good tension/strength to it when I tried pulling on it. Because of this it wasn't the easiest thing getting on by myself but I managed and once on I was quite surprised by how comfortable it felt. So all seemed fine. The problem was that it soon became apparent that I didn't feel like I was getting the slightest bit of support from it at all. I usually get most pain through the night so wanted to try wearing this while sleeping and that's when I found (quite possibly due to my less than flat body!) that the support had folded over on itself and again, not helped me at all. I can understand that this may not be the intended purpose of it and that it may well suit other people and work for them so it'd be wrong for me to say it's a bad product, it just didn't work for me, night or day.

Nivea Sun Protect and Sensitive Sun Spray High SPF 50, 200ml
Nivea Sun Protect and Sensitive Sun Spray High SPF 50, 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective suncream, 12 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As someone who manages to get sunburnt in the rain and likes to attend the odd festival in the summer some form of high factor sunblock type cream is always going to be a good idea, even if I don't bother half the time, but of course I do end up paying for that!

This Nivea factor 50 cream has a nice consistency and doesn't remain at all sticky once rubbed into the skin. I do prefer using spray on creams because in my head they're less messy, although to be honest I'm not sure that's true since you tend to rub them all in to the skin anyway. Either way, this cream has worked well so far, I don't usually expose much flesh but that I did has not burnt so far after remembering to use this cream and before then (and I was serious about when it rained!) I did, so I'm in no doubt that the product works and I've had no rashes or other adverse effects from using it, so all is good.

3M Gel 650 x 260mm Wrist Rest Keyboard Platform with Mouse Mat with Gel Wrist Rest - Black Leatherette

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 27 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This rest is pretty heavy and feels really solidly built, which is a good start. The base is hard and I have no doubt at all that it's going to be durable and last a long time. Even the leatherette rest feels like it'll last because it doesn't give very much but I still find it very comfortable to rest my wrists on. Even without much give I don't find it hard at all, it gives plenty of support.

It does seem quite expensive for what it is, but knowing I'll get many years of use out of it makes it seem a lot more of a worthwhile purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20