Profile for Gary Clarke > Reviews

Content by Gary Clarke

Gary Clarke (Caerphilly UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Redber Costa Rica, Coffee Roasted to Order (Medium Dark, Bean 1kg)
Redber Costa Rica, Coffee Roasted to Order (Medium Dark, Bean 1kg)
Offered by Redber

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Coffee, 12 Jun. 2015
Tesco stopped selling their finest Costa Rica coffee, for some strange reason which really annoyed me - so I had to find a replacement -
also decided to get my grinder out, well worth it this coffee is even better so delicious, in the evening I'm already thinking about this coffee and looking forward to the mornings to drink it.

Sony HT-CT380B schwarz
Sony HT-CT380B schwarz
Offered by DB Technology srl

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Not great, 9 Jun. 2015
I was so fed up with the poor tinny sound from our Samsung LCD TV in our kitchen so I bought this, lack of space prevented me getting a proper surround system, like the 7 mission speakers, pioneer amp and kuro 60" plasma I have in the lounge (my wife calls it Stonehenge).
This system is a vast improvement on the TV speakers but I am still a bit disappointed, its good for general tv watching but not so good for music, it does not go very loud without distorting and the base is not very punchy even at maximum distorted volume it is not very loud.
Also a major flaw is the hdmi switching - one of the main reasons I chose this model for 3 hdmi inputs - does not work with sky on input 1 and apple tv on input 2 , sky works but I cannot get it to switch to apple tv like I can on other systems I have, very frustrating.

Sony HT-CT380 Soundbar Speaker with Wireless Subwoofer - Black
Sony HT-CT380 Soundbar Speaker with Wireless Subwoofer - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Not great, 9 Jun. 2015
Also a major flaw is the hdmi switching - one of the main reasons I chose thie model for 3 hdmi inputs - does not work with sky on input 1 and apple tv on input 2 , sky works but I cannot get it to switch to apple tv like I can on other systems I have, very frustrating.

GFM Organic Pure Forest Honey 340g x10
GFM Organic Pure Forest Honey 340g x10
Offered by Buy Whole Foods Online

5.0 out of 5 stars so delicious, 28 May 2015
This honey tastes so good - once you try, you will never go back to normal supermarket honey.

Meridian Organic 100 Percent Smooth Peanut Butter 1 Kg (Pack of 3)
Meridian Organic 100 Percent Smooth Peanut Butter 1 Kg (Pack of 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible bitter taste of shells included, 28 May 2015
I love peanut butter and I generally try to find organic products, unfortunately I was persuaded by the numerous mysteriously good reviews, to buy 3 kilos of this sludge - what a mistake.
Firstly - one of the containers arrived leaking, making a right mess of other items in the order.
The main problem though is the horrible bitter taste, nothing like any other peanut butter I've tried before, I think it is because they do not remove the shells - they are just ground up into the product !!
Meridian try and spin this as a positive thing - obviously this saves them a lot of money since must be much easier for them, than removing the shells before grinding - so unless you like the bitter taste of peanut shells, be warned this product taste foul.

HTML5: Learn HTML5 and Javascript Development From Scratch.
HTML5: Learn HTML5 and Javascript Development From Scratch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly awful book, 30 Jan. 2015
This book is so bad, it's almost comical.
Very poor English, very irritating style of writing, Elite publishing ?? for who ? Kindergartens!
This book certainly does not teach anything from scratch, all it does is list some new features and say, they are brilliant so you must use them, that's about it, truly unbelievable.
I would say this is the second worst book I have wasted money on, out of over 3000 i have purchased over the years.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2015 4:36 AM BST

Dark Winter: How the Sun Is Causing a 30-Year Cold Spell
Dark Winter: How the Sun Is Causing a 30-Year Cold Spell

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is a con, 2 Sept. 2014
I realised that the new global warming religion was nonsense 3 years ago, so was attracted to this book.
Please don't waste your money, this book is awful, extremely short (after 15 minutes I was at appendixes), poorly written, basically a con.

SQL Tricks (Advanced Database Programming)
SQL Tricks (Advanced Database Programming)

1.0 out of 5 stars Simple short pointless, 10 Aug. 2014
This book is a con - the title says advanced sql - either the author is lying or he has no idea what advanced sql is.
I'm always on the lookout for good sql books - I wish there were more available, such as those from the only good writers I have found so far, being: Joe Celko, Izek Ben-Gan, Stephane Faroult, Chris Date.
Especially needed for Postgres, for which only boring admin books are available.
This book is mainly about grouping sets and running totals - using outdated techniques, no longer relevant if you have - window functioned aggregates - even ms sql server now has these ( since latest release). Postgres has had them for 6 years but the author did not know this, saying they were only available in db2 and oracle!

Samsung DWFG720SUX 14-Place Dishwasher Class A+ 7 Programs Silver
Samsung DWFG720SUX 14-Place Dishwasher Class A+ 7 Programs Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars washes well but poor reliability - poor drying - flimsy shelf, 25 Jun. 2014
I have been very happy with many stylish samsung products - such as huge fridge freezer, great washing machine, laptops etc
Unfortunately though this design is a dud.
My top of the range Bosch dishwasher packed in after 8 years - I had never been that happy with its washing ability (dull glasses for example) so I went for an alternative.
The Samsung does wash better than the Bosch (sparkling glasses) but it has so many negatives, that they outweigh this.
I was attracted by the space freed up by using a cutlery tray - however cutlery often not then cleaned so not good.
The middle shelf is adjustable - but only 2 positions - either too low so you can't fit large plates below or too high so you cant hardly fit anything in it - its also very flimsy - it broke within 2 weeks of purchase and again after being replaced.
The programme control is annoying because it does not remember your last setting and you can't change the default - which is a pointless unhygienic cold eco mode - you then have to toggle through several options to get what you want - very irritating.
Also even on hottest mode - the machine does not dry very well - many dishes remain wet especially if you don't empty immediately - not very pleasant emptying cold wet dishes.

Anker® USB 3.0 7-Port Hub + 2 Charge-Only Ports - 5V 2.1A and 5V 1.5A, 12V 4A Power Adapter and 3.5-foot USB 3.0 Cable Included

1.0 out of 5 stars failed after 2 months, 25 Jun. 2014
looked great - but failing after 2 months is unforgivable - so will be buying a different brand as replacement
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2014 11:01 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4