Profile for H Morris > Reviews

Content by H Morris

H Morris (Horsham, West Sussex)

Page: 1 | 2
Click Date Repeat
Click Date Repeat

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 24 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Click Date Repeat (Kindle Edition)
Pointless twaddle, so many characters I forgot who was who-only finished reading it in the vain hope it got better- it didn't. Good thing it was free!

Let the Light Shine: (or The Bottle of Tears)
Let the Light Shine: (or The Bottle of Tears)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic book by Nick Alexander, 18 Oct. 2016
I have read all of Nick's books, and this was by far my favourite. I was enthralled from the start and couldn't put it down. His writing style makes you just want to both get to the end and stay buried within the characters' lives. This was a tricky subject to write about, but Nick does it in such a way that it's not too harrowing or upsetting for the reader. Another brilliant book by a brilliant author who gives his readers just what they want; intrigue, tension, and the desire to just keep reading! I can't wait for his next book.

The Black Death: A History From Beginning to End
The Black Death: A History From Beginning to End

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 23 May 2016
A good potted history of The Black Death; lack of documented evidence from the era must have made actual facts hard to find but this book gives insight into just how appalling life must have been at the time

The Other Son
The Other Son

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read, 27 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Other Son (Kindle Edition)
Yet another brilliant book by Nick Alexander; his books are a joy to read, reading them is like eating a bar of your favourite chocolate, you just want to devour it in one sitting! So well written, with interesting characters, a plot line that keeps you guessing, and an ending you never want to get to! So many books fail to keep hold of my interest, and I find myself skim reading them but not Nick's books, I savour every word, and would encourage anyone reading this to not only buy this one, but every other one of his books. Keep writing them Nick, we'll keep buying!

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Bittersweet novel with an unexpected twist. Brilliant, 12 Oct. 2014
A brilliant book, recommended to me by a friend, and one I now recommend to others

The Photographer's Wife
The Photographer's Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars An engrossing novel that I wanted to read in one sitting!, 12 Oct. 2014
Another fantastic book by my favourite author. His writing is clear, engrossing and with a plot to keep you guessing, this novel is a triumph. The storyline is intriguing, (and could be based in reality it's so believable) as you follow two time lines with some of the most interesting characters I've found in a book. I thought the originality of the story was refreshing and this is so well written, the plot is easy to follow and glides seamlessly between the decades, bringing the book to a somewhat unexpected ending. Keep them coming Nick, we will keep buying!

Medisana ITM 88275 Intensive Percussion Massager with Infrared Heat
Medisana ITM 88275 Intensive Percussion Massager with Infrared Heat
Offered by fitvando

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing massager, 2 July 2013
I absolutely love this massage machine- brilliant for aching muscles, easy to use by yourself, and leaves you with lovely warm skin if using the infrared mode. Really good value for money, I would thoroughly recommend this machine. Top tip, use with a massage lotion for a smooth massaging session!

The French House (The Missing Boyfriend Series)
The French House (The Missing Boyfriend Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly absorbing, 9 April 2013
Having read The Case of The Missing Boyfriend, I couldn't wait to download this sequel. I wasn't disappointed. It grabbed me from the start, and I loved the unexpected twists and turns it took. It's an easy read, with a great storyline, which makes it utterly absorbing. I read the book over two days, and was gutted to turn the final page. Great writing from a great author, keep them coming Nick, we'll keep reading.

The Case of the Missing Boyfriend (The Missing Boyfriend Series)
The Case of the Missing Boyfriend (The Missing Boyfriend Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Like meeting an old friend, 23 Feb. 2013
Nick Alexander's books are like meeting an old friend for coffee. You look forward to it, are thoroughly absorbed by it, and really don't want it to end. This is the second of his books I've read on my Kindle, and loved it just as much as The Half-Life of Hannah. An interesting story line with enough hooks to keep you interested, but no complicated plot that loses you half way through. His characters are interesting, quirky and ulitmately someone we can all relate to in some way or another. I would thoroughly recomend his books, and I will certainly read more. Oh, and I've learnt a new word, framily. A brilliant word, that describes well how important our friends are to us. Thanks Nick, keep up the good work.

The Card
The Card

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD version, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Card (Kindle Edition)
Can anyone tell me if I download this book for my Kindle Fire HD will it show the images? I don't want to download it if it doesn't!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2013 8:09 PM GMT