Profile for E. Badger > Reviews

Content by E. Badger

E. Badger (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Art of Encaustic Painting: Contemporary Expression in the Ancient Medium of Pigmented Wax
by Joanne Mattera

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Joanne, 28 July 2013
I have been an avid reader of Joannes blog for a couple of years now. She talks beautifully about the shows she attends on there and kindly shares lots of photos of some wonderfully talented artists, however, I was dissapointed to find that this book was not up to expectations. For example the part on image transfer is 6 lines long and there are no photos/step by step pictures of any methods. A considerable amount of the book is a portfolio of encaustic work, which although is nice (not all to my taste) and gives examples across a range of sculptural as well as collage techniques I found, mostly quite flat (but thats personal preference).
I suppose I was expecting to see some fine examples of how to create textures in encaustic work along with info on using oils with the medium (I cant recall info on layering wax over oil etc) with examples and ideas of tools to use in terms of household and everyday items and collage/monotype methods. I am a printmaker making textural collagraph plates, and was wanting to see some of the methods I saw in Joannes work in her book, however I didnt find anything more than what I already knew (basic technique). Its nice for a beginner perhaps but nothing new for me.

Printmaking: A Complete Guide to Materials and Processes
Printmaking: A Complete Guide to Materials and Processes
by Beth Grabowski

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 July 2013
Really enjoyed this book, lots of information and photos of each of the methods of printmaking as well as studio pictures/equipment/tools other artists work and profiles. I keep going back to this book time and time again as there are so many different aspects of printmaking. I really like the monotype section as this isnt always covered.

Expressive Drawing: A Practical Guide to Freeing the Artist Within (Live & Learn (Lark Books))
by Steven Aimone

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any artist or art student, 5 Jan. 2012
I would recomend this book to anyone in the creative visual arts. Even if you do not intend to persue expressive abstracts as a focus this book guides you through 10 chapters in three main sections: The drawing process, the elements of drawing and drawing relationships. The information set out is described clearly with photos of student and master works to illustrate and then concludes in each example with an exercise to carry out yourself with very clear instruction (step by step but not in a limiting sense) and again photos to illustrate. Free up your technique, unblock your mind or find a new way to percieve the world and those we share it with using this book, a great read and I also have 'creative drawing' by Guasch and this expressive drawing book is by far the better book. I am going now to re-read it from the begining!

Draper 73077 230-Volt 200-Watt 1/4-Sheet Palm Sander (Old Version)
Draper 73077 230-Volt 200-Watt 1/4-Sheet Palm Sander (Old Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 7 Oct. 2011
Really happy at £[]. excellent value. I use this for sanding furiture for repainting and it does the job great. Dont expect alot from the dust extractor though. (hence 4 stars)

Music from the Coffee Lands
Music from the Coffee Lands
Offered by Japan-Select

5.0 out of 5 stars My fave, 27 Jun. 2011
I listen to this album nearly everyday I never get tired of the tracks, every track is wonderful. buy it.

Signe Chanel - Haute Couture Collection [DVD]
Signe Chanel - Haute Couture Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Signe Chanel

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational and funny, 3 Oct. 2010
I am learning more and more about textiles and fashion and this DVD is definately something I would recomend to any student in these fields. The chanel house is always super busy with orders and also preparing for their next collection. I particularly loved the ladies upstairs, the seemstresses, that create the garments and their wonderful personlalities. Quite funny in parts. But their work is wonderful! I was also very interested in the tambour methods used to embroider and embelish the garments, something I will definately be having a go at myself.

Ultimate Illustration
Ultimate Illustration
by Eva Minguet

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 25 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Ultimate Illustration (Paperback)
I love this book, the pictures are beautiful and what a fantastic collection! If your an art or illustration fan add this to your collection you wont be dissapointed

Quick & Easy Machine Quilts: 25 Modern Heirlooms for the Home
Quick & Easy Machine Quilts: 25 Modern Heirlooms for the Home
by Gloria Nicol

4.0 out of 5 stars Great title, 25 Mar. 2010
A great title for the price, the projects are quite basic but usable. A good find to add to the collection if your into quilting.

The Big Book of Illustration Ideas 2
The Big Book of Illustration Ideas 2
by Roger Walton

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Title, 25 Mar. 2010
For anyone intersted in art and illustration this is a great title to add to your collection. beautful pictures and info on the artist. A lovely follow up to the first title in the series.

The Complete Guide to Natural Dyeing: Techniques and Recipes for Dyeing Fabrics, Yarns and Fibres at Home
by Eva Lambert

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Title, 25 Mar. 2010
Just what I wanted a book detailing the process and showing plenty of photos of both the plants used for dyeing and the outcomes. This book gives recepies for your dyeing and I have tried a couple already. Im really happy it incorporates cottons as well as wool as I use both in my work. Recomended for anyone interested in the subject!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3