Profile for Mouse123 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Revved
Revved

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Revved (Kindle Edition)
Wow, what a completely brilliant read. I'm a massive fan of Formula 1 so the fact that this book was about a racing driver and mechanic on the circuit made it a must read. I was completely sucked in and didn't put the book down until I'd finished the whole thing.

I loved the characters, Andi - a mechanic for a top formula one team, daughter of a late F1 driver and a complete sweetheart. Carrick was easy to adore as a sexy Irish F1 driver.

The story focuses around Andi who has taken up a position as a team mechanic. Following the loss of her father she has vowed never to get involved with a racing driver, however, the sexy driver she works for seems intent on changing her mind. Will Andi give in or will she stick to her guns and avoid any potential heartache and the loss of her dream job?

All in all the book was a great read. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next from Samantha Towle.

Zali Luna: Movie Star
Zali Luna: Movie Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly funny read, 26 Mar. 2015
was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this sweet and funny read. Zali had me hooked from the start, she is a brilliant character that pretty much anyone can identify with.

Zali is an ordinary 16 year old that has just happened to land the lead in a hot new movie opposite heartthrob Oliver. The only problem seems to be that Zali has never been kissed, her first kiss is going to be with her crush Oliver in front of an audience. The book follows Zali's adventures in the film industry, the problems encountered and the first flourishes of romance, often with hilarious results.

The book was an engaging read and I'm hoping that maybe Zali will appear again in the future. I'll definitely be looking out for more from this author.

Billionaire's Pursuit (Billionaire Erotic Romance: Never Never Man Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start to the series, 25 Mar. 2015
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review. I was hooked in from the start of the story. Maddie was an intriguing character trying to get her business off the ground when she encounters Greyson, a demanding client from the start. I hated the way the book ended, I needed more and can't wait to find out what happens next!

Gorgeous Chaos (Beautiful Mess Book 3)
Gorgeous Chaos (Beautiful Mess Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great conclusion to the series, 24 Mar. 2015
One hell of a ride to finish the trilogy. full of twists and turns that made for compelling reading. I couldn't put the book down and devoured it in one sitting. A simply amazing read.

I was wondering if this instalment would live up to the other two and was blown away that it did. Alex and Olivia continue to ride the bumpy road of angst ridden love, without giving anything away with spoilers I wanted to slap Olivia on occasion. I understood why Alex did what he did but Olivia seems to be completely unable to trust him at points in the story but willing to embrace others that are clearly dubious from previous experience.

There were parts of this book that I hated but purely because I dislike the violence, I knew it was going to be an epic conclusion and what that would entail but even so I found it hard to read. I loved the plot twist though I'd seen it coming I hadn't expected to dislike the character quite as much as I did.

All in all an amazing read, great story and the characters continued to delight and horrify me. I'll be looking forward to see what else this author comes up with.

A Beautiful Mess
A Beautiful Mess

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: A Beautiful Mess (Kindle Edition)
Loved the intriguing story, was desperate for more and nearly swore when the book finished on a cliff hanger. I can't wait for the next in the series to see where the story goes and what is going on in Olivia's head. Loved the characters especially Alex.

A Vampire's Soul (Vampire's Promise Book 2)
A Vampire's Soul (Vampire's Promise Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 23 Mar. 2015
I was completely hooked in with the first book, horrified by the ending and then was completely blown away by this book.

Rowan and Gabriel's relationship was scattered with oddities in the first instalment and though the explanation was obvious to all but Rowan this book pulled away more layers. Gabriel's transition was fascinating and the links with Rowan was completely unexpected. I enjoyed the way that the story unfolded dragging me along at a pace.

I loved the book and can't wait to read more from this author.

Good as Dead (Skin Witch Book 1)
Good as Dead (Skin Witch Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding read, 21 Mar. 2015
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. Paranormal books are not my first choice of genre but I was completely blown away by this one. A real page turner of a story that deserves to be read.

The book starts gently introducing Nina, a heroine in difficult circumstances. Left alone as her grandmother is dying, she is confused about her boyfriend and her ex best friend has crawled out of the wood work begging for help. A strange new neighbour with a photosensitivity causes makes Nina fear for her friend's safety when she disappears. Nina goes in search for answers, facing a terrifying reality where vampires are pure evil and are after her blood.

I loved Nina, an incredibly strong character even in the face of her worst nightmare. The intricate family history and the pack of wolves was a great addition. Gideon was my favourite character, the whole ink story was compelling.

A.J.Navarre was a new author to me but I will definitely be looking to read more of her work.

Flame
Flame

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Flame (Kindle Edition)
Another great read from Sammie J. Flame had me hooked in from the start, I love rock star books and this one had a great twist and I couldn't put the book down until I'd finished the whole thing.

Jenna is a photographer under the wing of the handsome Scott. A great deal of chemistry exists between the two of them but Jenna is on the look out for a relationship. A dream job is landed by Scott and the pair find themselves photographing a famous band. Three hot rock stars and one witch of a manager make for a lively session, sparks ignite but will Jenna get burned?

I loved this short read, Flame is a great character.

Remastered (Black Halo Series)
Remastered (Black Halo Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant short read, 16 Mar. 2015
Loved this insight into Spook's wants and needs. The only thing wrong with this short book is that it has left me wanting more! I love this series.

Leading Man (Hollywood to Olympus Book 3)
Leading Man (Hollywood to Olympus Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 16 Mar. 2015
I found this book a little slow at the start, the characters were introduced and for some reason it didn't grip me immediately. By the time Ash and Nick were involved the story began to move a little quicker and I was soon completely engrossed in the story.

Nick is involved with a project that requires him to dance and that isn't a talent that he possesses. Things have soured with his current dance instructor, the play is opening soon and he is desperate for help. Ashleigh is a dance teacher, trying to expand her business and in need of more clients.

The chemistry between Nick and Ashleigh is apparent from the start. I loved the fact that they were both trying to maintain their professionalism and trying to avoid romance. I didn't like the fact that Nick came across as a complete ass on two occasions in the story. Ashleigh is a great character, strong and determined to fight for everything that she has instead of riding the gravy train.

I hadn't realised that the book was part of a series, I haven't read any of the others and it didn't seem to be an issue. I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading the others.

I was given and ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20