Profile for Mr. Grzegorz Junka > Reviews

Content by Mr. Grzegorz Junka

Mr. Grzegorz Junka (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Forefront Cases® Kobo Aura ONE 7.8 (Released 2016) Shell Smart Case Cover - Ultra Slim Lightweight with full device protection and Smart Auto Sleep Wake function
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 30 July 2017
Good quality, good looking. Fulfils its role perfectly. Recommended if you have Kobo Aura ONE

Knife Sharpener - Smart Sharp by Lantana. No1 Choice for Sharpening Kitchen Knives. Next Generation 3 stage Manual System for professional results - ceramic stone, tungsten carbide plates, diamond rod. Ergonomic Design with a Stylish Black/Chrome Finish. Used by Chefs World Wide - Sharpen Your Blunt Blades Now!
Offered by GT Homeware

MyDigitalSSD OTG (On The Go) mSATA Based SuperSpeed USB 3.0 UASP Portable External Solid State Storage Drive SSD (64GB)
Offered by ReposIT EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Short-lasting fun, 9 Dec. 2015
I bought MyDigital SSD OTG 128 GB in another online shop. It was very fast. I didn't see any difference between this disk and a SSD build-in to my laptop (Asus UX31E). Also the BIOS could see the disk and boot from it without problems. The only downside was that it was drawing way more power than a normal pendrive. My laptop coped OK but a particular spot in the upper middle part of the keyboard was getting very hot causing the fan to run almost continuously. I bought a powered USB Hub but it didn't help much. The hub itself wasn't visible to BIOS so I could not boot the system when the disk was connected through it, and when I used a special cable that allows to draw power from two USB ports (one of them being the HUB) the laptop wasn't getting any less hot.

I write this in past tense because, unfortunately, within less than three weeks the disk broke down. It's no longer visible in BIOS and when querying the disk with diskinfo (on Linux/FreeBSD) it shows that the size of the disk is 20Mb. I am not sure if the SSD disk itself broke or if it was the controller. Nevertheless, the disk can no longer be read from or written to. I contacted the producer. They said that they will send me a return form if I give them the PayPal transaction ID, which I did. And I haven't heard from them since then. Tried to contact again with no result so far.

So, summing up, a great disk while it works. An expensive piece of rubbish once it stops. Because of this experience I would suggest to try HyperX Savage first.

LINDY 0.5m USB 3.0 Extension Cable - Type A Male to A Female, Black
LINDY 0.5m USB 3.0 Extension Cable - Type A Male to A Female, Black
Offered by In21 Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Device isn't recognized as USB 3.0, 16 April 2014
I tried to connect Lexar P10 32Gb using this cable but it wasn't recognized by Windows 7 as USB 3.0. I thought it's a problem with my driver, but after buying a cheap Kingston with USB 3.0 I was able to check that my computer recognizes the USB 3.0 speed without problems. But when I try to connect it through this cable the system says that the device can perform faster if I connect it to a USB 3.0 port. At some point the Lexar stopped being recognized at all. I am not sure but it could have been damaged by this cable. I replaced the Lexar and the new one works as USB 3.0 without problems when connected directly. I am not trying it on this cable again.

The New Jerome Biblical Commentary
The New Jerome Biblical Commentary
by Raymond E. Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars DESTROYING THE BIBLE, 20 Mar. 2013
Not only the editors claim that most stories presented in the Bible are fictitious, but they also gave themselves Nihil Obstat for their own work! Just search the internet, there are plenty of opinions about the damage this edition does to the Bible. Please do some research on your own before deciding to support this work by spending your money on it.

Corsair CMFVYA8GBGT 8GB Flash Voyager GT USB Flash Drive
Corsair CMFVYA8GBGT 8GB Flash Voyager GT USB Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast and reliable, 17 Dec. 2011
I have been using this model for at least 3 years. And I am storing on it my emails, so it is being written to at least a few times a day.

Nokia BLD-3 Internal Battery - Nokia 2100/ 3300/ 6610/ 7210/ 7250/ 7250i
Nokia BLD-3 Internal Battery - Nokia 2100/ 3300/ 6610/ 7210/ 7250/ 7250i

4.0 out of 5 stars Item as described, time will tell the performance, 22 Nov. 2009
In my case the item was exactly as on the photo. On the battery is printed Made in Japan. The battery arrived without any package so I can't tell if this is a new battery or an used one. So far the new battery was working just fine, but it has been only a couple of days. It may take even a few months to discover any flaws, but for now the price for what I've actually received was just excellent.

Startech LP4 to Latching SATA Power Adapter Cable
Startech LP4 to Latching SATA Power Adapter Cable

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description, 29 Jun. 2009
Technical details says that this item has male LP4 connector, but the description says that the connector is female. The photo shows a male LP4 connector, so looks like the description is wrong.

StarTech.com 6in 4 Pin Molex to SATA Power Cable Adapter - LP4 to SATA  - 6in Molex to SATA Cable - 4 pin to SATA power
StarTech.com 6in 4 Pin Molex to SATA Power Cable Adapter - LP4 to SATA - 6in Molex to SATA Cable - 4 pin to SATA power
Offered by Kikatek

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description, 29 Jun. 2009
This is of course Male LP4 to Female SATA Power connector. A SATA hard disk has male connector. Whereas this item will allow you to do what the description says (connect a SATA hard disk using a LP4 connector), it won't help you if all you need is a cable with male SATA connector (for example to extend it using another SATA female-female Power cable).
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2015 11:37 AM BST

Half-Life 2: Holiday Collection (PC DVD)
Half-Life 2: Holiday Collection (PC DVD)
Offered by marxwax

4.0 out of 5 stars The game is excellent, but the way you get it is not the best one., 11 Mar. 2007
The game is very good, a lot of fun, quick graphics even on older machines (the game is for sure less demanding than FEAR or Riddick), long story, nice locations, great physics. Just a classic game if you like FP shooters. I love the game especially for its open spaces and views. Just gorgeous!

The Holiday collection goes with some more titles but only Half Life 2 is actually on the DVD, the rest has to be downloaded by a special program called Steam. This is a platform developed by Valve (the Half Life producer). What it means is that you need an Internet connection to be able to get all these additional games. It is not a very big issue if you have a fast connection at home, but in my case the download was very low so I had to wait a few days before I could even try these games! And even Half Life 2, which is on the DVD, had to be first updated before I could run it. And if your connection is sometimes down the Steam is starting very very long. It finally allows you to play without the constant Internet connection but the whole system is far from being user friendly. There is actually a god support at Valve websites and you can buy other games using the same Steam platform, so it is not totally bad, but you have to consider your Internet connection before buying this pack.

Page: 1 | 2