Profile for Alfie > Reviews

Content by Alfie

Alfie (South coast of England)

Magic in the Moonlight [DVD] [2014]
Magic in the Moonlight [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Colin Firth

3.0 out of 5 stars the love story lacks credibility and as often happens you see ..., 31 Dec. 2015
Disappointing really, the love story lacks credibility and as often happens you see the best bits in the trailer which builds your hopes ..

Clock Solitaire
Clock Solitaire

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 28 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Clock Solitaire (App)
Rubbish, no type of skill required, just move the cards and hope you don't get given the 4 kings, if you do you lose, I deleted very quickly

Soul City
Soul City

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Era, 31 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Soul City (Audio CD)
When did you last listen to?? .... and the list would make 3 cd's I guess you have to be of an age to have been at the club or pub disco to have watched Top Of The Pops back in the day and to LOVE this music, CD heaven, such memories, of a great era ..you will love this.

Take Ten
Take Ten

5.0 out of 5 stars A Joy to the ears., 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Take Ten (Audio CD)
I am a fan of Stan Getz he can play the Sax, but this "Take Ten" CD is extraordinary, I want to listen over and over. pure joy to the ears..

Forty Years of Murder: An Autobiography
Forty Years of Murder: An Autobiography
by Keith Simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars Ture and very interesting read., 24 April 2013
How grateful we should be that such a dedicated, searching, no stone left unturned Pathologist served us to get convictions against the murderers of his era.

Performing postmortems on some of the most far gone bodies found discarded and half hidden poor people!

Not a read for all, maggots play a big part in the timing of decomposition, and we do read a lot about "seething masses".

A wonderful professional, honest, dedicated, crime solver professor Keith Simpson.

Nicola Spring Triple Wooden 3 Photo Hanging Picture Frame - 6 x 4"
Nicola Spring Triple Wooden 3 Photo Hanging Picture Frame - 6 x 4"
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Style., 7 Feb. 2013
Very fit for purpose, yes "chic", 3 themed postcards in our case look very smart and could not be easier to hang!

Christmas Jazz
Christmas Jazz
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Cometh the season Cometh the CD, 16 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Christmas Jazz (Audio CD)
Wonderful Jazzy cd of recognized and loved Christmas music, absolutely just so right to lift the mood and make you want to tap your feet, or even burst into a few spontaneous dance steps. Merry Christmas !!

Logitech Z523 Speakers - Black
Logitech Z523 Speakers - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound!!, 19 Mar. 2012
Having "Just" discovered Last FM (Which is why I wanted to upgrade my speakers)I was listening to Nina Simone singing "My baby just cares for me" (A song that needs a little base) and Madam called from another room "Great Sound" ... enough said as far as I am concerned. This kit sounds really good adjust your base in the sub and just enjoy a great expensive sounding sound.

Edit ..we have moved on 2 years to Nov 2014, and after moderate use they have died, No idea why one day they were great the next .. no power, I thought I heard a pop so the circuit board I guess .. 2.5 years moderate use ?? I am quite annoyed as they really were a great sound system.

Bipra USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Kit with Power Adapter for 2.5/3.5/5.25 inch SATA or IDE Drive
Offered by Bipra Limited Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Iomax USB Adapter kit, 28 Sept. 2011
Within a couple of weeks of each other my desktop and laptop graphics cards failed and to cut a long story short it was time to replace.
But what of the data? could have installed hard drives into new systems maybe not so easy in laptop! but this kit works a treat the old hard drive comes alive on screen,drag and drop everything to new system I even saved my old favorites, can not speak highly enough of ease of use and results highly recommend for data recovery, so long I guess that it is not the hard drive that had failed, not so sure in that case.

Our Man in Orlando (Monday Books)
Our Man in Orlando (Monday Books)
by Hugh Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and insightful read .., 1 Oct. 2010
"You do not want to be a white boy in a Florida prison. No sir, you do not." He looked at me."My friend," he said " if you are ever convicted of a crime in Florida, and they are going to send you to one of these places"- he paused for dramatic, effect-" take a gun, put it in your mouth and pull the trigger". As he said this , he mimed it with his hand to drive home the point. he meant it ...

I will leave it up to you to read why!! ...

Not! the funny from page One book that i read reviews on, but a "Very very good read" about the terrible things Brits do abroad-
" A few youthful years of high-octane excitement for this purgatory. He had completely wasted his life at a time when he was lacking the wisdom to understand what he was throwing away."
And the lock them up and throw away the key(if only it were the same here) way of USA justice.

And also the way the Foreign and Commonwealth office(FCO)became driven by targets not people, and there problems, sound familiar?..

Do read, and then behave yourself on holiday..