Profile for D. Cashman > Reviews

Content by D. Cashman

D. Cashman (Milton Keynes, England)

The Law Machine
The Law Machine
by Clare Dyer

5.0 out of 5 stars An introduction and explanation into the very cogs of our society, 10 Jun. 2007
This review is from: The Law Machine (Paperback)
After reading this book, I question how my ignorance regarding the law had managed to be so far-reaching! If you are looking for an in-depth discussion of the development of, and current, legal situation, this is not the book for you. By its own admission, it is intended purely as an introduction with aspects of development and explanation thrown in - but this is not a weakness of the book by any means. As a prospective law student, this book allowed me to begin to enter the world of the law, with all its manifest profundities and absurd historic quirks, and it is a world I look forward to learning more about.

I would recommend this book for anyone interested in how our society functions or for anyone about to be involved in legal proceedings (be they as a divorcee, defendant or accused!) It is written in a style that is easy to read and is supported by frequent examples and clarifications.

In summary, if you want a legal overview of the UK, buy this book.